Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 249

Thread: 2019-20 Team China

  1. #61
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    137

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    Yi Christy Leung competes for Hong-Kong. Can she get the GP spots of China?
    My bad, and I meant to put a question mark at the end of the last sentence

    Yi competed at the nationals, so I took for granted that the Chinese fed would give her a spot

  2. #62
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    27

    0 Not allowed!
    Lu Chen is now leading some ice dancers training in Christopher Dean's Ice rink.
    Based on the Social media, Chinese Fed is now trying to let their girls pair up with some foreign ice dancers from Russia and Belarus

  3. #63
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    27

    0 Not allowed!
    based on the sources,
    Song Linshu(former partner, Sun Zhuomin) gonna pair up with Alexander Prachanov( from Russia).
    Feng Yuhan (former partner, Jiao Minyang) will pair up with Ilya Yuhikmuk (from Belarus).

  4. #64
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    944
    Country: Nepal

    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, it would be the first time we see non-chinese skaters representing China! And at least 7 senior ice dance teams?

  5. #65
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    137

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaray View Post
    based on the sources,
    Song Linshu(former partner, Sun Zhuomin) gonna pair up with Alexander Prachanov( from Russia).
    Feng Yuhan (former partner, Jiao Minyang) will pair up with Ilya Yuhikmuk (from Belarus).

    Wow, wait, do they communicate in russian or chinese?

  6. #66
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,735

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaray View Post
    based on the sources,
    Song Linshu(former partner, Sun Zhuomin) gonna pair up with Alexander Prachanov( from Russia).
    Feng Yuhan (former partner, Jiao Minyang) will pair up with Ilya Yuhikmuk (from Belarus).
    Thank you for the information. The only one I recall seeing is Linshu Song. Can you tell us anything about the other three athletes? I see that Yuhan Feng was 6th at 2018 Chinese Nationals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Wow, it would be the first time we see non-chinese skaters representing China! And at least 7 senior ice dance teams?
    If we see them representing China. China does not so easily send out its pair & dance teams, and neither of these guys are at the level that they have ISU bios? (Or does the spelling above not match & am I missing finding them?) Interesting, though. I am glad to hear about the effort to further develop the Chinese ice dance program.

  7. #67
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,735

    0 Not allowed!
    Update: I found Prachnov. (His first name is spelled Alexandr on the ISU bio I found for him). 7th in juniors at 2014 NRW Trophy.

  8. #68
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    27

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Thank you for the information. The only one I recall seeing is Linshu Song. Can you tell us anything about the other three athletes? I see that Yuhan Feng was 6th at 2018 Chinese Nationals.



    If we see them representing China. China does not so easily send out its pair & dance teams, and neither of these guys are at the level that they have ISU bios? (Or does the spelling above not match & am I missing finding them?) Interesting, though. I am glad to hear about the effort to further develop the Chinese ice dance program.
    Ilya Yukhimuk has competed in the US before, and he ranked 4th in junior in 2017 midwestern sectional,

    https://www.ice-dance.com/site/resul...championships/

    There is an only video I have found on youtube

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuVp5b_2KRo

    As for Feng Yuhan, She was relatively mediocre among the Chinese Ice dancers in terms of the scores and barely got the chance to compete overseas, so she is not that famous like other Chinese female Ice dancers like Chen Hong, Song Linshu, and Wang Shiyue who consistently represent China to compete overseas

  9. #69
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,733

    0 Not allowed!
    English is more likely. I remember Lu Chen speaking English to her husband, also the Russian/Italian ice dance coach to the top ice dance team of China. It would be easier on both sides of the partners
    Quote Originally Posted by Ykai View Post
    Wow, wait, do they communicate in russian or chinese?

  10. #70
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,735

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaray View Post
    Ilya Yukhimuk has competed in the US before, and he ranked 4th in junior in 2017 midwestern sectional,

    https://www.ice-dance.com/site/resul...championships/

    There is an only video I have found on youtube

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuVp5b_2KRo
    Thank you for the info.

  11. #71
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    137

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    English is more likely. I remember Lu Chen speaking English to her husband, also the Russian/Italian ice dance coach to the top ice dance team of China. It would be easier on both sides of the partners
    Thank you for the info, and that's very reasonable. Although I don't watch dances, I hope the Chinese dance teams improve significantly in the new season!

  12. #72
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    135

    4 Not allowed!
    According to Nini's fan club, four naturalized girls will attend the inter-club competition next month. First competition will be held in Hailar District, inner Mongolia, 11th, July.
    The girls are Yi (Beverley) ZHU (朱易), Ashley LIN(林珊), Angel Li (李安其) and Emily ZHANG.
    Angel Li (李安其) is training in shanghai century star club.
    The other girls are training in America.

  13. #73
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    135

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthAqua View Post
    According to Nini's fan club, four naturalized girls will attend the inter-club competition next month. First competition will be held in Hailar District, inner Mongolia, 11th, July.
    The girls are Yi (Beverley) ZHU (朱易), Ashley LIN(林珊), Angel Li (李安其) and Emily ZHANG.
    Angel Li (李安其) is training in shanghai century star club.
    The other girls are training in America.
    Xiangning LI is back in singles. Han YAN and Boyang JIN will also be there as well as Yi WANG.

  14. #74
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    944
    Country: Nepal

    0 Not allowed!
    Team China 2019 looks really stronger than Team China 2018!
    Ashley Lin represented USA at Nebelhorn 2018 where she scored 181 points. So she'll be eligible after october.
    Emily Zhang only took part at US national competitions so she already can represent another country internationally.
    Angel Li skated at an Asian regional event where she scored 139 points last season. I can't find how old she is?

  15. #75
    GS Supporter SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,010
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Team China 2019 looks really stronger than Team China 2018!
    Ashley Lin represented USA at Nebelhorn 2018 where she scored 181 points. So she'll be eligible after october.
    Emily Zhang only took part at US national competitions so she already can represent another country internationally.
    Angel Li skated at an Asian regional event where she scored 139 points last season. I can't find how old she is?
    She also did the Inge Solar CS event, so she'll only be eligible in late November.

  16. #76
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    944
    Country: Nepal

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    She also did the Inge Solar CS event, so she'll only be eligible in late November.
    Oh, I thought all the competitions were registered on Stats on Ice
    So Ashley can't be selected to the Cup of China...

  17. #77
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    135

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Oh, I thought all the competitions were registered on Stats on Ice
    So Ashley can't be selected to the Cup of China...
    At least 4CC is always a choice.

  18. #78
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    27

    1 Not allowed!
    Zhong Xie's new partner is confirmed, it will be Chelsea Liu(former partner: Brain Johnson, Ian Meyh), another naturalized girl from the states.
    They will compete in the inter-club competition of China next month.

  19. #79
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,735

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaray View Post
    Zhong Xie's new partner is confirmed, it will be Chelsea Liu(former partner: Brain Johnson, Ian Meyh), another naturalized girl from the states.
    They will compete in the inter-club competition of China next month.
    Wheee! Oh, thank goodness she will still be skating!

  20. #80
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,456
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    She also did the Inge Solar CS event, so she'll only be eligible in late November.
    Which Emily Zhang? There were 2 really good ones from the East, both about the same age. One was out of Richmond, VA and the second was out of the New England, NY/NJ area.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •