2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Danielian planning to transition to seniors? He is quite young and doesn't really have a quad yet. You could turn senior early with no quad during Petrov's time due to a lack of competition but not any more. I can't think of any Russian men who turned senior younger than Aliev recently and he had just one junior-eligible season left. Gumennik will be in the same situation if he transition to seniors next season. Danielian will be just 16.

Not to my knowledge but the season has just started and who know what he will have jump wise by the end of the season. He has not even mentioned doing any senior competitions this season but maybe he will try for nationals (cup events) and maybe Senior Bs (for ranking points) :confused2:

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Is Danielian planning to transition to seniors? He is quite young and doesn't really have a quad yet. You could turn senior early with no quad during Petrov's time due to a lack of competition but not any more. I can't think of any Russian men who turned senior younger than Aliev recently and he had just one junior-eligible season left. Gumennik will be in the same situation if he transition to seniors next season. Danielian will be just 16.

I mean, I personally think he will have outgrown junior competitions completely by next season, so I was going by that... Of course, I may be wrong. Gumennik, however, has stated he plans to turn senior next year.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean, I personally think he will have outgrown junior competitions completely by next season, so I was going by that... Of course, I may be wrong.

PCS wise, yeah I can see that, I can see him being a "Pulkinen" who, PCS wise, has outgrown juniors but.......

TES wise.... let's see what happens here by the end of the season. I don't want him rushing to get quads and after this season, he still has 3 more years of junior eligibility to learn/stabalize one or two. Plus it will be hard for him to make it in Russia as a senior with no quad and 16 does seem really young. Or a better way to put it is I think 16 is a bit young for the RusFed to be breaking his psyche with expectations.

I guess it will become clearer as the season goes along. I'm just happy he's healthier and had a relatively good competition.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Gumennik needs a lot of polishing if he considers transitioning to seniors next season. He is visibly slow and doesnt have a good strokes even in his cross overs. He needs to tighten his core. Good thing for him he has 3 quads? now so atleast he can compete with TES. He seem competitive too and doesnt crack under pressure. Mozalev is going to be interesting. He has stable jumps and good SS doesnt have the best musicality. These two has the TES to survive seniors, question is if they are consistent enough to contend and build PCS

- - - Updated - - -

Is Erokhov still injured??

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Gumennik needs a lot of polishing if he considers transitioning to seniors next season. He is visibly slow and doesnt have a good strokes even in his cross overs. He needs to tighten his core. Good thing for him he has 3 quads? now so atleast he can compete with TES. He seem competitive too and doesnt crack under pressure. Mozalev is going to be interesting. He has stable jumps and good SS doesnt have the best musicality. These two has the TES to survive seniors, question is if they are consistent enough to contend and build PCS

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah what Petr needs to work on is his SS and speed. He has lovely upper body moment and lines and his feeling of the music and maturity has really improved. He needs the speed if he wants more flow out of his jumps especially 3A. But it’s because he’s not a big lad for his age, tallish and stringy and a late bloomer, most of the other junior men who are a year or two younger have more muscular builds. Unless he grows really tall I don’t think puberty will be too much of a problem for him because he needs the muscle [emoji23] smol boi

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Gumennik doesn't have three quads, he showed good 4S last season and now maybe 4Lz. Mozalev is not really consistent, he lost his chance at JGPF and JWorlds last season precisely due to falling apart when it really mattered.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

- - - Updated - - -

Is Erokhov still injured??

I don't necessarily agree.

Speed maybe he could improve but posture he's better than many senior skaters, and skating skills aren't bad too.

Gumennik IS consistent enough and has the tech contents to bring medals in seniors: he said he plans in the near future to have a free skate with 4ltz, 2 4 salchows, 3 3axels and the 3-3 combos in the 2nd half.

On top of all of that he is also an amazing spinner.

So just give him time and trust, he's already better than most of the russian seniors.

And is Lazukin injured or something? His competition was a total mess. :roll9:

Idk but last season he started to skate clean with contents he's comfortable with, this season they added the quad lutz which is not there yet and also make the rest of the elements shakier.

Not sure if i agree but if he manages to get the quad lutz consistent with the rest of the program in time for the Olympics, they'll prove me wrong.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I don't necessarily agree.

Gumennik IS consistent enough and has the tech contents to bring medals in seniors: he said he plans in the near future to have a free skate with 4ltz, 2 4 salchows, 3 3axels and the 3-3 combos in the 2nd half.

To plan is nothing. All Russian skaters plan and plan and plan. I hear EVERY single season what marvelous programs they will show with so many quads.
So when Petr will show what he plans and with the difficulty in the other parts apart of jumps, THEN he will be better as the seniors. Till then he has one or two things to learn and polish. He has a lot of lovely skills and i hope he will improve steadily.

Danielian has as well many great skills. But he should not hurry to the senior competitions. Let him get those quads first and compete with them where the pressure is not so great. At the moment Russia has loads of lovely skaters who doesn't do great 4turn jumps in competition, so he will have no advantage to go so soon senior.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
To plan is nothing. All Russian skaters plan and plan and plan. I hear EVERY single season what marvelous programs they will show with so many quads.
So when Petr will show what he plans and with the difficulty in the other parts apart of jumps, THEN he will be better as the seniors. Till then he has one or two things to learn and polish. He has a lot of lovely skills and i hope he will improve steadily.

Danielian has as well many great skills. But he should not hurry to the senior competitions. Let him get those quads first and compete with them where the pressure is not so great. At the moment Russia has loads of lovely skaters who doesn't do great 4turn jumps in competition, so he will have no advantage to go so soon senior.

It's not just about planning though, we have already seen Gumennik skating clean free skates with 2 quads, 2 3as and the 2 3-3 combinations, beating both Samsonov and Kovtun (respectively Junior and Senior champions) last season.

(audio delay unfortunately)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNq0OU4OoE

The difference between him and the other russian skaters is that he can skate a clean free program from start to finish, with difficult contents, the details and the level 4 on all spins.

If you look at the others, it's never the full package, there is always a big visible gap somewhere: sometimes they only care about the jumps and never pay attention to the rest, some only train the first half of their program so the end of their free skate is always empty and slow, some never practice their spins so they are slow on those and don't get the level,...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If you look at the others, it's never the full package, there is always a big visible gap somewhere: sometimes they only care about the jumps and never pay attention to the rest, some only train the first half of their program so the end of their free skate is always empty and slow, some never practice their spins so they are slow on those and don't get the level,...

It is disturbing, all this talent running wild instead of being channelled. Many coaches say teenage boys are difficult to work with, but these are mostly adult men already. They should know what it takes, how to work, perhaps even how to live in the best interest of your sport. And apparently they still can get away with this because the competition for the "anointed seven" spots on the national team isn't nearly as intense as with the girls and women.

klena

On the Ice
Cup of Russia, 1st stage
Top 3, SP
1. Sergey Voronov 96.56 :thumbsup: :clapper:
2. Egor Murashov 81.59
3. Vladimir Samoylov 71.84