Japanese skater switching to Eteri? | Golden Skate

Japanese skater switching to Eteri?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Some people think it might be Shoma because of the secret camp he is supposed to visit.
Yuna Shiraiwa could also be candidate. She has liked a few Quad videos from Eteri's girls a few weeks ago. We will see soon if it is just rumours or not

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would be very surprised if any male skaters switched to Eteri. The only male I can think of who has worked with her is Morisi Kvitelashvili, and I'm not sure how successful that training process has been. Her specialty is ladies. I would like to know where Jack got this information. Shoma is only keeping the training "secret" for now. I think we'll know soon. Since he said there are top skaters at the rink, that narrows it down to just a few possibilities.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I will reiterate the sentiment that it is most likely not Hanyu, but more likely a ladies' competitor. Perhaps Mako Yamashita or Yuna Shiraiwa? Two other options I consider to be more of a surprise are Marin Honda or Rika Hongo.

Exciting to see who it will be!! :popcorn:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
No way is it Shoma, lol.

If it’s a ladies skater, very likely it would be one with a slim/slight build. I am not familiar with everyone, but highly doubt that Marin is switching coaches this season.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Can you translate what exactly the Tweet says? If I have to guess, I guess it's a lady with small build like the average girls in Eteri's group, but I cannot think of anyone except Rika. Then I guess it would be a lady who is ambitious in the sense that she truly wants to work hard and improve and win. My wildest guess is Kaori among the current top skaters. Could it be some junior lady who is not known to the international audience yet?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Through Microsoft Translate, it says "Here it is... It seems that the next season Japan figure skaters are thinking of working with Eteri's coach."

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
My Japanese isn't much still, but the tweet doesn't say anything definitive. It really says they're 'thinking about/considering' whatever it is, and it really says Eteri's coach(es), not Eteri herself. Also, we don't know if it's about one or more athletes. No reason to jump to conlusions IMO.

The one who I think is most likely to collab with Eteri's team is IMO Satoko. She fits that camp perfectly - hard-working, has nothing to lose now, is determined to add new jumps and improve her jump technique, and she is tiny.

Maju

On the Ice
My Japanese isn't much still, but the tweet doesn't say anything definitive. It really says they're 'thinking about/considering' whatever it is, and it really says Eteri's coach(es), not Eteri herself. Also, we don't know if it's about one or more athletes. No reason to jump to conlusions IMO.

The one who I think is most likely to collab with Eteri's team is IMO Satoko. She fits that camp perfectly - hard-working, has nothing to lose now, is determined to add new jumps and improve her jump technique, and she is tiny.
I’m also going for Satoko.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
The tweet says, "It's here... It seems they're thinking that a Japanese figure skater will work with Eteri's coach(es) next season."

"It seems they're thinking that" doesn't sound very certain, but we'll see...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I’m also going for Satoko.

I’m not so sure about this. Satoko’s style is a bit elevated for Eteri’s choreo, and her jumps are not quite so elevated for Eteri. Seems like Eteri is most intent on taking on skaters with huge technical potential and Satoko just isn’t a great jumper. She would only be looking to clean up her technique but I can’t picture her at all adding difficult elements like a 3A or quad.