2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Welp, it's truly official: Virtue and Moir are retiring. From the odd wording in their statements, it kind of sounds like they won't skate together at all after their Rock the Rink tour, like no show skating at all. I'm not entirely surprised but I'm very sad... they will always be my #1 team and inspiration. I started ice dancing because of them. Of course I love many other teams, but Virtue/Moir hold a special place in my heart. :sad21: :cry: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2iYLiMDl7E/

Nirti

Medalist
I post this here from the Russian Ladies' thread : Anna Tarusina decided to retire, at only 16. Now we know why she finally didn't compete on JGP circuit this year.

And from the European Ladies' thread, Silvia Hugec (18) retired too. She's a 2-times EC competitor, where she qualified for the FS in 2018.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
You always hope if someone retires it is on their terms not because of injuries. Not because of politics or your nation has too many good skaters. And not because of money. I wish her well.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Very sad to read that Tarusina has retired at such a young age.
She was definitely one of my favorite Russian skaters :(

Very sad to read that Tarusina has retired at such a young age.
She was definitely one of my favorite Russian skaters :(

It's even sadder to realize that she's not the first lady to retire under the age of 20. She joins skaters such as Polina Tsurskaya and Yulia Lipnitskaya who retired at 17 and 19 respectfully. The russian ladies' field is tough and breaks so many people.:sad4:

Nirti

Medalist
Taisia Sobinina, totally unknown before.
Good beginnings with #1 Jr and #2 Sr at their Russian Cup events, meaning they have chances to qualify at least for Junior Nats (the places in Senior Nats will be very hard to get)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I first learned of Yoonmi when she trained at 7k, and she always seemed an elegant skater. Once Alexia Paganini chose to skate for Switzerland, I think that made her path more difficult.

Best of luck to Yoonmi in the future:clap:

I think she might have had some injuries over the past months that have made her look to other options, too - she's had no assignments listed on the SIS spreadsheet at any point this season despite being on the National team, which is unusual. I hope that whatever her reason for retiring she has her future planned out and lots of interesting things to look forward to!