2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Besides Aliev's 4lutz which is more about the quick rotation, all their other quads both from Aliev and Ignatov have great height, distance, minimal pre-rotation,... it's how a quad should be.

I found Ignatov's air position to be really loose & not tight enough in several of his jumps here. (I've not noticed that with Aliev's).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

Artemisa

Final Flight
Was this not posted yet? Here is the list of who RusFed is sending to Euros:
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4844-sostav-sbornoj-komandy-rossii-na-chempionat-evropy-v-gratse.html

Aliev, Danielian and Samarin will be sent to the competition.
Ignatov, Mozalev and Gumennik are the alternates.

I think Ignatov deserved to go to euros ... it's true it was fourth but he had good season ... and considered that dima and samarin were far from perfect at nationals ...
Bu good luck to danielian!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Ignatov and Danielian were less than a point apart at their only international head-to-head this season: Golden Spin.

As otherwise, they competed at two different levels of competition, then it is easy to see why Danielian's higher placement at senior Nationals would tip the scale. Outside of this season, Ignatov hasn't been very consistently competitive. They are both young. They can both use the senior experience. Danielian has been top 4 at Junior Worlds the last two seasons. Taking all of that into account, it makes perfect sense to me to go with the Nationals results. It would most likely be a learning experience for either athlete. Ignatov has had some nice ones this season, and Danielian will get one at Euros.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Europeans results after the SP

Dmitri Aliev (2nd): 88.45 pts
Artur Danielian (3rd): 84.63
Alexander Samarin (13th): 74.77

Overall i don't completely agree with the judging on components at this event, for instance i can safely say Aliev, Danielian and Rizzo all skate better than Brezina: better skating skills, more speed, more transitions, more flow. It seemed they wanted to reward the more seasoned skaters here.

Dmitri Aliev got 2 underrotations on both the 4ltz and the 3a, but overall he did well, he's still very close to 1st so if he skates like he can in the free, he can win this.

Great debut for Artur Danielian! I'm so impressed by his skating skills and the speed and power, beautiful posture, great lines in the steps sequence, the opening quad sal was amazing. Like i said components will certainly rise cause he has all the good qualities.

Alexander Samarin's performance was on a similar note to Nationals and previous Europeans, just without the PCS boost (although 8.25/8.50 is still too much in my opinion, in the steps sequence was ahead of the music). The 4ltz was almost there, but the 4toe was completely off: too swingy and a bit off axis, not as high as usual also.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Those URs for Aliev were quite strict, at least the one for 4Lz, but not bad performance at all (and Březina is 1st, who would have thought after how his season started :) ).

Artur did well for his debut, his stsq is perfect.

Samarin, what to say about him. Either he is perfect or he - is not perfect. Though in the light of Kevin Aymoz's skate he was still pretty good :laugh: He is 13th, in the 2nd warm-up.

As a bonus, Morisi (Moscow born) is 4th, pity about the fall, he was close to his personal best and even winning the SP.

Artemisa

Final Flight
So Samarin pop ... Dima Ur ... but Artur did very well... tomorrow is anew day and in russian men's that menas everything can happen ...