2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
According to Nina Mozer in this interview, Zabjako & Enbert will perform their final performance this evening in a show at VTB Arena in Moscow, then likely to retire. (She says Sasha is healthy again, but the effort to return to the top level did not work out :sad21: )

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
According to Nina Mozer in this interview, Zabjako & Enbert will perform their final performance this evening in a show at VTB Arena in Moscow, then likely to retire. (She says Sasha is healthy again, but the effort to return to the top level did not work out :sad21: )

A pity. I was just beginning to like them, because they did something different while before they couldn't move me. I was hoping they would come back. :cry:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Oh no , but i understand with so much good young teams it must be hard the elder teams with more health issues to keep up. They finished they career on high note with worlds medals. I will not forget pure joy of Alexander after the free program. Wish them both good luck in whatever they chose to do.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Harley Windsor and Katia Alexandrovskaya have had to dissolve their partnership for health reasons, and it sounds as if Katia won't be able to continue skating. She hasn't made an announcement herself yet, but Harley's post strongly suggests that she will have to retire.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Harley Windsor and Katia Alexandrovskaya have had to dissolve their partnership for health reasons, and it sounds as if Katia won't be able to continue skating. She hasn't made an announcement herself yet, but Harley's post strongly suggests that she will have to retire.

Oh no! I know there were health problems but this is really sad. :cry:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Chris Knierim has announced his retirement as well.

This was kind of just thrown in - are the Knerims not going to Worlds. Is this sarcasm? What an odd statement without explanation or inclusion of his partner and wife Alexa?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
This was kind of just thrown in - are the Knerims not going to Worlds. Is this sarcasm? What an odd statement without explanation or inclusion of his partner and wife Alexa?

Alexa is talking of continuing with a different partner. It's just Chris retiring.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I'm posting this reply here because I wanted to ask a question, and I thought it would sound insensitive if I was to ask it in one of the other threads that you announced the split in.

What ever happened to the girl that Ryan Dodds competed in Pairs with, Jessica Rotondo? Is she still skating? And, if so, is she available?

Although it is a good while since Jessica and Ryan competed internationally, Jessica is actually a year younger than Katia. So, assuming that she is no longer skating with Ryan, she could be an option for Harley.

The last time that Katia and Harley competed internationally was in October. So, if he was looking to be back as quickly as possible, a partner from overseas would need to have last competed before that.

But, of course, this is Pairs. It takes time for partners to gel and get comfortable with each other. And if Harley and his new partner want to compete at the Beijing Olympics in 2 years from now, time is not a luxury they would have if this partner does not already have an Australian passport. It took Katia a few years to get Australian citizenship.

So, that was why I was thinking of looking within Australia. And for a girl that already had Pairs experience.

CaroLiza_fan

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll miss Katia and Harley together. I hope to see Harley soon as part of another pair. He's very talented and I think he can be the full package. With a partner, of course. Good luck in his search.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States

I don't really get how that can be an "odd statement" when it's literally a fact, but okay.

Like el henry said, there is already a thread explaining the entire situation regarding both Alexa and Chris, so I didn't think it was necessary to reiterate everything here.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, that's terrible news. I'm so sorry for Katia. I desperately hope Harley can find another partner. They'll be much missed in the skating world.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
It's sad to hear of so many pairs splitting and retiring.

On a positive note for fans of Japanese ladies - it seems that Rin Nitaya un-retired and may be eligible for international assignments due to her high finish at Nationals.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What ever happened to the girl that Ryan Dodds competed in Pairs with, Jessica Rotondo? Is she still skating? And, if so, is she available?

I'd honestly forgotten that a) Ryan ever trained pairs and b) Jessica skated at all, so I have no idea, I'm afraid!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't really get how that can be an "odd statement" when it's literally a fact, but okay.

Like el henry said, there is already a thread explaining the entire situation regarding both Alexa and Chris, so I didn't think it was necessary to reiterate everything here.

It's an odd statement if a person read it before having seen the other thread.

ice_tulip

On the Ice
Surprised no one has mentioned that Chris Knierem has retired. Alexa wants to find a new partner with goals to compete in the 2022 Olympics.

I'm very curious to see how this unfolds and if this shakes up/breaks up any current top US pair.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Surprised no one has mentioned that Chris Knierem has retired. Alexa wants to find a new partner with goals to compete in the 2022 Olympics.

I'm very curious to see how this unfolds and if this shakes up/breaks up any current top US pair.

There is a thread dedicated to Chris’ decision to retire:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...s-Knierim-Steps-away-from-Competitive-Skating

In both that thread and the US Pairs thread there is speculation (and sometimes wishful thinking ;) ) about partners for Alexa.