2019-20 Team China | Golden Skate

2019-20 Team China

yqs100

On the Ice
Last season was a bit dramatic for team china. Glad it was ended with a high note.

For team China's new season, what do you expect to see?

News:
Sui/Han again worked with Lori for their new program choreograph. Will they keep the long program?
Yu/Zhang are working with Benoit on their new program. Will they come back to compete?

Xiangning Li is back to Ladies, and training in CA, hope she can stay healthy and happy
Junior men continue training with RA

Any news you have?

chanchan

On the Ice
Han Yan will come back next season. He posted a video that he jumped 4T on weibo last month.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yu/Zhang working with Benoit could be really interesting - I'm really curious to see what they come up with.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Last season was a bit dramatic for team china. Glad it was ended with a high note.

For team China's new season, what do you expect to see?

News:
Sui/Han again worked with Lori for their new program choreograph. Will they keep the long program?
Yu/Zhang are working with Benoit on their new program. Will they come back to compete?

Xiangning Li is back to Ladies, and training in CA, hope she can stay healthy and happy
Junior men continue training with RA

Any news you have?

Is Yu&Zhang making a new fp, or they are just retouching the choreo? I thought they had a glorious sp with a lit outfit last season and in the interview they said that they never practiced their fs (or did they said that they don’t have a new fp?).. watching her insta pic, Yu Xiaoyu seems to already have a dress for the fp so it’s interesting.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker

Can she get an invite to the GP? I think she was more promising than Hongyi?
If anyone has any news on on the pair Wang/Wang, I'd like to hear how they're doing...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Can she get an invite to the GP? I think she was more promising than Hongyi?
If anyone has any news on on the pair Wang/Wang, I'd like to hear how they're doing...

I think Luca Lanotte is in China doing choreo for them, based on his IG stories.

yqs100

On the Ice
brian, Tracy and Jason are with Shen/zhao’s team this week, all the skaters (including pairs, men, ladies. Sui/Han) are in this one-week summer camp. Dunno why Jin boyang is not there...

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Wang & Wang have their chero by Ekaterina Ryazanova and Luca Lanotte.
Xuehan also posted a Foward-Outside death spiral on her ins.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
brian, Tracy and Jason are with Shen/zhao’s team this week, all the skaters (including pairs, men, ladies. Sui/Han) are in this one-week summer camp. Dunno why Jin boyang is not there...

Boyang was found with Jason later in a shopping mall alone side Yang Jin. The mall is close to the training camp of the pairs team but not close to Boyang's training rink. They were together at an ice show in Korea.
So i think Boyang was also there just not in the photos.

icybear

Medalist
Is there going to be an ice show in China? There hasnt been one since 2016. Boyang has performed 3 overseas show in total and only 1 in China.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m wondering which senior ladies will be sent to 2019 Cup of China. In preparation of the 2022 Olympics, the Chinese federation need to start showing off their talent. Maybe the “big guns” aren’t senior eligible yet?

GarthAqua

On the Ice
I’m wondering which senior ladies will be sent to 2019 Cup of China. In preparation of the 2022 Olympics, the Chinese federation need to start showing off their talent. Maybe the “big guns” aren’t senior eligible yet?

Currently only several girls are old enough to be at COC.

Hongyi Chen will be there as she is the only senior girl this season.

Ziquan Zhao competed in Winter Universiade so she is planning to be back.

Xiangning Li is also planning to be back in singles.

Yixuan Zhang who competed in JGP in 17-18 season have also upgrade her skills and are training with 3A.

Yi Zhu (Beverly Zhu) have already competed for China in juniors this season so not sure will she be in seniors next season.

Also there's rumors about Ashley Lin will represent China but not confirmed yet.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Also there's rumors about Ashley Lin will represent China but not confirmed yet.

Ashley Lin will have to wait a year at least from her last intl competition, before she can compete for China (ISU rules). Not sure if it was the last one, but she competed mid- November at the CS Inge Solar. Cup of China 2019 is less than a year from this, so she can't compete there in the coming season. A separate issue, but the USA could also refuse to release her, which could delay her ability to represent another country. I do note that she is not listed in the US' International Selection Pool, which may signal her intent to make the jump.

Moaray

Rinkside
there is a rumour saying that Xie and Gao split again, the possible new partner for Xie could be Zheng Lu