KUNITSA
LUTFULLIN
MOZALEV
RUKHIN
SAMSONOV

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Samsonov is on the cover of Moscow skater (that's 3 in a row for the guys!!!)
Hope in our eyes
Daniil Samsonov: “I want to go into the history of figure skating”
pgs 18-23, interview with his mother pgs 24-25, lots of pics included
Can use google/bing for translation :)

Thanks for the link.

Nice interviews they are. Good magazine too, more reading to be done, trying to catch up, to get all that information ....

Still waiting for a Samsonov interview from Test Skates, but since he didn't do well, he was perhaps passed by, which might be for the best.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JGP Poland entries

Main:
LUTFULLIN
RUKHIN

Subs:
DANIELIAN
KUNITSA
KUTOVOI
MOZALEV
SAMSONOV
YABLOKOV

Kunitsa has also been added to the Moscow tournament scheduled to start in 2 weeks.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
How is the competition in JGP boys, are the young Russians the standouts like the girls, or is competition from other federations stronger in the boys?

I don't know if you can see competition thread, AlexRus made a scale according to results up to this time, according to which Kutovoi is potentially strongest (but he is also among the youngest) and Rukhin 6th. But some of the competitiors didn't skate internationally yet so only national score is counted (e. g. both US boys didn't compete internationally yet) and some had only one int. competition like Rukhin and if his best national score would be counted, he would have been around the first place too. Both should be among the best but we will see, I personally know only a few of the juniors and potentially strongest non-russians are Gorodnitsky from Israel and Kagiyama from Japan.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is the competition in JGP boys, are the young Russians the standouts like the girls, or is competition from other federations stronger in the boys?

Well it's a good event for Kutovoi and Rukhin as the competition is lower compared to the other JGPs. Based off summer comps (and last year) Kagiyama, Kovler, and Gorodnitsky, I would say in that order are the main competitors. Admittedly, I'm unfamiliar with the Americans since neither were on the JGP last season. So I can see no Russian, 1 or both on the podium. Junior boys are unpredictable.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

always a surprise :biggrin: junior men are unpredictable and often a mess

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
always a surprise :biggrin: junior men are unpredictable and often a mess

Especially when they start adding quads! JrW, those were some painful falls and people who were expected to challenge were far from the podium. Unpredictable, yes :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So one might conclude too many quads too soon? I.e. not 100% stable and reliable but deemed an acceptable risk given 'the competition'.

When the boys grow into strong young men it will settle down a little, and indeed quads become like a natural jump for many of them.