Things you’re looking forward to in the season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Things you’re looking forward to in the season?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Piper and Paul and the Broadway theme! A match made in heaven :yahoo:

Mishina/Gallyamov and Boikova/Kozlovski shining on the Pairs stage.

Rostelecom - and another trip to Moscow hopefully! :gclap:

Most of all: Seeing Fedor Klimov loads of times in the KnC!!!:love:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Nathan and Shoma's new programs

Alysa on the JGP

If Alina can stay at the top of the ladies field

3A as seniors

Rika's possible quads

Triple axels from the ladies - Rika, Liza, and possibly also Elizabet, Satoko, Kaori, and the 3A

Broadway/Musical Theater RD (hope everyone doesn't choose the same music)

katymay

Medalist
What are you guys looking forward to finding out during this season? I’m really excited to see how the 3A fare out and to see Wakaba coming back!!

I'm looking forward to the debut of 3A, and the new juniors, including Alysa Liu.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Men:
Tomoki/Camden/Alex: These three took very separate paths. One is the newly minted junior world champion, while the other two finished disappointingly. How will they fare in Seniors, and will they be gunning for Jason's #3 spot?
Jason: Without a quad, Jason's already near his score ceiling and that US #3 (let alone #2) spot is looking more precarious.
Vincent: Will Mie Hamada #satoko up Vincent? I'm expecting big things from Vincent both technically and artistically.
Mikhail/Kovtun/Samarin: How will their consistency be next season? Russian men's is by far the weakest in the Russian team right now.
Nathan/Shoma/Yuzuru: Along with Vincent, how will they place next season? Will they continue to push the envelope of the top?

Ladies:
Japanese: Will Rika get her 3A's under control? How will she fend off the quadsters? Will Kaori continue to ride her newly padded PCS and acquire a 3A of her own? Will Satoko be able to keep that #3 spot? Will Mai and Wakaba come guns a blazing for a spot? Mako and Yuhana have so much potential too! Will Marin be able to pick herself up finally?
US: How will Bradie ride her newfound confidence - will she finally add back the 3Lz+3Lo? Will she be able to win back 3 spots for the US? Will Mariah be able to hold off Ting? How will Alysa and Hanna (if she stays) fare in Juniors? And the comeback of Karen and potentially Gracie and Polina too!
Russians: Wow wow wow. Alina, Evgenia, Liza are the top 3 current seniors, but toss in Sasha/Alena/Anna and things will get messy. They could easily fill the Top 1-6 spots at Worlds, but 3 will be left out. Will Sofia and Stanislava continue to stay motivated? Who will make teams? Who will the fed support? How will 3A's PCS be scored relative to Alina and Evgenia? Valieva, Kanysheva, Tarakanova will crush Juniors. Next season will be SO exciting.
Canadians: Now that Kaetlyn has retired, the fed only has Gabby to rely on. How will she handle her recovery (physically and mentally) while bearing the pressure? Will Alaine be able to pick herself back up? Will Ravi shape Aurora into the new Kaetlyn? Not looking too great for the Canadians right now.
Elizabet: She was already scored favorably with a shaky 4S. Where will she be scored after more Eteri refinement and more stable quad attempts? Would Eteri hold back if Elizabet suddenly surpasses all the Russian ladies? Things will be interesting.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
#1 - Senior debut of 3A!!!! They've already become mini stars on the junior circuit, but the senior circuit always introduces a bigger audience and I can't wait for everyone to see them shine!!! I'm so excited to see how they stack up against the current seniors, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is Russia only having three spots for worlds, imagine the talent thats going to be left behind :(. Still, so many new programs to look forward to!

#2 - JGP debut of Kamila Valieva!!! We get to see that beautiful sp on the JGP circuit and now she has a quad! And I hope her new fs will be just as wonderful. She's one that can be such a full package.

#3 - JGP debut of Alysa Liu! It'll be interesting to see someone from the USA that will be able to compete with the best. There's even the possibility she could win major titles. Her vs. Kamila vs. other Russians is going to be amazing.

#4 - JGP debut of Daniil Samsonov - his skating is beautiful and can't wait to see how he stacks up against current juniors.

#5 - Anastasia Gubanova possibly getting a GP? gosh I hope she does, the GP wouldn't be right without her, and I hope she keeps her sp from this season, one of the most underrated routines of the season imo.

#6 - GP debut of Ting Cui!! Absolutely love her skating, cannot wait to see what she does in seniors, and hopefully her new program(s) is/are gorgeous.

#7 - The battle to be the top Russian junior lady! With the 3A leaving, Russian juniors is left wide open. Kamila is the rising star, but JGP bronze medalists Kanysheva and Tarakanova are lovely in their own right, and so is junior worlds 4th place finisher Ksenia Sinitsyna. Plus, you can never count out an Eteri girl, and Usacheva and Kromykh are great skaters as well, it'll be interesting who comes through as #1, or if it will be more of an even battle between all of them. Plus, new programs from all of them probably.

#8 - Rika doing quads? If she can get quads consistent (which is a big if because these are hard jumps and we already see how difficult it is to have a consistent 3A), then next season will be a lot more interesting.

#9 - Rika and Kaori doing Shae Lynn short programs! Love me a good Shae Lynn program.

#10 - If I haven't said it enough, new programs!!!!!! Best part of every new season tbh.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
My list:
Pairs:
- new pairs on the senior stage, especially Stolbova/Novoselov and Ilyuschechkina/Bilodeau
- how Yu/Zhang fare against Peng/Jin after a season's break
- which US pair comes out the strongest
- the fight for Russian #3 pair (unless Stolbova/Novoselov outshine them all from the beginning)
- if Jones/Boyadji keep competing. Fingers crossed for them!

Ladies:
- if Gracie Gold and Polina Edmunds return, and how Karen Chen will fare
- Bradie Tennell's new programs, I just became a fan this season
- Gabby Daleman's progress, I admire her tenacity
- if Rika H gets sent to any competition abroad. I have a soft spot for her
- I hope Rika K is healthy, her layout plans leave me *insert Scream painting*
- the intense competition between the Japanese ladies
- Liza T and Evgenia fighting back as a new generation of talents emerges
- debut of the new prodigies on the GP series, not just Trusova/Schcherbakova/Kostornaia, but also Yelim Kim and Young You (if she goes senior)
- if Marin and Yuhana get GP assignments
- hopefully the rise of non-Russian European ladies like Viveca and Loena

Men:
- Yuzuru competing for yet another season, what a relief. Always looking forward to seeing him
- if Shoma can land that elusive quint, but only as long as it doesn't damage his health
- the competition for the Japanese #3 spot, as I like all 4 'contestants'
- Sota's progress. I hope he's healthy.
- who rises to the occasion in Russia, and challenges Kolyada
- further development of Matteo's, Kevin A's, and Lazukin's skating
- the GPF veterans, Voronov and Brezina, hopefully battling on :rock:
- Deniss V overcoming the bumps of this season
- who fills in Javier's place as the supreme artist

Dance:
- hopefully the North American teams catching up with the Russians
- if any not-yet-officially-retired team makes a surprise appearance back on the competition stage

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Rika Kihira's layouts
Wakaba's programs
Who Rusfed will sacrifice.
Fair results.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
New pairs - how will they be like

Luba - Charlie Bilodeau
Emily Chan - Spencer Howe
Patricia Andrew - Zach Daleman

The progress of last season newcomers:

Chelsea Liu - Ian Meyh
Jessica Calalang - Brian Johnson
Vivienne Contarino - Marco Pauletti

The progress of young "oldies":

Minerva Hase - Nolan Seegert
Thalisa Tomalla - Robert Kunkel
Letizia Roscher - Louis Shuster

The new partner of Deanna Stellato - who will he be and how will they be like?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
The new partner of Deanna Stellato - who will he be and how will they be like?

What, she's getting a new partner? I'm a fan of older teams, so thumbs up to her.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Broadway rhythm dances
Alysa's JGP debut season
Yelim Kim, Ting Cui, & Tomoki Hiwatashi on the GP
McNamara & Carpenter
Sui & Han
Nathan
More competition on the the GP dance circuit with more of the top dance teams competing this season (fingers crossed)
Skate Canada in Kelowna (because I will be going)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Please skating gods, Yuzu getting his 4A before both Brian Orser and a significant portion of the skating fandom tug out all their remaining hair with their bitten down nails....

Oh, and Mikhail having a good season because karma really needs to agree that he's earned it.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Carreira/Ponomarenko and McNamara/Carpenter making a push at Hawayek/Baker for US #3
Sui/Han doing a full season
Junior/Senior Grand Prix (with hopefully more balanced assignments across the events)
The drama of RusNats
Rika, Wakaba, and Kaori's programs
Mai Mihara getting more respect from her own fed
A Marina-fied Tarasova/Morozov
Chock/Bates continuing to improve
Mikhail hopefully having a better season
Shoma and Nathan's programs
The future of the Canadian ladies

happycamper2554

On the Ice
If Sin/Kats will be able to start being competitive with P/C :pray::pray::pray:
If Chock/Bates will overcome H/D again
If the Knierims and Kayne/O'shea will rise above Cain and Leduc
Whether C/P and M/C are able to rise above H/B
If Medvedeva and Zagitova make the world team
Nathan V Hanyu
Tarosava and Morozov for World Champions under Marina
U.S. for 3 pairs spots at worlds

P.S I know I can't spell. this is my pre apology

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m looking forward to a European ladies skater giving fabulous performances all season long and coming in at least 4th place at European Championships. I’m not even European but I badly want Alexia, Emmi, or somebody to switch coaches, up their technical content, and compete with the 3 Russians.

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking forward to something new from Papadakis & Cizeron, the US battle for bronze at US Nationals in ice dance & men.