Thread: CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season.

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season.

Jessica Wong キ CBC News キ Posted: Apr 16, 2019 7:00 AM ET | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

"

It was a decade ago, but Sandra Bezic still has vivid memories of the night Battle of the Blades debuted at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto.

"My knees were shaking. My heart was pounding so hard I thought everybody could see it, because we had no idea what would happen," recalled the former figure skater, Olympian, choreographer, skating analyst and producer.

"We had no idea how the hockey players would react under this kind of pressure — under spotlights, skating to music, without a uniform, without their team, without their helmets. And that first night was incredible."

Battle of the Blades made its debut in October 2009, showcasing figure skating pairs made up of former skate pros and ex-hockey stars. Each team aimed to dazzle judges and the voting audience alike, while raising awareness of different causes or charities.

Bezic is hoping to recreate that magic with a fresh instalment of the uber-Canadian, crowd-pleasing reality competition. CBC Television announced on Tuesday that Battle of the Blades will return for a fifth season this fall.

"

Continue Reading Here.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    I would LOVE to watch this in the US. Anyone have any hints?

GS Supporter

5 Not allowed!
    I知 dying.

I知 thinking this will be full of the recent retirees. V/M, D/R, Osmond and Chan. That leaves two more figure skaters for 8 episodes.

Maybe they include some lady hockey players this time. Canada has quite a few famous ones.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziotic View Post
    I知 dying.

I知 thinking this will be full of the recent retirees. V/M, D/R, Osmond and Chan. That leaves two more figure skaters for 8 episodes.

Maybe they include some lady hockey players this time. Canada has quite a few famous ones.
    I don't recall singles skaters, especially World Champs like Osmond and Chan, ever joining BOTB. They usually get pairs skaters and ice dancers.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkz2 View Post
    I don't recall singles skaters, especially World Champs like Osmond and Chan, ever joining BOTB. They usually get pairs skaters and ice dancers.
    Just because it wasn稚 done in the past I知 sure it could change!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkz2 View Post
    They could always be judges, though this will be on during the Virtue/Moir Rock tour in October and November, so I doubt they will be part of the show, and certainly not as contestants.

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah, this overlaps with the tour, so they wouldn’t be on it (at least this season). If it continues, who knows?

However, I would guess this is the other commitment that Meagan mentioned for why she and Eric weren’t doing the tour.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    Yeah, this overlaps with the tour, so they wouldn’t be on it (at least this season). If it continues, who knows?

However, I would guess this is the other commitment that Meagan mentioned for why she and Eric weren’t doing the tour.
    yup... seems likely... also, perhaps it would be a good opportunity for Julianne if she is still looking for a partner

7 Not allowed!
    The past editions of this show were so cool. The hockey players really stepped up. I remember when Valeri Bure won with Katia Gordeeva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Xug4m9Iy8
    Last edited by Mathman; 04-16-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The past editions of this show were so cool. The hockey players really stepped up. I remember when Valeri Bure won with Katia Gordeeva.
    Me Too. I loved them.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by magictodo View Post
    i would love to watch this in the us. Anyone have any hints?
    vpn?

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Xug4m9Iy8
    Thank you Mathman. I've heard about this show, I've seen some short clips, but this was a whole programme and really, really nice to watch!

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    I can't think of any skating show that has lasted this long and continued to be successful. Sandra must be so proud.

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    I was so fortunate to have seen some of the shows live. I can't wait to see more!