CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season. | Page 8 | Golden Skate

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The voting might not support this but I like Poje, Weaver and Gordeeva's teams. They are pretty consistent too. I am sorry even with a double twist Evora's team doesn't do much for me but it is still fun to watch.

kkermit

On the Ice
Hot takes: week 5

Amanda & Colton: Amanda - so fearless! Colton looked scared to death on that last lift and I hope he didn't get injured right there. Oh, and Colton smiling throughout was a huge improvement. Still, next week they gotta go.
Natalie & Andrew: My least favourite performance from them.. very rough. Nice costumes though!
Kaitlyn & Sheldon: My favourite team of the night, not my favourite performance by them, however. Sheldon kinda checked out halfway through and was focusing on the very hard choreography.

Bottom 2:
So sad to see V & PJ out! Even though PJ was weak technically I found his performances with V so much more engaging and fun to watch every week. Compare this to Katia & Bruno, where again, Katia is a star and Bruno has 0 presence on the ice. It was nice, smooth, and boring all at the same time. Kurt making his choice to the viewers obvious with that 6.0. They're still going to be in the bottom 2 next week though.:popcorn:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yeah, Amanda/Colton are not doing it for me... that would have been my elimination pick from week one onward.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i love bruno... sorry.. but i will have him any day over colton or pj...

andrew and nathalie were not very strong this week

kaitlyn and sheldon are favourites to win

what kurt did was simply to tell canadians to vote for the one team that actually skates as one... and to do this with katia.. WOW... not a lot of figure skaters can match her skating.... let alone hockey players... so bruno is my man...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Anyway, this show makes me feel more and more grateful for changes in the judging system that the sport underwent in the last decade, and for SkAm starting today!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you siberia82. Somehow I'm coming back to this thread every week. It is rather fun. Kaitlyn and Sheldon are such a joy to watch, and I agree with an earlier poster that Nathalie and Andrew were less interesting this week. Still fun though, all of them.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am so impressed with what these skaters can do! Some of these tricks are pretty darn competitive even in a the olympic eligible contests.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I loved Meagan's technical notes as a judge! It made my diehard-fan heart happy! So many of the comments from other judges just use feelings words, and here comes Meagan with, "That's a Group 5 lift! That's a double Lutz! That's a rotational jump in both directions! Kaitlyn, it's amazing for an ice dancer to do a head banger!" It was so refreshing! She expressed her feelings along with skating jargon! You rock, Meagan! :rock: She seemed quite moved to hear "Hometown Glory" again. I was watching Amanda and Colton but thinking about D&R during it.

"It's amazing for an ice dancer to do a head banger!"

I know! Who in their right mind would do a head banger except with a partner who was an experienced adagio pairs performer?

She seemed quite moved to hear "Hometown Glory" again. I was watching Amanda and Colton but thinking about D&R during it.

As for the performance, nice throw jump, but the lifts were not so graceful. Colton looked like he was petrified that he might get the hold wrong and end up causing an injury. (She's tougher than she looks, Colton -- but good on ya' for chivalry.)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ah Hometown Glory - Amanda and Colton maybe were a little short of the glory part lol. I don't remember seeing a Group 5 lift or a double lutz. I must have missed that - darn:(

uandmfan

Spectator
I know! Who in their right mind would do a head banger except with a partner who was an experienced adagio pairs performer

I'm pretty sure Isabelle Brasseur did with her partner in season 2.

As amazing as this year has been, the technical abilities seem less than in years past. The 2 twist being an exception. In the past the teams did real death spirals and bigger lifts.

I am really enjoying what Sheldon is putting out there though, twizzlers and jumps, some pretty amazing stuff.

kkermit

On the Ice
So guys, who do you think is gonna win this thing? I see the judges (especially Kurt:rolleye:) really pushing for one team but who do you think deserves the win if we look objectively over the entire arc of the show?

trouble77

Rinkside
In this Battle of the blades, Bruno should win. I understand why Kurt is so impressed by him. Bruno has managed to skate with such fluidity while at the same time doing difficult lifts without ever showing how difficult the lifts are. I never saw him wobble once while lifting Katia. Among the Hockey players he is the most elegant and graceful skater on the ice. I like when he smile while skating and I can understand how much he struggled both when he had to learn a routine without Katia and this week with an injured arm.
Katia must have thought him some real figure skating skills.

The winner will probably be Sheldon Kennedy, because he is as cute as a cup cake and because he really pushed his body quite alot to entertain the audience. But in terms of elegance, fluidity and "figure skating skills", Bruno has not match among the hockey players.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In this Battle of the blades, Bruno should win. I understand why Kurt is so impressed by him. Bruno has managed to skate with such fluidity while at the same time doing difficult lifts without ever showing how difficult the lifts are. I never saw him wobble once while lifting Katia. Among the Hockey players he is the most elegant and graceful skater on the ice. I like when he smile while skating and I can understand how much he struggled both when he had to learn a routine without Katia and this week with an injured arm.
Katia must have thought him some real figure skating skills.

The winner will probably be Sheldon Kennedy, because he is as cute as a cup cake and because he really pushed his body quite alot to entertain the audience. But in terms of elegance, fluidity and "figure skating skills", Bruno has not match among the hockey players.

yup

on popularity, sheldon

on pure skating bruno

kkermit

On the Ice
yup

on popularity, sheldon

on pure skating bruno
Yea, and it seems it's truly up to Canada's votes next week. And Kaitlyn and Sheldon have yet to be in the bottom 2 and have been receiving relatively good marks. While Katia and Bruno have bested them a few times by. 1 or so, they have a smaller fanbase and still end up in the skate off. The bicep injury came at an inopportune time too.

Emilia12

Rinkside
Overall through the season Sheldon and Kaitlyn got the higher scores from the judges, and they seem to be quite popular with the viewers. They did the most intricate numbers and they are a great entertainment. I hope they win