2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have a question. Does Plushy have a male contender for the title at Nationals at any level?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I have a question. Does Plushy have a male contender for the title at Nationals at any level?

Little Kirill Sarnovsky could become one (13y.o) and he has 3A which he landed clean in comp within a week so I bet he could get quads quickly

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mishin’s group does not go to Kislovodsk.
FMBA forbade people over 65 to attend training camps. Alexey Mishin is 79 years old, Tatyana Mishina will turn 66 on June 16.

Tatyana Prokofieva, who is not just a choreographer, but a full-fledged coach in the group - 47 years old. Artur Gachinsky, studying with juniors - 26 years old. Theoretically, they could coach Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Gulyakova and others. But the group decided not to do this and stay with the Professor in St. Petersburg.

https://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles/mishin-tutamysheva-sbory-novogorsk-otmena

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Pyotr Gummenik's training camp already known?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Sarnovsky is too young and so many things to develop still, mastering 3a and quads in the future.

Kovalev could be in the mix, he's inconsistent, but at the age of 17 this should be his breakout season in juniors to then transition into seniors with medals in the bag.

At senior nationals realistically, the contenders could be the same as this past season which are already like 6-7 skaters. (Aliev, Danielian, Samarin, Mozalev, Ignatov, Gumennik, Samsonov and potentially Kolyada too)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Someone please settle the new thread, I don't want to take care for all the categories :biggrin:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Junior team:
Kovalev, Lutfullin, Samsonov, Yablokov, Semenenko

Reserve:
Kutovoi, K. Sarnovsky, Kunitsa

Boys team (novice):
Belyavsky, Knyazev, Kondratiuk, Lukin

Reserve:
Kolesnikov, Lazarev, Fedotov

PDF https://www.minsport.gov.ru/2020/docs/ССК Фигурное катание на коньках 20-21.pdf

I'm a little surprised to see Kunitsa still listed on single skaters and Lutfullin getting the main team funding while Kutovoi being on the reserve despite the latter did better this season.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm a little surprised to see Kunitsa still listed on single skaters and Lutfullin getting the main team funding while Kutovoi being on the reserve despite the latter did better this season.

Kutovoy is amazing, but he didn’t have competition 3A. I hope he moves up this year. He is also apparently very active young gentleman on SM. I keep thinking about unfollowing him with all the endless stuff he posts, but because he is not main team, I don’t want to miss him competing... at some point. Lol.

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Kutovoy is amazing, but he didn’t have competition 3A. I hope he moves up this year. He is also apparently very active young gentleman on SM. I keep thinking about unfollowing him with all the endless stuff he posts, but because he is not main team, I don’t want to miss him competing... at some point. Lol.

That’s a little rude [emoji23] :( he used to be not that active at all so. And cause of quarantine too lol..I love his IG posts [emoji23] anyway, he posted practice videos of his 3A+3Lo in March or something, so I bet he will have one next season. Plus, he’s got twice the artistry Lutfullin or Kovalev or anyone has.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm a little surprised to see Kunitsa still listed on single skaters

Yeah, I found that a bit confusing as well, especially as he has found a partner. Super happy for Yablokov and Kovalev!

As for the novices, I'm glad to see Lev Lazarev is at least on the subs bench, I find that little fellow really refreshing. Would have loved to see Efremenko in there somewhere...

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Yeah, I found that a bit confusing as well, especially as he has found a partner. Super happy for Yablokov and Kovalev!

As for the novices, I'm glad to see Lev Lazarev is at least on the subs bench, I find that little fellow really refreshing. Would have loved to see Efremenko in there somewhere...

They just put the top 3 at younger age nationals. Efremenko was 4th, and he doesn’t have a triple triple. But he does have StSq4 🤩
I’m a bit sad that Rukhin had to vanish but it was only expected considering he missed half the season.

LadyB

Record Breaker
They just put the top 3 at younger age nationals. Efremenko was 4th, and he doesn’t have a triple triple. But he does have StSq4 ��
I’m a bit sad that Rukhin had to vanish but it was only expected considering he missed half the season.

Good point.
Poor Egor, hope Buyanova can ‘revive’ him. Which brings me to Ilya Skirda. I had sort of written him off, then I heard he wanted to try ice dance... But he seems to be still around and doing some training. Can’t imagine it, but deep inside I wish he’d come back.