2019-20 Russian Ice Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ice Dance

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It appears to be blocked for me :( but thank you!

Also, I didn't realise that Shanaeva/Narizhnyy were competing at this event. Is this required to reach junior nationals?

I don't think it's required for them, probably just using this competition as a 'training venue'. Still a long time before jgpf, they need something inbetween.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m new to ice dance and don’t understand the rules or basically anything, but I like the 2 top Russian teams. Who is the 3rd team most likely to join them at Europeans and Worlds? A junior team? Or a senior team that just hasn’t seen much success yet?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I’m new to ice dance and don’t understand the rules or basically anything, but I like the 2 top Russian teams. Who is the 3rd team most likely to join them at Europeans and Worlds? A junior team? Or a senior team that just hasn’t seen much success yet?

From what I know, the in the national team there should be probably Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Katsalapow, Zahorski/Guerreiro, with the first two for sure and the third maybe with some unclarity, but the with the newcomers from juniors still receiving marks close to juniors, for this year I expect this three teams.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well a few Lessons Learned from Nats:

1. No big surprise that the top three teams are all headed to Euros. I'd be very surprised if any other team will go to Worlds.

2. I was far more impressed in some ways with the teams in the NEXT TO LAST flight than in the final flight. There is less polish, perhaps, but more inventiveness and delight than more than one team in the final flight.

3. The Russian audiences clearly favor teams who takes risks with musical selection, choreography and quirkiness than yet another mush romance program. I applaud their good taste.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
The 3 Russian junior dance teams that competed in jgpf: are all 3 going to senior nationals this year?

No. While junior Russian pairs, ladies, and men often skate at both the junior & senior level, junior dancers do not. The only junior dance teams we generally see compete simultaneously at the senior level are those who compete for countries with less-developed dance programs where there is an available berth at a major international (Europeans, Worlds, or 4CCs).

klena

On the Ice
Congrats to Vitoria and Nikita on absolutely deserved GOLD medal! They were gorgeous amaizing beautiful :hap10::clap:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I have to admit that I’m not a fan of the Tiffani girl and her partner, the Russian team that placed 6th today. Is it possible that one of the junior teams could rise up and get that 3rd Olympic spot? I loved the 3 teams that went to the jgpf.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm going to miss them! out of 1 million Cabaret id programs they were the only able to understand it and perform accordingly, Bettina was the only actual Sally on ice this year

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I have to admit that I’m not a fan of the Tiffani girl and her partner, the Russian team that placed 6th today. Is it possible that one of the junior teams could rise up and get that 3rd Olympic spot? I loved the 3 teams that went to the jgpf.
lol
I predict that a lot of politicking will happen for morozova and bagin in the 2021-2022 season

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Congrats to Elizaveta & Devid for their world bronze medal! I really enjoyed both of their performances this weekend. Their RD in particular is just fantastic. It's my favorite junior RD of the season and I'm so sad to see it go!

Also, congrats to Arina & Maxim and Diana & Gleb on 4th and 5th! They all did a great job as well. :)