When can Alyssa Liu compete internationally? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

When can Alyssa Liu compete internationally?

Amei

Record Breaker
I like many others on stan twitter don't see what's appealing about her and find her vastly overrated as well tbh.

What's appealing about her is that she's young and she's doing some of the more difficult jumps where there is the possibility that she can compete with the Russians.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
And she's a little Minnie Mouse. She absolutely bubbles with personality. (She also has very nice spins & musicality).

Trusova has this bubbly personality too. It just wasn't in her programs this past season, but it was in The Big Spender SP the year before.

And Young You also. They aren't afraid to make eye contact with the audience and skate with some pizzazz.

frida80

Record Breaker
It's going to be a learning year for Alysa this season. Unlike last year, she she's going to be judged by international panels that are more critical about jumps than before. I have no doubt that working with jump experts at the Cricket Club and getting a Lori program will help many of her issues from last season. However, I think she has the right personality for this. The last two seasons she's proven to be very consistent, low nerves, a fast learner, and quite resilient. I'd never have guessed how much she'd improve from Novice Nationals in 2017.

I don't believe in hyping kids. Too much hyping leads to too much pressure. However, I'm eager to see how she grows over the next few seasons as a skater. She's ambitious and driven. I think she'll do well with some strong Russian competition. I don't forsee her getting Eteri PCS scores or GoEs yet. But her BV, backloading, 3As and 4Lz should help.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Alyssa has the technical content and is rapidly improving. Artistically, I wouldn't say she is not artistic, but because she is so tiny and does not have particularly long arms or legs, whatever details she does in her choreography are very hard for the audience to see. I believe growing several inches taller can really help with the perception of her jumps and presentation.

I am also quite skeptical of her jumps because they look small (ok for her height). But if you look at Rika K. 's jumps, I would not say they are high except 3A. Her techniques may be closer to Alina's.

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Artistically I don’t think she’s on par with top ladies, but she’s 13. Of course she isn’t! I definitely see potential and by the time she becomes a senior she could be very strong in that department. People seem to have different standards of what they expect from her compared to other skaters her age which, frankly, isn’t fair to her. She hasn’t even competed on the junior circuit yet, give her time to develop both artistically and technically.