Alternating mohawk/crossover sequence (LTS Freeskate 3) | Golden Skate

Alternating mohawk/crossover sequence (LTS Freeskate 3)

sarahspiral

Rinkside
Hi. I am having a hard time finding any good videos or any written explanations to describe the alternating mohawk/crossover sequence that is in Freeskate 3. I thought I had the pattern correct but in class my teacher told me that it was wrong and it's hard for me to remember the sequence that she showed me. Normally I can find a video on You Tube to help me when I can't remember how to do something but I'm having a hard time finding any. So if any of you know of either a good video or if you've seen an written explanation of this online, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Thank You!

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was hoping to help you by digging around for an explanation or video but you are right - couldn't find one. I've never taught that level so I don't know what it is either.

That said - It's possible that it is the same to a mohawk sequence that is done in a low level Moves in the Field test.
If (big IF here) it is, there are plenty of videos with Moves in the Field; we'd just have to know which test it is.

If you have a smartphone then ask the coach to video you or another skater doing the sequence properly so you can review it. Or video her instructing it if she will let you.

There are other LTS coaches on this forum and hopefully one will know what the sequence is and how to help you.

mskater93

Record Breaker
It is not the 5 step Mohawk from Bronze moves. It is quite literally Mohawk ccw, cross front, step forward, Mohawk cw, cross front, repeat

sarahspiral

Rinkside
I was hoping to help you by digging around for an explanation or video but you are right - couldn't find one. I've never taught that level so I don't know what it is either.

That said - It's possible that it is the same to a mohawk sequence that is done in a low level Moves in the Field test.
If (big IF here) it is, there are plenty of videos with Moves in the Field; we'd just have to know which test it is.

If you have a smartphone then ask the coach to video you or another skater doing the sequence properly so you can review it. Or video her instructing it if she will let you.

There are other LTS coaches on this forum and hopefully one will know what the sequence is and how to help you.

Thank you so much for looking! Yes, I need to video the teacher, that's a good idea!

sarahspiral

Rinkside
It is not the 5 step Mohawk from Bronze moves. It is quite literally Mohawk ccw, cross front, step forward, Mohawk cw, cross front, repeat

Yes, I remembered there weren't many steps to it so it should be pretty easy but my coach said I was turning all the way around for the next Mohawk but it seems like I'd have to turn some otherwise I'd be doing a back Mohawk...if there is such a thing and if there is I've never learned how to do that. Thank You for writing out the steps for me!

sarahspiral

Rinkside
If this is the sequence you are referring to, this video is excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERCndp6crXc

Yes, I found that video before and it looked like he probably skated the sequence correctly but at the end of the video someone says, "that's not it!" I don't know if they were joking or what....but if he had done it wrong I don't think they would've posted the video. Thank You for finding this!

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Yes, I found that video before and it looked like he probably skated the sequence correctly but at the end of the video someone says, "that's not it!" I don't know if they were joking or what....but if he had done it wrong I don't think they would've posted the video. Thank You for finding this!

Haha, yes it's a confusing comment, but she was joking about the little jump he did at the end which is not part of the mohawk sequence itself. He has been coaching for over 20 years :)