RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poland: Gleb and Daniil
Croatia: Artur and Andrei M.
Italy: Ilya and Petr

So our last six assignments will be with these guys. Russia earned 7 out of 12 medals in the first 4 JGPs. Two golds, 1 silver and 4 bronzes :clap: Not bad! Congrats to all the guys. Now lets see who makes JGPF :hap10:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Gumennik won over Danielian in the free.

Good approach from Petr's coach on the quads, learning one at the time, it seems it is paying off, the quad lutz here was fully rotated, last season he showed some beautiful 4 salchows. Good fight on the rest of the program and made all three combos happen which were precious points.

Artur is a great skater with good posture but he always leaves a lot of points on the table: no second 3-3 today, levels lost in both spins and steps sequence,... there is a lesson here to be learned, it was very close.

Yablokov was very good too, all Volchkova's skaters remind me of her: moments of greatness with huge jumps and great qualities, but there is always some mess in between. I'd say here though based on the technical contents he could have beaten Danielian in the free (clearly not overall).

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Petr is really upping his arsenal, don't know how many of those quads will stick in the future, but he's super young. I think he can get to it.

Now, Artur at least managed to land his axels, but the quad is just not there yet. And the second half of the program was a mess. He could definitely have won if he just managed to complete his non-jumping elements decently.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Petr is really upping his arsenal, don't know how many of those quads will stick in the future, but he's super young. I think he can get to it.

Now, Artur at least managed to land his axels, but the quad is just not there yet. And the second half of the program was a mess. He could definitely have won if he just managed to complete his non-jumping elements decently.
Petr is actually the oldest of the Russian guys at this JGP. I wouldn't call him super young, he'll be 18 this season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Petr is actually the oldest of the Russian guys at this JGP. I wouldn't call him super young, he'll be 18 this season.

All this is true but for me at least, he looks no older and skates no more mature than Danielian who is almost 2 years younger. I see why people lump him in that age group.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I definitely lumped him in the younger group, but then, most of the older Russian guys are late developers in some way. Maybe the guys Danielian's age and younger might reach the seniors with a lot more quality to their skating.

Here's hoping. :pray:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Petr's team has been pacing him well re: quads, and there is no real reason to think that he'll suddenly lose them considering he carried his jumps through a growth spurt without falling apart. Wrt Artur, I am a bit worried about the amount of health problems he's had by his tender age. Buianova really needs to nurture his talent carefully. Both Petr and Artur are strong PCS-wise compared to the generation that is just above, so it will be interesting to see what they will develop into in seniors. They are really the first potential competition in this respect to Kolyada and Aliev.

Of course there is a faint hope that Vetlugin finds a coach who can fix his jump technique and then he will be a real star.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Petr is a late developer physically, it's true.

All this is true but for me at least, he looks no older and skates no more mature than Danielian who is almost 2 years younger. I see why people lump him in that age group.

Idk for me it's more the opposite, Danielian skates better than the average junior skater.

The problem is that you can clearly see the same mistakes they did with Kovtun: lack of stamina in the free skate sometimes due to lack of full runthroughs, weak spins (and he used to have all good ones, meaning they are not practicing enough).

If they don't change that, it will lead to another inconsistent skater.

It's still a common issue i see with the boys, Lutfullin also looked like he never trains the full free program from start to finish, so yes he may have a quad and good 3as already but the rest of the program is empty and slow.

As Ted Barton mentioned, actually Gumennik has grown a lot from last season (and the one before).

starla16

Medalist
Gumennik won over Danielian in the free.

Good approach from Petr's coach on the quads, learning one at the time, it seems it is paying off, the quad lutz here was fully rotated, last season he showed some beautiful 4 salchows. Good fight on the rest of the program and made all three combos happen which were precious points.

Artur is a great skater with good posture but he always leaves a lot of points on the table: no second 3-3 today, levels lost in both spins and steps sequence,... there is a lesson here to be learned, it was very close.

Yablokov was very good too, all Volchkova's skaters remind me of her: moments of greatness with huge jumps and great qualities, but there is always some mess in between. I'd say here though based on the technical contents he could have beaten Danielian in the free (clearly not overall).

Danilian is not consistent but he really has the best flow on jumps and skating skills, he just cant skate 2 clean programs but he looks be almost done growing, he wont grow as tall as gumennik.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe the guys Danielian's age and younger might reach the seniors with a lot more quality to their skating.

Here's hoping. :pray:

Yes I hope :pray: especially since the 2003 guys are my favorite plus Kutovoi!

And also congrats to Artur who now has the highest SP score and TES (among juniors) under the new system and he almost, almost beat Camden's PCS from JW (it was so close)!!!! :yes2:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Danilian is not consistent but he really has the best flow on jumps and skating skills, he just cant skate 2 clean programs but he looks be almost done growing, he wont grow as tall as gumennik.
Gumennik is only 171 cm at age 17. Danielian is just 3 cm shorter and I doubt he is done growing at 15.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Danilian is not consistent but he really has the best flow on jumps and skating skills.

At 15, yes, he has some of the best skating skills and speed in his age group this is obvious especially live. Hardly any of the Junior men are consistent though, from any country. I feel like people are harder on the Russians however this could just be my perception.

he looks be almost done growing, he wont grow as tall as gumennik.

Gumennik is only 171 cm at age 17. Danielian is just 3 cm shorter and I doubt he is done growing at 15.

It's not out of the realm of possiblities that Artur has reached his final height at 15. His dad was not much taller than him last year when he was 4 or so cm shorter than he is now. ~171 cm he could reach, yes. Ignatov/Kovtun's height, no. But they will fill out though. Kunitsa seems to be nearly done followed by Mozalev then Artur but that's just me :shrug: Their ages don't matter much. Everyone goes through puberty at different times. Some earlier, some later.

It does helps that I've seen Georgy (recently) and Artur (last year) standing near their dads so I cheated a little :laugh:

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Of course there is a faint hope that Vetlugin finds a coach who can fix his jump technique and then he will be a real star.

I would sell my soul for him to be able to rotate more efficiently and start landing his jumps. He has the it factor, not just good basics. I just hope he gets to play a more central role in the Russian fed's plans next season, with Gumennik, Danielian and possibly Mozalev transitioning to seniors.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
At Lombardia Trophy, Dmitri had a good competition, probably his best in a long time, and hopefully it won't be the last. His quads looked good, though the second half of the FS was a bit messy. I would have his SP score a bit higher tho, but the scores were all over the place anyway.

Murashov looks enourmous on the ice, how tall is he? I wonder if he's going to get stable with his jumps.

And is Lazukin injured or something? His competition was a total mess. :roll9:

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Aliev is a rollercoaster. So many crazy highs and lows sometimes you can't believe it's the same skater. It's what makes him so frustrating because among the senior men, besides Kolyada, he's the only one with the full package.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I would sell my soul for him to be able to rotate more efficiently and start landing his jumps. He has the it factor, not just good basics. I just hope he gets to play a more central role in the Russian fed's plans next season, with Gumennik, Danielian and possibly Mozalev transitioning to seniors.
Is Danielian planning to transition to seniors? He is quite young and doesn't really have a quad yet. You could turn senior early with no quad during Petrov's time due to a lack of competition but not any more. I can't think of any Russian men who turned senior younger than Aliev recently and he had just one junior-eligible season left. Gumennik will be in the same situation if he transition to seniors next season. Danielian will be just 16.