Japanese skater switching to Eteri? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japanese skater switching to Eteri?

Tahuu

On the Ice
Shoma may go to Eteri’s summer camp only. In addition to 6-7 ladies/girls, there are Kvitelashvili, Erokhov, Samsonov and a few other 12-14 yo men/boys jumping quads left and right there. That certainly would motivate someone like Shoma. Plus Eteri’s technique may be more close to Shoma’s and it’d be easier to improve than learning a new technique with Raf. The Hard part is going to Moscow will not be as fun as going to LA to train with his friends Marin and Nathan.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Whatever it is, it is an irresponsible tweet from someone who doesn't have the real news. Leaving every athlete from one country up for speculation and gossip. Unnecessary. If you don't have the story, then there's no reason to post.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Google translation means some J-skater may think to study with one of ET coaches.
It may be anything from attending some courses to having one of Team Tutberidze coaches leaving the team for Japan.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Seeing how airy and explosive Elizabet's jumps have gotten, it would be awesome to see if Eteri could do the same for Satoko

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder if she would take that young Canadian guy - Gogolev. He needs to develop more power and quads.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if she would take that young Canadian guy - Gogolev. He needs to develop more power and quads.

More quads:laugh: Gogo does not need more quads.

I think Brian Orser and now Rafael A. have plenty of quad experience, so Gogolev has been/will be OK.

And back to the Tweet, man, why even bother? It could mean anything and nothing, I think Gallagher just wanted the retweets;)

eaglehelang

Final Flight

It has already been announced Gogolev will be switching coaches to Rafael. I'm sure Rafael and Orser have better reputation in developing quads in male skaters.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
Seeing how airy and explosive Elizabet's jumps have gotten, it would be awesome to see if Eteri could do the same for Satoko

Seeing that Satoko has had past issue with bone density, needing to eat more, and put on more weight, the mere entertaining of the idea of a Satoko/Eteri collaboration makes me cringe inside, as I see her bones turn to dust. I think she’s good with Hamada.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Seeing that Satoko has had past issue with bone density, needing to eat more, and put on more weight, the mere entertaining of the idea of a Satoko/Eteri collaboration makes me cringe inside, as I see her bones turn to dust. I think she’s good with Hamada.

Yeah, i'd rather have her healthy self than going on air and protein powder diet so she can temporarily improve her jumps.

Plus Satoko is dream to watch and she does not need skate programs cluttered by random blade grabs and leg kicks.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Figure skating is such a weird sport. Most of the competitions are won by skaters with messed technique (and bad posture, weak skating skills, redundant transitions... did I forget something?) :rofl:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
The phrasing sounds more like a short-term thing than a permanent switch, if there's any truth to it at all.

As for Satoko and her health, if she had any problems with Eteri, it would probably be from lack of experience with her body type, not any danger to her. Alexei Erokhov just said in an interview that they all eat normally, as have others. That body type is fairly common among Russians (and full or part ethnic Russians), including most of my family and Eteri herself. It would be funny if it weren't so sad that no one seems to notice how Eteri herself is no less skinny than her senior ladies, relative to her height. What, does she starve herself too just to set a good example?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh:

that's the funniest joke I heard in a while :rofl2:

Come on, every time the idea surfaces it's worth it for the mental picture of Eteri Tutberidze carrying Pooh around (and silently daring anyone to say. one. word. I wouldn't). And the wardrobe/program discussions would be eeeeepic.

Claudalie

Rinkside
From the results she has been having for so long, whoever switches to her camp will end up getting a medal :) Tursunbayeva is a perfect example of that

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the results she has been having for so long, whoever switches to her camp will end up getting a medal :) Tursunbayeva is a perfect example of that

And Yuzu needs to switch camps to get more medals?;)

Not so much:)

Claudalie

Rinkside
And Yuzu needs to switch camps to get more medals?;)

Not so much:)

That's something only Yuzu knows what he needs. If he wants to change the coach because he can no longer get the gold with Orser, he will probably do it. I was speaking generally, without having anyone specific in mind. Her results are amazing and she definitely knows how to bring skaters to a podium. She proved that with Tursunbayeva and so many others.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's something only Yuzu knows what he needs. If he wants to change the coach because he can no longer get the gold with Orser, he will probably do it. I was speaking generally, without having anyone specific in mind. Her results are amazing and she definitely knows how to bring skaters to a podium. She proved that with Tursunbayeva and so many others.

No doubt Eteri has had amazing results as a coach.

But many other coaches have had just as amazing results, including Brian. So I think the chances of Yuzu being the Japanese skater who is supposedly training with Eteri (as the original tweet tells us next to nothing) is slim to none.

That said, no coach is perfect and no coach is the right coach for every skater. So skaters should be free to move from coach to coach as they see fit and as they want, without criticism and without blowback. And if a Japanese skater is moving to Eteri, then best of luck to them:)

Claudalie

Rinkside
No doubt Eteri has had amazing results as a coach.

But many other coaches have had just as amazing results, including Brian. So I think the chances of Yuzu being the Japanese skater who is supposedly training with Eteri (as the original tweet tells us next to nothing) is slim to none.

That said, no coach is perfect and no coach is the right coach for every skater. So skaters should be free to move from coach to coach as they see fit and as they want, without criticism and without blowback. And if a Japanese skater is moving to Eteri, then best of luck to them:)

Absolutely. I am sure Yuzuru is not moving to anyone. It must be a female skater rather than a male one.