YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFGaahwVzs
New video about the boys after their skates!
I'll try to translate it later.

Here it is:

Artur:
I tried give all my power/energy on my jumps, to concentrate/focus, it takes a lot of energy right now.
In the end, there's a stsq, the music is powerful, it requires to let all of the emotions out.
I tried, but it was hard at that point.

Piotr:
I couldn't do some elements, complex coordinated multiple-revolutioned jumps.
Most likely, it's because it took a long time for me to recover this season.
Of course, I am disappointed, but not too much. More so, I saw the direction for the future work.

My note: very serious young man, mr. Gumennik! Didn't know he had injury, wishing him steady recovery!

Andrey Kutovoy:
I didn't skate that well, I fell from one of the elements, where I wasn't supposed to fall at all. I've been doing 3 loop for a long time.
There wasn't enough speed, and didn't have enough energy

A few bits from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MGDNOyVr7g

Daniil:
I could've done better. In general, it's not bad for the beginning of the season.
Well, my spins weren't good. In general, everything could've been done better.
I still have something to aim for.

Artyom Kovalyov: I'm just in shock. How are you, Gosha? (referring to Georgy Kunitsa)
How are you Yegor?

Yegor Rukhin:
I've messed my spin a little bit, a did the turn and then lost centering, so there was this little disruption.
My coach? he praised me, but told me about the spin, said it's an unacceptable mistake, but we will work even more

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Eteri is trying to apply the exact same methods they did with girls to boys, so far it is not working: yes less talents, the injuries but results are not as good, we'll see with Samsonov.

CSKA also did the same with Kovtun and Samarin, all about the jumps. They changed the approach with Danielian and Iakovlev.

What I like here is that most coaches are keeping the old approach for the boys with good ballet training, and the old school technique on quads and 3a which is maybe not good for consistency but certainly more accurate and judges have to reward a better jump.

It doesn't work that much that Eteri hasworld junior champion, reigning russian junior champion and Egor's free skate was definitely among the best three free programs among boys at test skates, c'mon. Incomparison with the world Eteri's boys are definitely not as significant as her girls now, but in comparison with other russian juniors they are definitely among the strongest.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
According to Mishin, Lutfullin had a food poisoning and didn't feel well before his SP.
According to Buyanova, Danielyan had back pains last season because of his growth sprout, which messed up his spins (or spinning). She said they will try to catch up and include quads, he's got a 4 sal, which they plan to jump (I suppose she meant to include in his programs).

starla16

Medalist
Samarin is like an upgraded Jeremy Abbott, tall and lanky but without the skating skills
difference is he likes rock ballads, and can actually land quads

Orlov

Medalist
Eteri is trying to apply the exact same methods they did with girls to boys, so far it is not working: yes less talents, the injuries but results are not as good, we'll see with Samsonov.

Far-reaching conclusions, on one unsuccessful performance.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Just wondering there’s not a fan fest for Egor Rukhin yet is there? Cause I’ll make one.
Edit: just made one [emoji4]

gmyers

Record Breaker

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
He was doing great all season until all elites of skating said he had no talent after he almost won euros. Then he collapsed! He needed time to recover from that enormous emotional injury. He now has to learn to deal with all elites of skating saying he has no talent.

I know I will sound as a heretic now but with all respect to Fernandez I think Samarin should have won Euros.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JGP France
Rukhin has replaced Kunitsa

JGP Latvia
Main
Samsonov
Mozalev

Subs
DANIELIAN
GUMENNIK
KOVALEV
KUNITSA
KUTOVOI
LUTFULLIN
RUKHIN
VETLUGIN

Well Latvia was made less competitive with Grassl withdrawal. Still is the toughest one so far but the Russian guys should manage well I think.