2019-20 Russian Ice Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ice Dance

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that Polunin made himself useful this time and made her think of trying one more time for Beijing and that it's not too late for her to do so :laugh::cry:

Would it be too much to hope for a partnership with Nikita Nazarov?
:eek::

elysium

On the Ice
I don't think Elena will have enough time to gel before Beijing. But honestly she is so young, she can definitely stay one more Olympic cycle. Her career ended really unsatisfactory, it would be so great if she can come back again.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I don't think Elena will have enough time to gel before Beijing. But honestly she is so young, she can definitely stay one more Olympic cycle. Her career ended really unsatisfactory, it would be so great if she can come back again.
Elena who?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Khudaiberdieva/Filatov officially through to the JGP Final, as expected, though Elizaveta was clearly underwhelmed by their FD score.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Full list of JGPF contenders:
Nguyen/Kolesnik (USA)
Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy (RUS)
Khudaiberdieva/Filatov (RUS)
Kazakova/Reviya (GEO)
Demougeot/Le Mercier (FRA)
Davis/Smolkin (RUS)

3 russian teams in the final (or four, if you count Georgians too :) ), not bad considering that their potentially best team had to withdraw completely, Davis/Smolkin changed team shortly before season and Khudaiberdieva has completely new partner.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
not sure if this was posted but here are Step/Buk's programs from their ISU bios

Rhythm Dance
Quickstep: Sparkling Diamonds (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) performed by Nicole Kidman
Blues: Your Song (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) performed by Ewan McGregor

Free Skating / Free Dance
Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi
Cry Me a River performed by Justin Timberlake

The RD seems like a good fit for them but the FD choice...is interesting to say at the least. The Cry Me A River part intrigues me but the Primavera part is a meh choice for me.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
not sure if this was posted but here are Step/Buk's programs from their ISU bios

Rhythm Dance
Quickstep: Sparkling Diamonds (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) performed by Nicole Kidman
Blues: Your Song (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) performed by Ewan McGregor

Free Skating / Free Dance
Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi
Cry Me a River performed by Justin Timberlake

The RD seems like a good fit for them but the FD choice...is interesting to say at the least. The Cry Me A River part intrigues me but the Primavera part is a meh choice for me.

They are a team that can do modern well. Hopefully the music cuts are good - I'm not a big of the cuts in the RD

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
SkAm standing
-Step/Buk wins the silver with a total of 206.57 but they did win the FD over H/D
-Tiff/Jon placed 5th with 181.82
-Sofia/Igor placed 9th with 166.51

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I liked the majority of Step/Buk's FD! The rain sfx kinda works well as transition music. My issue come from the lifts but this is likely to be ironed out before their next GP.

Good for Tiff and Jon having a good FD outing. I hope they go back to that camo/Lara Croft-esque styling for Tiff though.

starla16

Medalist
Stepanova / Bukin have better programs this season than S/K with their boring FD
They can become russian no.1 this season, just remove the tassels from her SD costume