2019-20 Coaching Changes | Golden Skate

2019-20 Coaching Changes

doublequad

On the Ice
Any coaching changes happening for this upcoming season?

Last edited by a moderator:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Nope. I expect once everyone gets back from their holidays to hear a fair few changes.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Amelia Orzel (Canadian junior lady) switched from Eva Najarro at YRSA to the Cricket Club. Her coach at TCC isn't known yet. She's Conrad Orzel's younger sister. He moved from Eva at YRSA to Lee Barkell at TCC last summer.

Maria Sotskova switched from Elena Buianova to Svetlana Sokolovskaya (both are at CSKA).

Anastasia Tarakanova left Plushenko's team. She's with Svetlana Panova right now, but she's not officially accepted back there yet.

The french junior pairs team Hamon/Strekalin left their coach in France and switched to John Zimmerman in Florida.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Amelia Orzel (Canadian junior lady) switched from Eva Najarro at YRSA to the Cricket Club. Her coach at TCC isn't known yet. She's Conrad Orzel's younger sister. He moved from Eva at YRSA to Lee Barkell at TCC last summer.

Maria Sotskova switched from Elena Buianova to Svetlana Sokolovskaya (both are at CSKA).

Anastasia Tarakanova left Plushenko's team. She's with Svetlana Panova right now, but she's not officially accepted back there yet.

The french junior pairs team Hamon/Strekalin left their coach in France and switched to John Zimmerman in Florida.

probably a good choice. About Kanysheva, i don't know why, but i thought she already was with Eteri :scratch2: i'm gettin old

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

To be as precise as possible, per their Facebook announcement, they'll be moving to Florida once Cleo Hamon has completed her baccalaureate, presumably in June. :)

This actually happened in the middle of last season but went under the radar rather: Noemie and Noah Bodenstein (Swiss junior/senior and junior) switched from Lambiel to Peter Grutter (Geneva) and the Cricket Club. Neither has named which specific coach they work with in Toronto.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
To be as precise as possible, per their Facebook announcement, they'll be moving to Florida once Cleo Hamon has completed her baccalaureate, presumably in June. :)

This actually happened in the middle of last season but went under the radar rather: Noemie and Noah Bodenstein (Swiss junior/senior and junior) switched from Lambiel to Peter Grutter (Geneva) and the Cricket Club. Neither has named which specific coach they work with in Toronto.

I thought they were already working with TCC before last season, at least in the summers. I know they were there last summer anyways, not sure about before.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought they were already working with TCC before last season, at least in the summers. I know they were there last summer anyways, not sure about before.

They did summer training there for two or three years, like a lot of other skaters do, but they weren't actually members of Team Cricket at that point. They are now. The changeover happened in October 2018 or thereabouts.

sisy

Rinkside
Yana Liventseva from Buianova to Eteri (not eligible for 2022 , there are records with her trying 3A on the floor)

slotka

Rinkside
Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov from Maxim Trankov to Marina Zueva (Nina Mozer will fly sometimes in USA)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov from Maxim Trankov to Marina Zueva (Nina Mozer will fly sometimes in USA)

This is really interesting. Marina is probably better equipped to help them expand their style in a way that suits them, but it's good that they'll still have Nina's input.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes. Evgenia said they move to Florida

Oh wow! That's a huge move for them! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

I'm pretty sure Marina cheorographed some of Gordeeva/Grinkov's programs that are so loved. I hope she can make them shine! :biggrin: (for the majority, I mean, T/M already shine to me :p ;) )

Bit sad it didn't work out with Maxim T, I like him.

Iā€™m sure Marina will give them good choreo, but what about technique?:(

Well T/M already have the best technique, perhaps that's why Mozer will visit every do often, give them a tune up.

slotka

Rinkside
Oh wow! That's a huge move for them! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

I'm pretty sure Marina cheorographed some of Gordeeva/Grinkov's programs that are so loved. I hope she can make them shine! :biggrin: (for the majority, I mean, T/M already shine to me :p ;) )

Well T/M already have the best technique, perhaps that's why Mozer will visit every do often, give them a tune up.

We donā€™t know how often Mozer (and Trankov, according to Evgeniaā€™s words) will visit T/M in Florida. They had some troubles this season and didnā€™t skate clean. Wondering what we will see with less ā€œtechnique-timeā€..

1904sk8

On the Ice
They said that they will still be working with him. An excerpt from an interview: "We didn't part our way with Maxim [Trankov], he stays with us and will come to America from time to time. He will be a part of our team"

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Gogolev from Brian/Barkell to Raf confirmed?

AFAIK, is not confirmed by the parties that Gogo has left Lee Barkell, for Raf or anyone else.

Stephan had already left Brian mid-season for Lee as his primary, although both coaches were at TCC. So he would not be leaving Brian/Lee, but just Lee.