2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

medoroa

On the Ice
I like Uno but he's evidently not in top form, so if Aliev skates clean while Uno mucks up, I can see Aliev winning TES. Total score, maybe not so much (but it is Rostelecom...), but Aliev's Nepela score is neck to neck with Uno's Finlandia score.

Samarin is a dark horse. Sometimes he actually manages to land most of his jumps.

With Zhou out of the GP series, Aliev and Samarin have HUGE chances to do well at Rostelecom. I don't want to jinx anything and I don't want this to mess them up mentally, but it's going to be exciting!

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Judging from the marks Samarin got in France for his performances looks like the Russian fed. are living and dying with him. HARDCORE!

I don't think any of the other men have a chance unless Samarin bombs badly and they skate clean

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
There is a one problem, any russian senior didn't deliver two clean programs yet in the competition this season. They have either very good SP and not so good FS or the other way around. Yet I dare to say there are improvements finally, at least with Samarin and Aliev. I hope this will stand. Junioer also improved a lot this season.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
There is a one problem, any russian senior didn't deliver two clean programs yet in the competition this season. They have either very good SP and not so good FS or the other way around. Yet I dare to say there are improvements finally, at least with Samarin and Aliev. I hope this will stand. Junioer also improved a lot this season.

Samarin scored over 165 points despite two falls and a total of four elements with negative goe. You really think any other current Russian man (I don't count Kolyada since he isn't skating) can achieve marks like that with a performance like Samarin delivered? Aliev certainly wouldn't and he's certainly superior to Samarin the in the PCS department. It's clear the Russian fed. are backing Samarin and throwing all their weight behind him. Look at those PCS marks, crazy!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Samarin scored over 165 points despite two falls and a total of four elements with negative goe. You really think any other current Russian man (I don't count Kolyada since he isn't skating) can achieve marks like that with a performance like Samarin delivered? Aliev certainly wouldn't and he's certainly superior to Samarin the in the PCS department. It's clear the Russian fed. are backing Samarin and throwing all their weight behind him. Look at those PCS marks, crazy!
Imagine his PCs if he could sell The accepted forms of artistry! It’s like if he did North American proper or French indulgent weirdness but he isn’t - he is not doing what he’s supposed to be doing

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good to see Sergei at IdF , he's my current fave! Although he won't be going to GPF this time which is sad :( Maybe he can make it to Euros?

Then there's Anton S, I read about the FS costume and thought "Oh it won't be that bad", but it absolutely was...like DomShab levels of offensive...I really hope he changes it, I mean...what was his team thinking.

I always forget about Samarin! He did very well at IdF though! That FS costume is scary, but hey whatever works for him. :laugh:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Judging from the marks Samarin got in France for his performances looks like the Russian fed. are living and dying with him. HARDCORE!

I don't think any of the other men have a chance unless Samarin bombs badly and they skate clean

Yeah i don't like how suddenly he always end up getting higher PCS than other skaters like even Aliev or in that case Aymoz, despite his programs are completely empty.

There is some choreography in the short program, but the long is very much skating with a music in the background: no choreography, no transitions into the jumps, it feels like a jumping excercise and nothing else.

Not take away from him what he does technically, his quads are all beautiful.

If Aliev skates clean he should absolutely outscore Samarin, no question for me.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Good to see Sergei at IdF , he's my current fave! Although he won't be going to GPF this time which is sad :( Maybe he can make it to Euros?

Then there's Anton S, I read about the FS costume and thought "Oh it won't be that bad", but it absolutely was...like DomShab levels of offensive...I really hope he changes it, I mean...what was his team thinking.

I always forget about Samarin! He did very well at IdF though! That FS costume is scary, but hey whatever works for him. :laugh:

it's russian men we're talking about everything can happen :laugh: but i wouldn't hold my breath

aname

On the Ice

MintGreen

On the Ice
I think Samarin started receiving huge PCS marks since GP of last season, as both Kolyada and Aliev were struggling back then. This year, the trend continues, particularly with the absence of Kolyada. The Russian Fed definitely banks on him as the front man. Not try to take anything away from him though. He looks a hard working person to me.

With all those factors considered, I hope Aliev can get the PCS he deserves, which should be higher (by a lot) by any measurement.

Yeah i don't like how suddenly he always end up getting higher PCS than other skaters like even Aliev or in that case Aymoz, despite his programs are completely empty.

There is some choreography in the short program, but the long is very much skating with a music in the background: no choreography, no transitions into the jumps, it feels like a jumping excercise and nothing else.

If Aliev skates clean he should absolutely outscore Samarin, no question for me.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany

I recently realized I have a soft spot for Samarin so now his FS angers me a little. :D I do like the "darker" type of music for him but there's barely anything happening in the program. Give the poor man something to work with! In his SP I can see that he wants to. I've already catched me complaining about his PCS and I don't want this to become a regular thing, especially because I believe he's able to pull off performances that are deserving of the scores he gets.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I'm okay with this. His skating is kinda ratchet, but his jumps are clearly on point and it's a quad-man's world right now. Good for him for upping his fire power. He clearly has his sights set on more than just the national title.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last Challenger event for earning a SB. Lots of subs for this one!

Golden Spin http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109530.htm

Main
Aliev, Danielian, Ignatov
Subs
Kolyada, Lazukin, Murashov, Savosin, Rukhin, Yablokov

I kinda expect Aliev to be replaced but we will see come Saturday!

Interesting, Samoilov is yet to be assigned any Challenger/Senior B, not even a sub :scratch2:

ETA: just a reminder, Warsaw Cup is this week so good luck to Murashov, Gumennik and Mozalev.

Rukhin/Lutfullin were to be in Tallinn but they were removed. They should be at the last Cup event next week with Samoilov, Danielian, Petrov and Sviridenko.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think we just saw the main Russian team for the season competing at COR!

I wouldn't mind seeing Makar on top with the program he put out today, but he has other stuff to work on, for sure. Samarin's PCS is :drama:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I think we just saw the main Russian team for the season competing at COR!

I wouldn't mind seeing Makar on top with the program he put out today, but he has other stuff to work on, for sure. Samarin's PCS is :drama:

I love the guy, Samarin's awesome, but come one, Rusfed's doing Aliev wrong on this one.

starla16

Medalist
Aliev needs to get no more than silver to be in the GPF mix
Ignatov if he medals here could still be in the mix too for NHK