Meagan Duhamel & Bruno Marcotte Moving to Oakville | Golden Skate

Meagan Duhamel & Bruno Marcotte Moving to Oakville

DonnaR

On the Ice
Skate Oakville announced today that Bruno and Meagan will be heading up the Pairs program at Skate Oakville:

"Skate Oakville is excited to announce that Canadian Olympian Meagan Duhamel and coach Bruno Marcotte, will be joining the Skate Oakville team to create a new Pairs Training Program.

Both Meagan and Bruno bring a wealth of knowledge, experience and a unique skillset that will further enhance the current dynamic coaching team at Skate Oakville. As the Director of the Pairs Training Program, Bruno, along with Skating Director Joni McPhail, will oversee the development and management of Pairs teams in Oakville.

Meagan Duhamel, and partner Eric Radford, won two medals at the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics. They were instrumental in helping Canada win Gold in the Team Event followed by a Bronze medal in the Pairs event. Prior to that they won back-to-back world titles in 2015 and 2016, which was the culmination of an undefeated season in 2015 including wins at both of their Grand Prix events, the Grand Prix Final and the Four Continents Championships. Since retiring from competition, she has been touring internationally and is looking forward to starting her coaching career. Meagan is also a Certified Holistic Nutritionist.

Bruno is a former National and International Pairs competitor winning a bronze medal at the World Junior Championships. He has been coaching since retiring from competitive skating in 2002. Known and respected worldwide as one of the top pair coaches in the world Bruno has also coached many National and International singles competitors, including Elladj Balde.

Both Meagan and Bruno will be focusing on pairs but will also be working with other competitive programs and skaters at Skate Oakville. Skate Oakville will continue to cultivate a Competitive Program under the direction of Michelle Leigh, and Meagan and Bruno’s experience, passion and wealth of knowledge will help move our Club forward into a new exciting era. This addition will establish Skate Oakville, the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex and the Town of Oakville as an ideal training location for National and International Skaters.

We look forward to welcoming Meagan and Bruno to Oakville."

I wonder if any Montreal-based teams will be moving?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best of luck to Meagan and Bruno with all their life changes:clap:

it will be interesting to see who signs up:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is Oakville the name of the city that they are moving to, or a skating club?

Oakville is a suburb of Toronto. The Autumn Classic International Challenger event was held there and will be there again this fall.

Skate Oakville sounds like the name of the fs program.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meagan talks about the move (and other things, like how hard it is do SOI while pregnant, which I cannot imagine:eek:) in her blog.

https://www.lutzofgreens.com/2019/04/30/new-adventures/

Evidently they had offers in the states, but with a baby on the way, wanted to stay in Canada. She also mentioned that she is from Ontario and the upcoming birth influenced her decision to return closer to home.

DonnaR

On the Ice
It looks like Kirsten and Michael have moved to Oakville to train with Bruno and Meagan. Skate Oakville posted a photo on their Facebook page.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Oakville is a city part of GTA, situated west of Toronto and separated of Toronto by Mississauga. Good luck for Megan and Bruno!

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Is Oakville the name of the city that they are moving to, or a skating club?

Oakville is a city part of GTA, situated west of Toronto and separated of Toronto by Mississauga. Good luck for Megan and Bruno!

Oakville is also the name of the skating club located in Oakville. Club names tend to get less creative in Ontario once you move out of downtown Toronto.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Meagan talks about the move (and other things, like how hard it is do SOI while pregnant, which I cannot imagine:eek:) in her blog.

https://www.lutzofgreens.com/2019/04/30/new-adventures/

Evidently they had offers in the states, but with a baby on the way, wanted to stay in Canada. She also mentioned that she is from Ontario and the upcoming birth influenced her decision to return closer to home.

Omg, I’m instantly reminded of how Ekaterina Goordeva continued to skate with Sergei while pregnant with Daria, as discussed in her “My Sergei” novel. I thought she was a crazy person when I first read that part in the book! I was only 12 years old, mind you. ;)

It looks like Kirsten and Michael have moved to Oakville to train with Bruno and Meagan. Skate Oakville posted a photo on their Facebook page.

That’s would make sense. KMT is from St. Catharines, and Mike is from Sarnia; both cities are a hell of a lot closer to their families and hometowns than Montreal is.

I wonder if Liam will be joining her. :) They’re such a cute couple.

Oakville is also the name of the skating club located in Oakville. Club names tend to get less creative in Ontario once you move out of downtown Toronto.

Yep. “Skate Oakville.” Super original. :laugh:

Sixteen Mile Sportsplex - which is Skate Oakville’s home base - is one of my all time favourite rinks to compete at. They host an annual synchro competition that always falls on the last weekend in January. The main arena is so bright and beautiful.