2019-20 Team China | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Team China

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Which Emily Zhang? There were 2 really good ones from the East, both about the same age. One was out of Richmond, VA and the second was out of the New England, NY/NJ area.

I was talking about Ashley Lin.

Nirti

Medalist
Indeed, in 2019 Emily Zhang (born 2003/09) ranked #6 at the US junior champs and Emily Zhang (born 2005/01) ranked #9 at the US novice champs. Both didn't compete internationally this season...

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
According to Nini's fan club, four naturalized girls will attend the inter-club competition next month. First competition will be held in Hailar District, inner Mongolia, 11th, July.
The girls are Yi (Beverley) ZHU (朱易), Ashley LIN(林珊), Angel Li (李安其) and Emily ZHANG.
Angel Li (李安其) is training in shanghai century star club.
The other girls are training in America.

Are the girls training in China for the summer? One of them goes to my local rink, and I find it strange bc they have good summer programs for elite skaters.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Which Emily Zhang? There were 2 really good ones from the East, both about the same age. One was out of Richmond, VA and the second was out of the New England, NY/NJ area.

Xiangyi's fan club posted a video of Emily last year and said she might be representing China. In that video the announcer said she represents Richmond Figure Skating Club. So she is the girl ranked #6 in US JR nationals.

concorde

Medalist
Xiangyi's fan club posted a video of Emily last year and said she might be representing China. In that video the announcer said she represents Richmond Figure Skating Club. So she is the girl ranked #6 in US JR nationals.
Thank you!

She typically competes in the Chesapeake Open. If so, wonder if she will represent Richmond FSC or Team China. Guess we will know by the end of the week.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I don't care for anything Benoit has done so I'm not particularly thrilled with about 40% of the announcements thus far.

icybear

Medalist
Honestly anybody but Lori is fine by me. Most of her work are so uninspired and lacks any details. I dont really know if there are a lot of good choreographers to choose from. David Wilson programs are kinda boring. Maybe they should have tried Misha Ge. It would be easier for Misha to help Boyang on the specific details of choreo as he knows Chinese.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Honestly anybody but Lori is fine by me. Most of her work are so uninspired and lacks any details. I dont really know if there are a lot of good choreographers to choose from. David Wilson programs are kinda boring. Maybe they should have tried Misha Ge. It would be easier for Misha to help Boyang on the specific details of choreo as he knows Chinese.

I'm not particularly impressed by Mishe Ge's work with other Chinese skaters, like Hongyi Chen's and Wang/Wang's SP and FS last season.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's going on with Yu/Zhang?

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Does anyone know what's going on with Yu/Zhang?

They will appear in a inter-club competition next month but we really don't know anything. They were 4th in 17WC so they should be able to get two spots according to the comeback rule.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They will appear in a inter-club competition next month but we really don't know anything. They were 4th in 17WC so they should be able to get two spots according to the comeback rule.

They don't have any spots currently. They could get the host TBD spot, but I think maybe they weren't submitted or they would already have at least 1 spot.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Does anyone know anything about the Chinese ladies competing this season on the senior GP? Are they promising skaters? Do they have a chance at the top 5?

Nirti

Medalist
Hongyi Chen has a PB of 165 points, so a top5 at Cup of Russia is unlikely, but not impossible if she improved during the summer. At Cup of China it will be more complicated.
Yi Zhu's PB (junior) is 135 points... But she was injured most of the season.

concorde

Medalist
FWIW. Richmond Emily Zhang is skating this weekend at the Chesapeake Open. Other skaters are listed as representing different federdations so I am now questioning if this is the Emily representing is Team China.

Maybe the NY Emily Zhang?

GarthAqua

On the Ice
FWIW. Richmond Emily Zhang is skating this weekend at the Chesapeake Open. Other skaters are listed as representing different federdations so I am now questioning if this is the Emily representing is Team China.

Maybe the NY Emily Zhang?

Well, let's wait until next month. She will be in the inter-club competition so we will get videos. The federation says there will be live coverage online so we can have some good videos.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

Sylvia says it's this one.