Russia's Andrei Lazukin skates out of the shadows | Golden Skate

Russia's Andrei Lazukin skates out of the shadows

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adrei Lazukin tweet.png

Following World Team Trophy, Lazukin went back to St. Petersburg with his teammates from the same training group, Sofia Samodurova and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (his girlfriend). They're scheduled for a training camp in Estonia in the beginning of May before going on vacation right after that. Tuktamysheva and Lazukin are headed to Cyprus for their vacation. After that, they'll continue their preparation for the upcoming season in various training camps in Europe and also in Florida this summer.

More...

He's planning a quad Lutz for next year. What are your thoughts on his overall performances this season?

Orlov

Medalist
Poor Lazukin, even here on GS they are clarifying, that Tuktamysheva his girlfriend :laugh: In our Russian fan community, this has simply become the meme "Tuktamysheva's boyfriend":biggrin:

Q: - I liked your phrase “I don’t want to be remembered only as Tuktamyshev’s boyfriend.” Do you think you can do it ?
A: - I hope so.
Q: - Where did this "boyfriend" come from? Did it come up with the media or was it your couple's idea?
A: - No, we did not invent it. I don’t like this word at all. I don't know where it came from. Just started to appear headlines in the media.
Q: - And what strained more: these endless headlines or just such an association?
A: - Strained the fact that the headlines do not have my name at all. In life, I am a member of the Russian national team, and in the texts - Tuktamysheva's boyfriend.

from here

photography fact: Alexei Mishin announces at the WC the return Lazukin his name :biggrin:

Tatjana

On the Ice
Poor Lazukin, even here on GS they are clarifying, that Tuktamysheva his girlfriend :laugh: In our Russian fan community, this has simply become the meme "Tuktamysheva's boyfriend":biggrin:

Q: - I liked your phrase “I don’t want to be remembered only as Tuktamyshev’s boyfriend.” Do you think you can do it ?
A: - I hope so.
Q: - Where did this "boyfriend" come from? Did it come up with the media or was it your couple's idea?
A: - No, we did not invent it. I don’t like this word at all. I don't know where it came from. Just started to appear headlines in the media.
Q: - And what strained more: these endless headlines or just such an association?
A: - Strained the fact that the headlines do not have my name at all. In life, I am a member of the Russian national team, and in the texts - Tuktamysheva's boyfriend.

from here

photography facts: Alexei Mishin announces at the WC the return Lazukin his name :biggrin:

Come on, he knows that he is in her shadow and of course you have to mention the fluff that Lisa is his girl friend when writing about him.. ;-) However, we didn't put that in the lead and it comes only later in the story. :)
Actually, Andrei was very funny - much more so than I expected. :-D

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
He seems rather sympathetic. I rather like his attitude. Of course he's Lisa's boyfriend. Why is it perfectly acceptable to be considered someone's girlfriend, but when it's the other way round it's 'poor Lazukin'. What nonsense. I'm really happy for him he came into his own this season while remaining ernormously proud of his girlfriend. I'm rooting for both of them next season!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Great interview!

I really like Andrei, or as Liza calls him LazuKING :) and I'm super happy for him having a great season - he even went to Worlds!

I'm looking forward to his programs next year having enjoyed the ones from the previous season (you could say he put a Spell on me ;) )

Also great attitude to the dissenters, Andrei! Keep skating on and I hope he gets that Quad Lutz!

I really love an underdog story! And his story is great. He was an alternate for Worlds and WTT that ended up being sent. And he did really good! A top 10 finish is nothing to scoff at. And he did help the team at WTT since unfortunately Samarin did not have his best skates.

Orlov

Medalist
Of course he's Lisa's boyfriend. Why is it perfectly acceptable to be considered someone's girlfriend, but when it's the other way round it's 'poor Lazukin'. What nonsense. I

Don't be so serious. I was just joking. In our media, in the headlines very often wrote about Andrew like "Tuktamysheva's boyfriend will replace Kolyada." As for me it was very disrespectful (and speaks about the level of our media) and in the Russian fandom this has already become a meme. Of course, in this interview it's not like that.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Don't be so serious. I was just joking. In our media, in the headlines very often wrote about Andrew like "Tuktamysheva's boyfriend will replace Kolyada." As for me it was very disrespectful (and speaks about the level of our media) and in the Russian fandom this has already become a meme. Of course, in this interview it's not like that.

I should have guessed you were joking. X

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
This was his best season yet by far, hopefully he can build from here, and he has the chance considering most likely they'll give him 2 spots at the GP again.

In the past he's had issues skating clean free programs, i think stamina was one of his weaknesses, maybe more competitions helped him to get in shape. It's good he's focusing on consistency given how messy are the other russian boys.

The fact that he's planning to work on 4 Lutz is interesting, cause he has landed 4 Loop in the past, you'd think that's the next one.

https://youtu.be/gdHk7d_wCZY?t=24

I hope his teammate Alexander Petrov also has a chance of redemption next season.