CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season. | Page 4 | Golden Skate

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season.

I just watched the whole show. What a delight. They all look look like they are having so much fun.Weaver and Kennedy :rock:

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I know, but I like how she was bringing out the performance from her partner. And she is just a joy to watch :)

OMG, does she not have a knack for being hooked up with the most beautiful men!? Brian is so gorgeous, just like Morgan and Yannick! :love:

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It is so hard to compare the teams but ice dancers are different than pairs. And I think Andrew is going to have issues with lifting Natalie.

Yes, she is a big girl (yeah!) but remember this is first and foremost a popularity contest, and Natalie is most popular and rumor has it this is the dancer's year vs. pairs as usual. But it's just a rumor. ;)

It is so hard to compare the teams but ice dancers are different than pairs. And I think Andrew is going to have issues with lifting Natalie.

I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought Andrew tossed her around like the pro he is. :rock:

Plus their unison and partnering were great!

Who were the older couple that Natalie was sitting with at the beginning? Are they her parents?

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought Andrew tossed her around like the pro he is. :rock:

Plus their unison and partnering were great!

Who were the older couple that Natalie was sitting with at the beginning? Are they her parents?

Not sure about the lady, but the man that was rocking with her was definitely her dad. The resemblance is unmistakable.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder if there is a rule who has to throw who. I am wondering if Natalie cold throw Andrew or even lift him? Even though he is an ice dance I wonder if He could land a throw single axel or double sal or toe?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The CBC YouTube channel has posted the individual performances of the contestants in 1080p (the ones on the CBC website are 720p):

Natalie Spooner & Andrew Poje: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tkvsiThj0

Amanda Evora & Colton Orr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3azlhxRDJ8

Kaitlyn Weaver & Sheldon Kennedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctGfpCx9_Ss

Amanda Kessel & Eric Radford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH6vGPOtYac

Vanessa James & Brian McGrattan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F0L-kSqub8

Ekaterina Gordeeva & Bruno Gervais: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HG-6DyfhIo

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I totally disagree with the judges' decision to eliminate Kessel & Radford. :furious: Evora fell during her performance.

I'm reminded of why I hate the old 6.0 system.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
It's a hard choice, but I agree with the judges. Kessel was very robotic even comparing to the tough guys, sort of reminding me the classic clock hands from men's single in good old days.
Evora and Orr do seam to have more potential with time to gel.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think Amanda & Colton's basic qualities were probably better than Amanda & Eric's, though whether that should outweigh the fall is of course a matter of personal opinion (seeing as the judging on this show proudly has no criteria whatsoever).

The ice dancers are really dominating this show so far; Ekaterina is the only pair skater in the top tier of contenders, as I see it. Kaitlyn/Sheldon currently out in front, I think Natalie/Andrew can challenge but it will require them to incorporate more ice dance elements to match the former.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I think Amanda & Colton's basic qualities were probably better than Amanda & Eric's, though whether that should outweigh the fall is of course a matter of personal opinion (seeing as the judging on this show proudly has no criteria whatsoever).

The ice dancers are really dominating this show so far; Ekaterina is the only pair skater in the top tier of contenders, as I see it. Kaitlyn/Sheldon currently out in front, I think Natalie/Andrew can challenge but it will require them to incorporate more ice dance elements to match the former.

Yeah, it's pretty clear at this point this is the Kaitlyn & Sheldon show! And I'd say it's a pretty darn good show! Though I do hope Brian get hit with an electrified bolt of competitiveness and let loose his inner "Footloose"! :laugh: Vanessa and Brian need to step it up and challenge Sheldon's showmanship for the WIN! :biggrin:

liv

Record Breaker
Yeah, Kessel was really robotic last night. She seemed nervous, unsure... if I didn't know she was a hockey player I might have even assumed she'd never skated before. During the performance I was thinking that she was probably going to be eleminated, but at least she's had the experience of doing some actual rotating overhead lifts and pair moves that she'd never otherwise have if she hadn't tried this and been paired with Eric.

And yes, the best team so far is Weaver and Sheldon Kennedy. They just really look like they are having a great time and he's totally embracing the figure skating/performance part.

Yeah, Kessel was really robotic last night. She seemed nervous, unsure... if I didn't know she was a hockey player I might have even assumed she'd never skated before.

Amanda Kessel can skate, she is just not a natural dancer.

I didn't fault Amanda Evora's fall so much since it was on a full out pairs throw jump!

Colton looked like a giant compared to Amanda (4'9") :)

Last edited: