Next seasons predictions | Golden Skate

Next seasons predictions

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I'm wondering what people are thinking is gonna happen in the next competitive season! Anything from music to competitions to coaching changes.

Some of my predictions for next season are that Rika will win worlds, Shoma with an updated technical layout will be just as favourable as Chen/Hanyu/Zhou, P/C will try something new (Please!) and some new pair will come out of nowhere to be a force to be reckoned with.

What are your predictions for next season? I am very curious to hear!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Shcherbakova will be the Russian Junior who will have the most success next season.

Zhou will place above Hanyu at the GPF but under him at Worlds and/or 4CC.

Tuktamysheva will win a World medal.

Fear and Gibson will place top 4 at Europeans and 8 at Worlds.

Gilles and Poirier will win Canadian nationals.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
rusfed will send different ladies to different event (not all of them of course)

matteo rizzo will win euro bronze :luv17:

fear/gibson in top 10 at worlds and euros

more ladies with quads (how successfully is entirely another pairs of shoes)

we will keep arguing about goes, wurobbed, bad judging, artistry vs athleticism, urs

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Yuzu will do 4F and 4Lz (please don't get injured), Kostornaia will dominate seniors with a successful 3A, Kaori Sakamoto will learn 3A, defend her Japanese title, and medal at worlds. In pairs Sui/ Han will win worlds and gpf:pray:, and in ice dance, P/C will continue to dominate, and C/P will make the US team for worlds and 4cc

sx98423

On the Ice
daniil will have good music cuts for ALL of his programs. we'll get lots of quad attempts from current senior ladies and satoko does the 3A.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
GPF ladies participants - 5 Russians and one Kazakh :biggrin:

New WRs in ladies in September's challengers already :rock:

New wave of usual "raising the age", "mature skating vs jumping beans" and "cheated quads" antisport bs in media/forums :drama: Ugh, it's not even a prediction - it's inevitability :sarcasm:

Osmond, Medvedeva, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Sotnikova, Panenkova, Tsurskaya, Higuchi, Chen, Kostner, Sotskova, Nagasu - will retire officially (someone at the beginning of the season - someone at the end) :rolleye:

RusNat results will be huge "corrupted judging" scandal - as always :palmf: No doubt they are going to keep at least one of the new stars out of a podium for the sake of "honored veterans" position :confused2:

Valieva will win JWC (yeah, even despite Liu's tech content) :cheer::peace:

As a result - most likely they will win the voting for raising the age to 16 at the end of a season's ISU congress - albeit barely. Also they will try to forbid quads for ladies and/or juniors there - with a pretext of "health concerns" of course. It will be postoned until Beijing (unless there will be injuries on quads though).

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Since last season I predicted Junhwan would qualify for GPF and it actually happened, then I predict he will be on Worlds podium.

ruga

Final Flight
At least 5-6 ladies with quads/3A in 2020 Worlds
All russian podium at worlds or GPF
5 Eteri girls and Rika at GPF
Valieva and Liu dominating the junior competitions
More attempts of 4A in men's competitions

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan will win his third World Championship. Papadakis and Cizeron will go undefeated. Beyond that, it is impossible to predict.

chanchan

On the Ice
Karen Chen will balance Cornell and competitions as well as Nathan.
Ting Cui will rise to be the top lady.
Wakaba will come back from injury.
C/P will become NO.3 team in U.S. and make the world team. Same with L/L in Canada.
Mikhail Kolyada finally get his constant 4lz and 4S.
And my boy Andrew Torgashev please keep healthy and get his 3A.::pray:luv17:

Maju

On the Ice
I want to bring this thread back!
Liza Tuktik will medal at Russian Nationals! I have another feeling of mine ;)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
My crazy predictions:

Jason Brown will nail his 4S and snatch a medal during the GP. Maybe even make it to the GP final :p (my dream)
Juhwan Cha will come back stronger than ever! This season will be his redemption (if KFSU let's him, please no 10000 national comps for him anymore)
Also Shae-Lynn will give him another iconic program(s) that will surpass Junliette!
Alysa Liu will snatch a gold medal at one point during the JGP.
Zhenya will snatch my heart with her new programs like always ( :p)
Rika Kihira nailing her 4S, 3A+3T, 3A Free program! With her boot issues hopefully being fixed everything should be going better this season!
Kaori Sakamoto lands a 3A at one point during the season
Kevin Aymoz gets the recognition and PCs he deserves. King of StSqs, King of innovative choreo!!! Lands two Quads in the Free!
Ayaka Hosada gets an international comp (probably B-comp) and nails 3 3A's like at JNats and (maybe) a Quad and shows everyone difficult jumps are not just for little girls and peaking in your mid 20s is not impossible!
Satoko Miyahara will get robbed in PCs like always :( !
Young You will have an amazing senior debut and pull out either a 3A or 4Lutz despite troubles last season.

natsulian

Final Flight
- Valieva and Liu will DOMINATE the Junior ladies scene
- Gracie Gold will make a triumphant return on to the Nationals scene
- Ting Cui will land the 4T
- Rika Kihira will land her 3A-3T, 4S, and 3A during the Free
- The 245-250 threshold will be surpassed by one of the ladies
- Russian will dominate early on, but slow down dramatically during the second half of the season
- Scandal at Worlds 2020
- Someone will land a Quint in competition
- Someone will land a 4A in competition
- Nathan will win his 3rd title
- Vincent Zhou will be the US National Champion for the men
- Ting Cui will defeat Alysa Liu and become US National Champion for the ladies
- More women try quads
- More men try quints and 4A
- PCS will run away from those deserving of it
- ISU scandal

nikros

Rinkside
JGP: Valieva vs Liu and Gogolev vs Samsonov
WR podium: Trusova, Sherbakova, Kihira in any order.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
GPF ladies participants - 5 Russians and one Kazakh :biggrin:

:laugh:
hopefully that won't happen :)

Osmond, Medvedeva, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Sotnikova, Panenkova, Tsurskaya, Higuchi, Chen, Kostner, Sotskova, Nagasu - will retire officially (someone at the beginning of the season - someone at the end) :rolleye:

Osmond retired officialy already, I would add Alaine Chartrand to this :drama: I hope Higuchi sticks around with a 3A!

Rika Kihira nailing her 4S, 3A+3T, 3A Free program! With her boot issues hopefully being fixed everything should be going better this season!

She changed her boots to Edea Piano so i predict nothing but GOLD for her next season! :luv17:
My other predictions:
Yuzu comes back with vengeance, get 4A, 4Z into his FS and swipes the floor with his competitors :devil: Shoma for silver, Chen for bronze, Cha in 4th, Zhou somewhere in top10
Yuzu annouces he is in for Beijing 2022 :biggrin: 3 Olympic golds as the ultimate goal!
Alysa Liu wins JGPF but Valieva wins JWorlds
Kihira lands 3A, 4S, 3A+3T in her FS which obviously results in GPF and World Golds.
Kostornaia wins silver at Worlds with a beautiful 3A, Trusova fails both quads and wins bronze, Zagitova, Scherbakova and Tursynbaeva off podium
Zagitova retires after 2020 worlds
I wonder about Medvedeva tbh, no idea if she will overcome her struggles.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Am I the only one who likes pairs at first and not affected by quad-hys(E)teria here?

Wether or not - here are my predictions

Kirsten & Mike - will improve reliability-wise and in the 4CC and Worlds will be one of the gold medal contenders
Ashley & Tim - also will continue improving and in the sesaon's end will be the Top-5 condenders (podium - maybe on 4CC).
Chinese pairs - one more FGP by Sui & Han and Chen & Yin... Big chances for podiums on FGP, 4CC and Worlds for both
Vanessa & Morgan - same as for chinese pairs

Jessica Calalang & Brian Johnson and Chelsea Liu & Ian Meyh - competing at Nationals for the spots in Team USA for 4CC and Worlds
Evelyn Walsh - Trennt Michaud - continue progressing and trying to find reliability
Justine Brasseur - Marc Bardei - compete for the third spot in Team Canada for 4CC and Worlds.

We will probaply see the raise of some european pairs like Minerva Hase - Nolan Seegert and Vivienne Contarino - Marco Pauletti.

Deanna Stellato - will find a new partner quickly and will compete at nationals with him.

Zoe Jones & Chris Boyadji - some new oldest age records will be set :)

icybear

Medalist
Judges will give Papadakis and Cizeron a new WR in each of their competition. I'm actually willing to put good money on this bet.