2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm curious how russian boys will deliver today. I'm not sure whether I would manage to see them.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
What's up with Daniil Samsonov's SP score??? 41.47 + 37.28 = 78.75 and ISU results says his score is 77.75??

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Congrats to Andrei! :hap57:
Petruccio and Daniel *italian hand emoji* ... what are you doing guys?

- - - Updated - - -

What's up with Daniil Samsonov's SP score??? 41.47 + 37.28 = 78.75 and ISU results says his score is 77.75??

deduction for the fall.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

-1 ded. for the fall.

Edit: I see it was answered twice already.

Well, when Daniil fell I nearly wrote him off but the rest was on very high level and the rest of the skaters showed that nerves can get everyone, so his chances are still high, he only has to skate clean tomorrow. Congrats to Andrei for the first place.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Mozalev was foot perfect the entire program, he has a very reliable technique.

Samsonov had that fall on the axel, the rest of the program was perfect.

Gumennik was more shaky here, fall on the 3a and the spins not as good as his usual quality. It was very nice to see Tamara Moskvina in the KnC tho, hope he can redeem himself in the free.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The real question is... will Dima keep his good old tradition and invalidate one of his jumps?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The real question is... will Dima keep his good old tradition and invalidate one of his jumps?

The other tradition of his is "one program bad, the second one good" this season. Will he keep it today? Of course we could speak similarly about Samarin. But he usually executed his SP well, so it is a question whether now he will be able to deliver good FS after "not so good" SP.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Lock up your 3As everyone!

Dmitriev Jr is practicing his 4A again!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ptC1LIizp - No idea if he's even close, but hey at least he's landing on his feet!

that's why everyone was falling all over the ice! Dmitriev was messing eith the planet axis again :laugh:

Congrats to Andrei! :hap57:
Petruccio and Daniel *italian hand emoji* ... what are you doing guys?

- - - Updated - - -

deduction for the fall.

ahahahaha :laugh2: you know we don't actually do it? (petruccio is cute)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, as almost always the Russian boys and men deliver more drama than necessary. Somehow the girls and women seem to be able to deal with the pressure better, or have just that right balance of skills vs physical capability?

Many of the boys and men seem to be chucking ultra-si, while the girls and women seem to be performing a smaller number but more quality ultra-si.

It's cool to be a girl figure skater, boys have to live up to the girls.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Alas Dima and Sasha S didn't do so well today :( Dima started off so well, but then it turned into a disaster! I hope he can regroup for Nats.

Sasha S seemed pretty good to me, but Kevin's PCS skills are actually incredible (the best of all the men I thought - although I don't think the score sheet agreed!) and the difference was obvious when they skated back to back. I appreciate Sasha is trying though! Perhaps he just needs to find his style?

Anyway, I won't be able to watch the Junior Men, but the new generation does seem more consistent so good luck to them!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Well, as almost always the Russian boys and men deliver more drama than necessary. Somehow the girls and women seem to be able to deal with the pressure better, or have just that right balance of skills vs physical capability?

Many of the boys and men seem to be chucking ultra-si, while the girls and women seem to be performing a smaller number but more quality ultra-si.

It's cool to be a girl figure skater, boys have to live up to the girls.

Dmitri Aliev has to skate clean to stay in the mix (for some reason), he's not getting the marks unfortunately.

Samarin, great jumps and that's it for his programs. No transitions in his free, posture is sloppy, gliding looks forced,... and there is not even attempt to be at all artistic. He gets the marks so good for him.

Ideally Kolyada is better than both of them, but who knows where he is.

Juniors are far more exciting to watch because competition is slightly less political and there are more skaters at the same level.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Ideally Kolyada is better than both of them, but who knows where he is.

Don't mention his name, someone might get offended... :coffee:

But I was promised that someone would take Misha's place and do great things, but here we are. Kolyada himself is a non-factor now, and as we all know, the Fed has its sights on the junior men. Still, we know what happens when they level up to seniors.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I thought Kolyada retired due to injury! Seemed like he moved on with the marriage and stuff

Lol so true! Great Russian juniors become mediocre seniors. Because it’s all about wining or being horrible no talents. There is no middle

gmyers

Record Breaker
Alas Dima and Sasha S didn't do so well today :( Dima started off so well, but then it turned into a disaster! I hope he can regroup for Nats.

Sasha S seemed pretty good to me, but Kevin's PCS skills are actually incredible (the best of all the men I thought - although I don't think the score sheet agreed!) and the difference was obvious when they skated back to back. I appreciate Sasha is trying though! Perhaps he just needs to find his style?

Anyway, I won't be able to watch the Junior Men, but the new generation does seem more consistent so good luck to them!

Samarin needs an american coach. He just needs to learn about PCS

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I thought Kolyada retired due to injury! Seemed like he moved on with the marriage and stuff

Lol so true! Great Russian juniors become mediocre seniors. Because it’s all about wining or being horrible no talents. There is no middle

Do you know some inside info about Kolyada, which is not public?
The last news was that he was doing surgery end of October and has to stay away from ice for another month. Thus just know he would have been able to start training again.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Do you know some inside info about Kolyada, which is not public?
The last news was that he was doing surgery end of October and has to stay away from ice for another month. Thus just know he would have been able to start training again.

Nah, most likely no info besides what we know. But it would hardly be a surprise if he announced his retirement, unless he got a clean bill of health and his prospects of competing are good.