Senior Ladies Ranking predictions: 2019-2020 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Ranking predictions: 2019-2020

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if Samodurova made it to GPF again:biggrin:
Besides her incredible consistency, the girl seems to have an incredible high rate of favourable circumstances in competions (for those who don't like to talk about luck). And this since her junior days.
During her last junior season, she finished 1st at her first JGP (the only time that Tarakanova bombed her free in intl competition), 1st at her 2nd JGP (the only time that Kostornaya received an UR call in intl competition). In JGP not so much favourable circumstances since everyone was near clean so she finished last.
But despite not winning a big medal in juniors or making the world team, she gets two GP, and what weak GPs. Made it to GPF. Tuktamysheva is sick so didn't compete at nats (now that's real luck for Samodurova. Because if Tukt had been there, things could have been very different for Samodurova). As the 3rd senior at nats, she's sent to euros where Zagitova bombs her free for the first time in intl competition (yes, the first time. Because all her previous skates where clean or had only one obvious mistake. And they would have been more than enough to win). So Samodurova wins euros., makes the world team. Unfortunately there is too much near clean skates at worlds so she finishes 8th.

She does nothing special and has a low potential scoring, but that consistency and well aligned stars are dangerous.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Based on last season average scores favorites to medal are Zagitova (RUS), Kihira (JPN) and Trusova (RUS) with 220+ mean score. In top 5 we have Myahara (JPN) and Tuktamysheva (RUS) with 210 score. Rounding up top 10 - Kostornaia (RUS), Mihara (JPN), Sakamoto (JPN), Medvedeva (RUS) and Tennell (USA) with 200+ score. With also 200+ mean are Samodurova (RUS), Scherbakova (RUS) and Tursunbayeva (KAZ). Of course things are changing from season to season, but for pre-season expectations we should consider those skaters to play a big role this season too.

AidenAiena

Rinkside
As the 3rd senior at nats, she's sent to euros where Zagitova bombs her free for the first time in intl competition (yes, the first time. Because all her previous skates where clean or had only one obvious mistake. And they would have been more than enough to win).

Didn't Zagitova fall 3 times in her 2018 Worlds FS?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Didn't Zagitova fall 3 times in her 2018 Worlds FS?

I should have said "for the first time in intl competition THAT SEASON", as it wasn't clear.

I should have even said "the only time in intl competition that season"

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
I've seen a number of clips with her 3A-it is looking good. I predict she will be just under Rika next year, given that time with Eteri has improved her speed and flow. The 3A is going to be the make or break jump (I think) next year, given that it can be done in the short. That puts Rika and LilBet ahead of the rest. My prediction for next year is:

1) Rika (way ahead of the rest) and then:

2) Lilbet
3) Scherbakova
4) Trusova
5) Kostornaia

I feel like ting cui can be a high intender too. but sad is injured. I hope she gets well soon becuase her kating skills knocks everyone out of the park!!

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Besides her incredible consistency, the girl seems to have an incredible high rate of favourable circumstances in competions (for those who don't like to talk about luck). And this since her junior days.
During her last junior season, she finished 1st at her first JGP (the only time that Tarakanova bombed her free in intl competition), 1st at her 2nd JGP (the only time that Kostornaya received an UR call in intl competition). In JGP not so much favourable circumstances since everyone was near clean so she finished last.
But despite not winning a big medal in juniors or making the world team, she gets two GP, and what weak GPs. Made it to GPF. Tuktamysheva is sick so didn't compete at nats (now that's real luck for Samodurova. Because if Tukt had been there, things could have been very different for Samodurova). As the 3rd senior at nats, she's sent to euros where Zagitova bombs her free for the first time in intl competition (yes, the first time. Because all her previous skates where clean or had only one obvious mistake. And they would have been more than enough to win). So Samodurova wins euros., makes the world team. Unfortunately there is too much near clean skates at worlds so she finishes 8th.

She does nothing special and has a low potential scoring, but that consistency and well aligned stars are dangerous.

I don’t think she will make the final this year unless she inserts and is successful with that 3A she was training :( there is too much competition moving up. The only time her FS score went above 138 was at Euros and same with her SP going over 70. One of my IG friends was at a camp with her and apparently she gained 18kgs, was injured and couldn’t jump (in a recent video of her new SP she struggled with 3F and popped the next triple) I really hope she is fine come September because I’d hate to see her lose her consistency. Anyway, it’ll be just too unpredictable this season

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Wild surprise predictions this season

Higuchi will be the best Japanese lady.
A Russian girl gets injured :)sad4:) and Gubanova gets two GP spots
Tuktamysheva has a terrible season :sad4:
Mariah Bell wins US nationals and 4C
Kihira gets more consistent with her 3A but loses her other jumps
Konstantinova makes the GPF
Trusova's quads loses consistency