2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I will miss her. She was amazing :cry: May she have much success in all her future endeavors.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Betina Popova retired. Sergei Mozgov might continue and look for a new partner.
O, no he is planning coaching. Total retirement without splitting.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Oh no! I loved them so much. :(

As did I. But as least they will depart knowing that they absolutely had the best RD of the entire season. Congratulations to Betina and Sergei for that, and I wish them all the best in their future endeavors. Ice dance will not be the same without them, they will be much missed.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
As did I. But as least they will depart knowing that they absolutely had the best RD of the entire season. Congratulations to Betina and Sergei for that, and I wish them all the best to them in their future endeavors. Ice dance will not be the same without them, they will be much missed.

Well they certainly were one of the ONLY dance teams this years to understand that "Broadway" dancing is about PUTTING ON A SHOW with real razz-na-tazz.

I'm sad to hear this. They will be much missed indeed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
They could get back on a team if one of the younger girls unexpectedly decides to quit, like if they medal at the 2022 Olympics and call it a day.

If one or more of the 3A's go through puberty or the upcoming juniors go through puberty or are too rough around the edges one of them could make it I guess but not likely. If Liza did a huge turnaround with he transitions and skating skills she could shock someone but Evgenia would need a quad.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Sad loss to the ice dancing world, who could use more teams with personality, panache and originality that they possessed. Honestly I definitely enjoyed them much more than many of the higher ranked teams, although I admit I am not quite "tech-savvy" when it comes to ice dancing. Best of luck to both of them for the next chapter of their lives, and Sergey get that back of yours sorted! They will be sorely missed :sad21:

Balloon

On the Ice
I’m not sure that the rumour of Audrey Carle quitting pairs is true, it was said they are still training together in Oakville
They are a team that has great potential and I think she’s just 13. Junior Pairs could get very interesting in the next couple years.

Balloon

On the Ice
I enjoyed watching his development too. He went on to University, but I guess they had some partnership issues that made him quit before Worlds. What’s skating without the drama. Brooke and Brandon being kids, Id assume the parents are a lot involved.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
lHe went on to University, but I guess they had some partnership issues that made him quit before Worlds.
I don’t think there was anything amiss that prompted them to split early. The Youth Olympics is a bigger event than Junior Worlds, where they’ve already been anyway. And this gives Brooke more time to prepare for next season.

Balloon

On the Ice
Canadian Ice Academy is a large club and competitive skaters/families spend many hours a day there and then add the time they spend in Oakville. He also was at Cricket, people hope for the best but do talk. I think the success they were having people assumed they would push through. This information is fact, but believe what you will. I wish Brandon and Brooke all the best in their choices and looking look forward to the new partnership.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m not sure that the rumour of Audrey Carle quitting pairs is true, it was said they are still training together in Oakville
It's definitely not true, Skate Oakville just posted a clip of them training their throws on Instagram.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe at this year's Japanese Nats, the skaters who concluded their competitive career were Rin Nitaya, Hiroaki Sato, and Jun Suzuki? Anyone else?

Hidetsugu Kamata and Sakura Yamada.

They may compete rest of this season like Inter-Collage, National Sports Festival or local competitions.

If I'm not mistaken, Shu Nakamura, Junya Watanabe, Junsuke Tokikuni, Kosuke Nakano, Takayuki Yamamoto and Kona Tsuuchi.
And probably Miyabi Oba and Naoki Oda. Every season it makes me feel sad there are so many skaters, mostly those competing locally/domestically, to decide retirement from competitive career upon their graduations from college due to financial reason and/or lack of time for trainings. :no:

Recently Fuji TV has aired short stories on those who decided to retire from competitive skating this season if anyone interested : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOh7KWiYQ-w Personally couldn't resist tears while watching TV;;; Am gonna miss them a lot;;;;;