Matteo Rizzo | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Matteo Rizzo

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He indicated on IG that he's also going to the US, and put a checkmark beside one response of Toronto/South Carolina. South Carolina would likely mean Shae-Lynn choreo. So potentially a SP by Shae? I guess it could be an ex too.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
now i can't wait to see the result of all of this next season: learning from the best+ Shae Lyn Choreo

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
He just confirmed that he is going to Charleston. So choreo by Shae-Lynn. I am so excited to see the program they come up with.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
thank you! indeed it looks good...but the big "i told you" is quite distracting :laugh::laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for just "dropping in" with a question -- but is there any hint / talk of Matteo switching his training base to The Cricket Club?

icetug

Medalist
Sorry for just "dropping in" with a question -- but is there any hint / talk of Matteo switching his training base to The Cricket Club?

I've heard only TSL talking about it... No mention about it in his recent interview. Matteo's father was with him at Lombardia (but it doesn't prove anything, I'm afraid, as it was held at his home rink). I think we can only know anything (if any) after Nepela, during GP competitions...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It may be that TSL has heard some talk about him moving more permanently (I don't think he has so far), or it may be that it's just an assumption/confusion from Matteo training a TCC a bit this summer. It wasn't said with a lot of certainty.

Anyways, I don't think he is at this point, but it's always possible that he might in the future - and having spent some time there already means there is a relationship. If he liked it, we could see him come for longer next summer, at the very least.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx for your responses. I remember he did some training at TCC, but I didn't recall anything after that where he was going to move there permanently. I suppose anything is possible. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. He seems like he's doing well right where he s right now!

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I just wanted to say how incredibly happy I'm that I saw Matteo skating live at Nepela Memorial. He was the main reason why I decided to go ;) I love his FP, maybe the SP will grow on me thorough the season. I was so nervous before and during the FP because to me he seemed very uncomfortable during the warm-up... But he's second, it's amazing (I think it's the best he could do after Dima's brilliant short).
Let me just dream about seeing this podium at Europeans :love:
And shame on you, organizers, not for not having real flags and using stick-on flags on the screen but for making Matteo Hungarian?! Luckily Matteo laughed about it and I raised the correct and real flag for him in the audience :biggrin: