2019-20 Team China | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Team China

Ykai

On the Ice
Yi Christy Leung competes for Hong-Kong. Can she get the GP spots of China?

My bad, and I meant to put a question mark at the end of the last sentence :eek:: :slink:

Yi competed at the nationals, so I took for granted that the Chinese fed would give her a spot :biggrin:

Moaray

Rinkside
Lu Chen is now leading some ice dancers training in Christopher Dean's Ice rink.
Based on the Social media, Chinese Fed is now trying to let their girls pair up with some foreign ice dancers from Russia and Belarus

Moaray

Rinkside
based on the sources,
Song Linshu(former partner, Sun Zhuomin) gonna pair up with Alexander Prachanov( from Russia).
Feng Yuhan (former partner, Jiao Minyang) will pair up with Ilya Yuhikmuk (from Belarus).

Nirti

Medalist
Wow, it would be the first time we see non-chinese skaters representing China! And at least 7 senior ice dance teams?

Ykai

On the Ice
based on the sources,
Song Linshu(former partner, Sun Zhuomin) gonna pair up with Alexander Prachanov( from Russia).
Feng Yuhan (former partner, Jiao Minyang) will pair up with Ilya Yuhikmuk (from Belarus).

Wow, wait, do they communicate in russian or chinese?:scratch2:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
based on the sources,

Thank you for the information. The only one I recall seeing is Linshu Song. Can you tell us anything about the other three athletes? I see that Yuhan Feng was 6th at 2018 Chinese Nationals.

Wow, it would be the first time we see non-chinese skaters representing China! And at least 7 senior ice dance teams?

If we see them representing China. China does not so easily send out its pair & dance teams, and neither of these guys are at the level that they have ISU bios? (Or does the spelling above not match & am I missing finding them?) Interesting, though. I am glad to hear about the effort to further develop the Chinese ice dance program.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Update: I found Prachnov. (His first name is spelled Alexandr on the ISU bio I found for him). 7th in juniors at 2014 NRW Trophy.

Moaray

Rinkside
Thank you for the information. The only one I recall seeing is Linshu Song. Can you tell us anything about the other three athletes? I see that Yuhan Feng was 6th at 2018 Chinese Nationals.

If we see them representing China. China does not so easily send out its pair & dance teams, and neither of these guys are at the level that they have ISU bios? (Or does the spelling above not match & am I missing finding them?) Interesting, though. I am glad to hear about the effort to further develop the Chinese ice dance program.

Ilya Yukhimuk has competed in the US before, and he ranked 4th in junior in 2017 midwestern sectional,

https://www.ice-dance.com/site/results-2017-midwestern-sectional-championships/

There is an only video I have found on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuVp5b_2KRo

As for Feng Yuhan, She was relatively mediocre among the Chinese Ice dancers in terms of the scores and barely got the chance to compete overseas, so she is not that famous like other Chinese female Ice dancers like Chen Hong, Song Linshu, and Wang Shiyue who consistently represent China to compete overseas

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
English is more likely. I remember Lu Chen speaking English to her husband, also the Russian/Italian ice dance coach to the top ice dance team of China. It would be easier on both sides of the partners
Wow, wait, do they communicate in russian or chinese?:scratch2:

Ykai

On the Ice
English is more likely. I remember Lu Chen speaking English to her husband, also the Russian/Italian ice dance coach to the top ice dance team of China. It would be easier on both sides of the partners

Thank you for the info, and that's very reasonable. Although I don't watch dances, I hope the Chinese dance teams improve significantly in the new season!

GarthAqua

On the Ice
According to Nini's fan club, four naturalized girls will attend the inter-club competition next month. First competition will be held in Hailar District, inner Mongolia, 11th, July.
The girls are Yi (Beverley) ZHU (朱易), Ashley LIN(林珊), Angel Li (李安其) and Emily ZHANG.
Angel Li (李安其) is training in shanghai century star club.
The other girls are training in America.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
According to Nini's fan club, four naturalized girls will attend the inter-club competition next month. First competition will be held in Hailar District, inner Mongolia, 11th, July.
The girls are Yi (Beverley) ZHU (朱易), Ashley LIN(林珊), Angel Li (李安其) and Emily ZHANG.
Angel Li (李安其) is training in shanghai century star club.
The other girls are training in America.

Xiangning LI is back in singles. Han YAN and Boyang JIN will also be there as well as Yi WANG.

Nirti

Medalist
Team China 2019 looks really stronger than Team China 2018!
Ashley Lin represented USA at Nebelhorn 2018 where she scored 181 points. So she'll be eligible after october.
Emily Zhang only took part at US national competitions so she already can represent another country internationally.
Angel Li skated at an Asian regional event where she scored 139 points last season. I can't find how old she is?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Team China 2019 looks really stronger than Team China 2018!
Ashley Lin represented USA at Nebelhorn 2018 where she scored 181 points. So she'll be eligible after october.
Emily Zhang only took part at US national competitions so she already can represent another country internationally.
Angel Li skated at an Asian regional event where she scored 139 points last season. I can't find how old she is?

She also did the Inge Solar CS event, so she'll only be eligible in late November.

Moaray

Rinkside
Zhong Xie's new partner is confirmed, it will be Chelsea Liu(former partner: Brain Johnson, Ian Meyh), another naturalized girl from the states.
They will compete in the inter-club competition of China next month.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Zhong Xie's new partner is confirmed, it will be Chelsea Liu(former partner: Brain Johnson, Ian Meyh), another naturalized girl from the states.
They will compete in the inter-club competition of China next month.

Wheee! Oh, thank goodness she will still be skating!

concorde

Medalist
She also did the Inge Solar CS event, so she'll only be eligible in late November.
Which Emily Zhang? There were 2 really good ones from the East, both about the same age. One was out of Richmond, VA and the second was out of the New England, NY/NJ area.