Matteo Rizzo | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Matteo Rizzo

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I am just so happy happy happy happy that Matteo is skating to Andrea Bocelli's music!! (I love Matteo, I love Andrea, I love Italian music)
Matteo announced it in his q&a IG story. There were other questions, but not that new or important.... about his favourite japanese food, anime... About Daniel: Matteo answered that Daniel is a great guy and together they will lift Italian skating again. That the first week after returning on the ice felt weird, but now everything is ok, that he trains five days a week, five hours a day, that he doesn't speak Spanish, that his favourite jump now is the loop, that unfortunately he won't be able to train at TCC this year...
And about his favourite skater he said this. And this is especially heartwarming :love:

my boys!!!! :luv17:

Yeah I listened to it today. I think this music suits Matteo. It will be interesting to see what competitions are held, how often we see it. And surely he can't wear a mustard colored turtleneck with this one right? Lol

maybe he'll go for beige... or grey melange:scard7:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Matteo's FP, the Greatest Showman per Instastories
"From now on" is one of the choices (certainly can't be the only one...)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nebelhorn FP
So JW18 is broadcasting at the same time and I still like his Beatles program the best, same with the SP....

Tomorrow Ted should be talking about Matteo's FP at JW18 since he finished 3rd overall. I hope he has good things to say about Matteo 🥰 Link:

Don't forget about the interview! Lots of Matteo this weekend! JW18 exhibition is on Sunday!

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i hope he'll be in a better shape than his challenger, the field is not the easiest

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Matteo has left Franca Biaconi. It makes sense to me, as he seems to have peeked at Universiade and not been able to reclaim his momentum. His skating skills are divine as usual, he just needs to work jump consistency and choreography - which could be improved with a coaching change.

icetug

Medalist
Lorenzo Magri for one...

It's possible he will switch country end up at TCC.

Or maybe... Plushenko😂😂
Magri is Grassl and Frangipani's coach so I don't see Matteo switching to him.
If he needs a great choreo, De Bernardis is a solution.
TCC is out of the reach right now, but there is always Michael Huth in Oberstdorf. Or maybe... Khrushtalnyi ;)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If TCC is out of reach so is Eteri. He wouldn't have any ice in Moscow, figure skating schools are closed unless you are on the Russian national team. Plushenko may be affected, maybe not but either so they both have a lot of students.

Is there someone local or in Italy? Well not Magri. Huth is close. Not familiar with De Bernardis. Bad timing with the pandemic.

ETA: Angelina Turenko just moved to Italy but she hasn't been successful with guys as of yet.

Last edited:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
If TCC is out of reach so is Eteri. He wouldn't have any ice in Moscow, figure skating schools are closed unless you are on the Russian national team. Plushenko may be affected, maybe not but either so they both have a lot of students.

Is there someone local or in Italy? Well not Magri. Huth is close. Not familiar with De Bernardis. Bad timing with the pandemic.

ETA: Angelina Turenko just moved to Italy but she hasn't been successful with guys as of yet.
Yes, the Plushenko thing was more a joke than anything else.

I think Matteo needs mental work more than anything. I'm sure Valter Rizzo is fully capable of the choreography side, and Matteo is capable of jumping the technical content.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, the Plushenko thing was more a joke than anything else.

I think Matteo needs mental work more than anything. I'm sure Valter Rizzo is fully capable of the choreography side, and Matteo is capable of jumping the technical content.

I don't know Matteo like that to say he needs mental work, but tech help is obviously needed.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I don't know Matteo like that to say he needs mental work, but tech help is obviously needed.
Every skater who can do the jumps in practice but not competition needs mental work.
Matteo can land 4T and 4Lo. So he needs mental work in order for him to be able to gain consistency, as well as be good to perform them in competition.

That's why Mishin was right move for Kolyada - he was landing amazing quads with his old coach but they didn't do as much mental work within the skating.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I agree Matteo needs mental work before everything else, but leaving Franca was probably a good call. Lambiel could do good to him too and it's close enough. i can't think of enybody in Italy, Magri is already coaching his competition