2019-20 Team China | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Team China

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Is An Xiangyi going to be at the interclub competition too?

Yes. All the promising girls except Hongyi Chen will appear in the first competition. The first and fifth competitions are the qualification for the next national games so everybody will be there. In fact, the first competition has over 450 contenders (including elite and amateur skaters) so they have to give it another day to finish the competition.

Hongyi injured herself at the end of April so she need time to recover. She will be at the fifth competition.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Ahhhh i finally looked at the roster for the interclub competition! I'm so excited!

We are going to see little Shen Xue and little Chen Lu! :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:

I'm so late this lmao :slink:

icybear

Medalist
Another Orser camp this week and yet again Boyang not in sight again. I don't why they are wasting so much money flying in his team along with his skaters only to work on a bunch of random kids where most of them probably haven't even got their double jumps. Why is he not attending these classes? Such a waste of money

icybear

Medalist
He was in the photo that Jason posted with Orser's athletes on the Great Wall.

Yeah but he was not present in the group pics posted by one of TCC skaters during the camp. https://www.instagram.com/p/BzP6CPSpYzf/Also he has never been in any of the pictures of the camp from previous weeks not even in the official photos from photographers. Unless he is going into great lengths in avoiding being in the photos it is likely he did not attend the camp

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Ahhhh i finally looked at the roster for the interclub competition! I'm so excited!

We are going to see little Shen Xue and little Chen Lu! :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:

I'm so late this lmao :slink:

Wait... I did not know this. Their kids are already old enough to participate in competitions? :O

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Wait... I did not know this. Their kids are already old enough to participate in competitions? :O

The inter-club competition has a lot of different groups even for amateur skaters. There's a group called family on-ice drama.

Little Shen Xue is about 5 years old and she will be in 幼儿低龄组 in amateur section which might be similar to Juvenile group. she competed in the same event last year. The program had no technical component.
Lu Chen's daughter is called Anastasia Petrova and she will be in the 少儿高龄组 in elite section which is similar to Advanced Intermediate A or Advanced Intermediate A. She is 10 now and she can do all the doubles except 2A.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Can someone please fill me in? What is this interclub competition and who will be there?

It's a series of competition organized by CSF. In China, a lot of skater used to skate for national or provincial sports teams but nowadays many young skaters skate for clubs. The competition is aimed to give more chance to young skaters. Also amateur skaters also have their stages so more people will get to know and participate in figure skating.

According to the entry list, all the promising skaters will be there except Sui/Han and Peng/Jin. Even Boyang and Han Yan will be there so that's pretty exciting.

yqs100

On the Ice
Accordingly to Sui's weibo.

Sui/Han are working on 3T+3T.
They were training with Raf in CA for one month to improve the jump technics.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Accordingly to Sui's weibo.

Sui/Han are working on 3T+3T.
They were training with Raf in CA for one month to improve the jump technics.

Oh, they are really going for it. Kudos to them trying to push themselves on the sbs jumps as well. Hope she stays injury-free, obviously.

Midnightcass

On the Ice

Here are some videos of little Shen Xue when she participated in the club league last year. I think Zhao Hongbo said that at that time, she had only 6 months of figure skating lessons.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25986064/?p=5

Chen Lu has a lot of videos on her instagram about Anastasia. Here's a video where she was in the Asian Junior Open in Beijing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=838GJV76NhQ

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Why isn’t former US skater Beverly Zhu (sp?) competing on the GP this season? Is she not old enough? Sorry, I’m just anxious for China to have some top ladies. This year doesn’t look too good.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Why isn’t former US skater Beverly Zhu (sp?) competing on the GP this season?

I think she may actually be invited to Cup of China, though I don't know what she has done to earn it yet so if it's not her, I would not be surprised either. There is a Yi Zhu on the list, and I remember reading that Beverly was using a Chinese version of her name at some point.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Today's SP:
Ladies:
An Xiangyi: 3Lz 2A || 3T3T, clean, 1 bonus point for 33 combination, 41.17+30.44=71.61, all level 4 spins and step, huge GOE (>1 for every element)
Zhu Yi (Beverley Zhu): 3F2T 3Lo || 2A, clean, 32.23+26.44=58.67, PCS is a little bit low
Ashley Lin: 2A 3T3T || 1F, pop her single jump, 1 bonus point, 29.99+26.24=56.23, sp started with LSp, 2A was huge.
Li Xiangning: 3T 3S2T || 2A, god her jumps are gone, 27.30+25.52=52.82
Yi christy Leung: 3Lz2T, 3F fall || 2A, not her day, 51.57

Men:
Jin Boyang: 4T 3A || 3Lz3T, lower difficulty for him but clean, 54.66+45.40=100.06
Yan Han: 3A 3F3T || 3Lz, clean, welcome back, 90.29

Pairs:
Tang/Yang: 67+, sbs 3T
Wang/Wang: 58+, 2T
Liu/Xie: 54+

closer videos and scoring details should be released later.

GarthAqua

On the Ice

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Today's SP:
Ladies:
An Xiangyi: 3Lz 2A || 3T3T, clean, 1 bonus point for 33 combination, 41.17+30.44=71.61, all level 4 spins and step, huge GOE (>1 for every element)
Zhu Yi (Beverley Zhu): 3F2T 3Lo || 2A, clean, 32.23+26.44=58.67, PCS is a little bit low
Ashley Lin: 2A 3T3T || 1F, pop her single jump, 1 bonus point, 29.99+26.24=56.23, sp started with LSp, 2A was huge.
Li Xiangning: 3T 3S2T || 2A, god her jumps are gone, 27.30+25.52=52.82
Yi christy Leung: 3Lz2T, 3F fall || 2A, not her day, 51.57

closer videos and scoring details should be released later.

An Xiangyi's SP: https://weibo.com/6361703010/HDkII1238

Her jumps are getting bigger and the skating skills are really improving.
She is also practicing 3A in her training but lacking the last 90 degrees.

Zhu Yi's SP: https://weibo.com/6361703010/HDkNkDo5P?type=comment
3Lo was beautiful!! Just hope she can put 3Lo3T or 3F3T in her program to up the technical part.