June 15 Show to Benefit Michael Weiss Foundation | Golden Skate

June 15 Show to Benefit Michael Weiss Foundation

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I know a lot of people were saddened at the demise of Weiss's annual show but it looks like it may be making a comeback.
https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...-u-s-canadian-figure-skaters-to-open-ion.html

The show will take place at the newly built Ion International Training Center in Leesburg, VA. Participating skaters announced so far include Nathan Chen, Mirai Nagasu, Nam Nguyen, and Dan Hollander.

I didn't take this as a coming back of Weiss show. It's simply for the opening of his good friends skating facility.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I didn't take this as a coming back of Weiss show. It's simply for the opening of his good friends skating facility.

Yeah, it could just be a one off. But if the response is good I could see them doing the occasional show.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well, I guess it is benefiting the foundation now. Good stuff. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I know a lot of people were saddened at the demise of Weiss's annual show but it looks like it may be making a comeback.
https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...-u-s-canadian-figure-skaters-to-open-ion.html

The show will take place at the newly built Ion International Training Center in Leesburg, VA. Participating skaters announced so far include Nathan Chen, Mirai Nagasu, Nam Nguyen, and Dan Hollander.

This just in :hap85:: Avonley Nguyen and Vadym Kolesnik too, per Vadym's Instagram.
[ETA: Followed by Avonley's Instagram.]​

Woo-hoo! Very excited for them. Hope some video will surface.

For those who do not follow juniors: Avonley and Vadym placed fourth in ice dance at 2019 Junior Worlds (third in the free dance).

[ETA: Avonley's hashtags suggest that they will perform a version of their utterly gorgeous "Demons" free dance :luv17: from 2018/19.]​

Both are wonderful performers. Very promising talent for Team USA.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Another new name: Kevin Aymoz also is performing in the show, per @michaelweiss2 Instastory -- which shows a partial line-up.

Group 2
Michael Weiss intro​
13. Dan Hollander
14. Nam Nguyen
15. Kevin Aymoz
16. Mirai Nagasu
17. Nathan Chen
FINALE​

magictodo

On the Ice
Another new name: Kevin Aymoz also is performing in the show, per @michaelweiss2 Instastory -- which shows a partial line-up.

Group 2
Michael Weiss intro​
13. Dan Hollander
14. Nam Nguyen
15. Kevin Aymoz
16. Mirai Nagasu
17. Nathan Chen
FINALE​

It was a great show! I was so so excited for the addition of Kevin Aymoz.