Next seasons predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Next seasons predictions

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
virtue and moir decide to return to compete at home worlds.... and win when Guillaume's pants get undone in the free dance ;)

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Tuktamysheva successfully lands two 3As in her free skate.

Kostornaya has the most success of the Russian juniors in her senior debut.

Sinitsyna/Katsalapov begin to put more pressure on the French

Bradie gets overtaken by either Mariah or Ting as the top US senior lady.

Zagitova retires at the end of the season (if not before).

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
virtue and moir decide to return to compete at home worlds.... and win when Guillaume's pants get undone in the free dance ;)

oh no :laugh2: :rofl2:
If this ever happens, Gui and Gabi will be using super-glue to attach their costumes to their bodies ;D

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
My predictions:

Epic gran prix season in ladies, with intense competitions and with amount of 3a and quads we've never seen before.
Either 5 Eteri girls and Rika/Liza or 4 Eteri girls, Liza and Rika making it to GPF
Eteri girls to podium at RusNat, GPF, europeans, 4cc and worlds.
Rika and Elizabeth having a showdown of 4sals and 3As at 4cc making it a mega epic event.

Yuzu taking time off the gran prix to finally properly heal his ankle and coming back strong in the second half of the season.
Nathan winning another GPF with Boyang and Mikhail making it to the podium.
Crazy 4cc and worlds, with men all having amazing skates and Yuzu having a redemption and winning worlds with a new WR.

Gui/Gabi, Sui/Han to continue to dominate their respective fields, having lights out performances and medalling at each of the events.
Morgan/Vanessa to have another amazing season and amazing performances at worlds, taking a world medal.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judging by some of the entries in the New Programs thread, I'm going to skip a whole lot of boring retread programs.

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Sasha, Anna, and Alena will all make the Grand Prix final, but only two will go to worlds.
Alina will be the third member of the Russian worlds team.
Russian ladies sweep at Euros.
Worlds podium will be two Russian girls and Rika.
Ting and Mariah will battle to be seen the US’s number one lady, Bradie will be third.
Yuzuru will miss a lot of competitions, but do very well at worlds.
Nathan will struggle or take a lighter courseload.
Shona will have a very strong season.
Gabi and Guillame will dominate again this season

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I suppose it's more of a wish list than a prediction:

Pairs:
Vanessa and Morgan finally get that World title
Wenjing Sui and Cong Han have an injury free season
Ashley and Timothy skate top 5 at Worlds
There's going to be a wonderful fight at Russian Nationals between Evghenia/Vladimir and Aleksndra and Dmitrii. Both couples will do well at Euros and Worlds.
There's also going to be a wonderful fight at Canadians, now between Kirstin and Michael vs Lubov and Charlie.

Ladies
Loena attains the GPF and medals at Euros.

Men
Another spectacular final at Worlds, this time Yuzu coming up on top, but Nathan coming close behind.
Kevin medals at Euros with another beautiful programme
Matteo now jumps two quads consistently and also medals at Euros

Ice Dance
Gaby and Guillaume continue their winnings and set records (I don't think any ID couple has won five World championships, or 6 Euros)
Another strong battle of the Madisons

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
McNamara/Carpenter will get 1-2 GP medal and make the top 3 for Nationals.
Alaine Chartrand will get in the 190's-200's for a competition.
Alexandra Trusova will win Russian Nationals, win a CS medal, win both her GP events, and win the GPF.
Rika Kihira will get a world medal.
Stephen Gogolev will get a junior world medal and win Canadian nationals.
Gilles/Poirier will win Canadian Nationals.
Gabby Daleman will win a GP medal.
Vincent Zhou will win a GP medal.

Nirti

Medalist
After an unbearable suspense, Adelina Sotnikova will finally not return to competition this year.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chock & Bates will defeat Hubbell & Donohue at least once
McNamara & Carpenter will defeat Hawayek & Baker at least once
Polina Edmunds will have a successful comeback
James & Cipres will win Worlds in Canada

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
My prediction for next season will be that it will set the tone for 2022 as it'll be mid Olympic cycle and the contenders will start showing in both junior and seniors. The ladies will be the one to watch!

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Papadakis/Cizeron will struggle in the RD
Tarasova/Morozov will win GPF
Rika Kihira and Alina Zagitova (if she does Grand Prix) will win one GP medal each
One of the ladies from the Worlds podium will debut a new quad during the season
Satoko Miyahara will not make the World team
Chock/Bates will win U.S. Nationals

Seven Sisters

Medalist
[QUOTE
Chock/Bates will win U.S. Nationals[/QUOTE]

I agree, actually. Much as I enjoy Hubbell/Donohue, I think they will continue to struggle to maintain the success they had in the Olympic year. I would not be surprised to see Chock/Bates come out ahead at Nationals, and I would also expect Carrera/Ponomarenko to be well on their way to setting themselves up as the ones to look out for heading into Beijing, by year’s end.

I expect Skate Canada to pull out all the stops with a formal celebration of Virtue/Moir’s retirement at next year’s Worlds—and it would be deliciously ironic if Weaver/Poje were to choose that occasion to deliver a performance for the ages, and to finish much higher than expected.

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
My predictions:

Nathan debuts a 6 quad;1-triple axel program and wins worlds again.

Rika Khira wins her first worlds.

Yuzuru retires after landing first quadruple axel in a Grand Prix event.

And Jason brown lands 2 quads in a long program.

rinkside_user

On the Ice
Every season is so hard to predict but some points are totally obvious like:

"3A turning senior" gets misinterpreted and 3A becomes a banned jump in the junior circuit. The 3A will only attempt and successfully land 4As in response in the senior circuit.
Hanyu introduces his brand new programs: Chopin SP and Romeo and JULIEEET FS to skate them to perfection.
The rhythm dance theme for next season changes in the last minute to Carmen.
ISU elaborates on the "technical program + artistic program setup" idea and makes plans to divide them further: technical into "warhorse" and "yawn", artistic into "W T F" and "earbleed".

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My predictions:

Nathan debuts a 6 quad;1-triple axel program and wins worlds again.

Rika Khira wins her first worlds.

Yuzuru retires after landing first quadruple axel in a Grand Prix event.

And Jason brown lands 2 quads in a long program.

I agree that Jason will land a quad in competition this year, but may struggle with the rest of the program.

moriel

Record Breaker
We will see 3 eteri girls on the podium at Worlds.
Rika will be hit by puberty.
Lyu will medal at JGPF and JW

litenkyckling

Final Flight
After seeing the praise that Oona and Gage Brown have had, one of the senior ice dance teams will have a reverse lift in one of their programmes.

My guess is that it will be a team like Smart/Diaz who a) don't have a huge height difference b) don't tend to choose programmes with an super romantic feeling to them and c) need to make a leap forward and stand out nationally in order to get the spot at worlds next year.

Also, just, please, because yay reverse lifts!