Jackson, Risport, or Aura? | Golden Skate

Jackson, Risport, or Aura?

zen

Spectator
I am looking to switch out of my Ice Flys after dealing with enlarged foot bumps and arch pain for a few years now. I've heard Risport is most similar to Edea, but the pro shop guy recommended Jackson as they are easier to punch out than Risport. Aura also seems enticing, as it may be able to fit to all of the swelling bumps on my foot. I'm weary of the new technology, however, as Edea claimed to mold to my foot and ended up causing more problems.

Thoughts?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Which ever works for your foot. I wear Jackson for freestyle and Risport for Ice Dance and love them both.

You may have to go semi-custom due to issue with your feet and the "bumps" you've developed.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I have had a massive history of problem feet - from boots being too wide to getting extreme blisters with Jackson.
I have a pair of auras, and they are the best skates I have ever owned - very comfortable yet very strong, fit perfectly, lightweight, no blisters, no bumps (that I got with Jackson). They are worth the premium.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm starting to wonder if someone was sent here to promote a certain brand of boots. :think:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hello, im not sure if this is the right place to ask this lol, but im looking to get new skate im currently wearning edea chorus but i found they wore out really fast, after a year they have no stifness in the ankles and have gotten real roomy, i heard this is cause of the padding they use, i wondering do risport have the same padding and how long do one of there boots typically last?

Well before we can tell you anything to really help. What is your level? What jumps etc are you doing? How often do you skate?

I'll tell you this much: No Risport does not use the same material as Edea, at least mine don't. When I was competing I was alternating between two pairs of boots and would still go through them in 10 months to a year, sometimes sooner depending if it was my freestyle or dance boots.