Karina Manta on body image and love | Golden Skate

Karina Manta on body image and love

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
American Ice Dancer Karina Manta's essay on body image and love, including her struggle with eating disorders while skating, will be published as part of the New York Times "Modern Love" series:

I Can't Hate My Body If I Love Hers

A beautiful, open and well written essay. Congrats, Karina! :clap:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I should also say that I am really hoping this is the Modern Love in the dead tree Times this Sunday, I like that column anyway, so now I can look forward to re reading it:biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Lovely! I think there should be more articles like this about how you don't need to be in perfect shape, or that your skin or hair need to be flawless, and of course perfect make up. The society pressure to always look run away models, is ridiculous. There is beauty in everyone, no matter what we look like. And we certainly don't need to look 'perfect' to be loved :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I should also say that I am really hoping this is the Modern Love in the dead tree Times this Sunday, I like that column anyway, so now I can look forward to re reading it:biggrin:

ICYMI:

Today's hard-copy NYT has a special section devoted to the Modern Love college essay contest.
(True at least for the NYT edition printed in California.)

Karina's essay is printed on p. 6 of the hard-copy section.​

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ICYMI:

Today's hard-copy NYT has a special section devoted to the Modern Love college essay contest.
(True at least for the NYT edition printed in California.)

Karina's essay is printed on p. 6 of the hard-copy section.​

Thank you!:thank:

Karina's essay was also printed in the Sunday Styles the Sunday after I posted. (one benefit of being an hour and change from NYC is that we get the actual New York print version of the Times, including the Metropolitan section.;)). I'm glad to see it's there again.

Last edited: