CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season. | Page 9 | Golden Skate

CBC's "Battle of the Blades" Returns for a fifth Season.

I think Sheldon is the best dancer and entertainer and also that Kaitlyn has brought out the best in him.

Katia and Bruno's programs have the most substance and depth, to me. (Plus ... there is something about Ekaterina Gordeeva that just makes you forget there is anyone else in the room. :yes: )

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For me, Gordeeva and Gervais won this round. Although Spooner and Poje were a delight. She can do a throw jump! I mean as the jumper, not the thrower. :)

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I like this show.. im glad they brought it back..the only beef for me that I have is the judging is way too lenient. There's hardly any criticism.. like go watch dancing with the starts.. they're brutal on it lol. they have no problems giving a 3 or a 4 if needed but week one BOTB is handing out 5.8's like.. what?!?! put that mark down to 3.5 if they cant cross over properly like come on....

kkermit

On the Ice
So, what did we think of the finale?

Predictable winners and I felt they were rushed for time.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kaitlyn Weaver and Sheldon Kennedy Congratulations!

A huge congratulations to Kaitlyn Weaver and Sheldon Kennedy for their Battle of the Blades win. I voted for them to win because they really skated with their hearts. I loved their Chaplin program, it was brilliant and Sheldon's heartfelt skate really came through. I enjoyed all the skaters programs of course and the finale was wonderful. Kurt's tribute to the charities was moving. Well done CBC.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/battle-of-the-blades-winners-1.5343129

:medal":points:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed all the performances, their stories and personal growth as skaters/individuals. The friendships and respect for each other will not doubt prevail. The charities involved are the real winners here. As Katia said, it was her honour to be a part of this project, as it was for me as a fan.

Thank you to these stars of the ice, or as Bruno said earlier re his partner, "skating royalty".

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This is so fantastic, although I would have put Spooner and Poje first. Don't get me wrong, I liked all the performances (and as I didn't vote, this is just an opinion, and not even a Canadian one), but I just loved Nathalie with her adoreable smile and her presence. Kenney and Weaver were wonderful, so it's not a big deal any way.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is so fantastic, although I would have put Spooner and Poje first. Don't get me wrong, I liked all the performances (and as I didn't vote, this is just an opinion, and not even a Canadian one), but I just loved Nathalie with her adoreable smile and her presence.

What was amazing about Natalie Spooner was this. Pair skating and Ice Dance, although a premium is placed on two-skating-as-one. still, the lady is the flower and the man is the stem. Natalie blossomed, and Andrew was proud as punch to present her.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's Sandra Besik recapping her impressions of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaTZmEKWpm0

I enjoyed this very much. I especially enjoyed Sandra telling us that at the beginning of training, they try out different hockey players with figure skaters, and they discover who has chemistry together, how individuals' movements and personalities mesh with each other, and so forth. The recap is about 9 minutes.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
For me, Gordeeva and Gervais won this round. Although Spooner and Poje were a delight. She can do a throw jump! I mean as the jumper, not the thrower. :)

Spooner could probably throw Poje. I wonder if he weighs more than her?