Dream Choreographers for Skaters (Past or Present) | Golden Skate

Dream Choreographers for Skaters (Past or Present)

tokoyami

On the Ice
[[Apologies if someone already opened up a similar thread]]

But yeah what is yall's dream skater/choreographer pair up?

Mine would be Present Day Yuzuru with either Kenji Miyamoto, Nanami Abe, Richaud Benoit, the guy who did Keegan's FS - Lance something? or Jeff Buttle (for his FS this time)

I'd send Shoma to get a program done by Stephane Lambiel or maybe Jeffrey Buttle. Misha Ge may be a good look on him too....

What are your's?? Go wild! Shoma with Averbukh?? I'd be willing to see that

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Misha Ge for Kevin Aymoz.
Stephane Lambiel or Benoit Richaud for Jason Brown.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
[[Apologies if someone already opened up a similar thread]]

But yeah what is yall's dream skater/choreographer pair up?

Mine would be Present Day Yuzuru with either Kenji Miyamoto, Nanami Abe, Richaud Benoit, the guy who did Keegan's FS - Lance something? or Jeff Buttle (for his FS this time)

I'd send Shoma to get a program done by Stephane Lambiel or maybe Jeffrey Buttle. Misha Ge may be a good look on him too....

What are your's?? Go wild! Shoma with Averbukh?? I'd be willing to see that

Lance Vipond: He has choreographed for many, esp Canadian skaters. Kaetlyn Osmond being one.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua for Jason. This will always be my wish.

I should have liked to see Buttle with Max, or Joshua with Max.

tokoyami

On the Ice
Lance Vipond: He has choreographed for many, esp Canadian skaters. Kaetlyn Osmond being one.

Yes! If Yuzuru ever did a comedic or lighthearted program I'd want it done by Lance for sure, I just love what he's done with Keegs

Joshua for Jason. This will always be my wish.

I should have liked to see Buttle with Max, or Joshua with Max.

JButt just does such a good job of bringing out the innate musicality in his skaters, would've loved to see a Max/JB collab

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Daniil Gleikhengauz for Yuzu. I love his usual choreographers so much that I have no idea what I'd even want to see, but yeah. :laugh: Maybe an EX, and he can alternate with one by his usuals.

Misha Ge or Shae-Lynn Bourne or Jeffrey Buttle for Elizabet Tursynbaeva. :love:

Well, okay, Misha Ge or Shae-Lynn Bourne or Jeffrey Buttle for anyone, really. Play favorites? Who, me? :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes! If Yuzuru ever did a comedic or lighthearted program I'd want it done by Lance for sure, I just love what he's done with Keegs

Much of that is just Keegan's natural personality.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene for Donovan Carrillo.

although actually, that's too easy for both of them, since I think they would mesh.;). I would love to see any American man not named Jason to take on the challenge of a Rohene program. I think it could be fascinating.:yes:

(and yes, Tomoki has already done that, and I loved those programs, but Tomoki's performance quotient wasn't where it is now. So I'd even like to see him try again).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene with Donovan or Tomoki would be awesome. I think Rohene could really bring out the performance skills of Tomoki.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene with Donovan or Tomoki would be awesome. I think Rohene could really bring out the performance skills of Tomoki.

When Tomoki did have Rohene programs in 2017, he just didn't have the performance skills he has now, he was of course younger, and you could see he was just struggling to incorporate the Rohene-ness;) I loved the choreography for his FS "Last of the Mohicans" then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cci04JsahrU

I think *now* Tomoki has improved to the point where he could truly master it. And I would be here for it:biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I would love to see, and I posted this years earlier in this forum, Tatsuki Machida choreograph for Yuzuru. Yuzuru has both the technical and artistic ability to fulfill Tatsuki's grand and exacting vision.

Jeffrey Buttle for Jason. They have often been compared in terms of artistry and musicality. I think Jeff can make Jason smoulder.

Tom Dickson for Kaori Sakamoto and Wakaba Higuchi for programs where jumps are well incorporated.

Shae Lynn Bourne or Jeffrey for Mai Mihara so she can break the "princessy" mold.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sarah Kawahara for Nathan Chen or Tuk.

I'd also like to see what Rohene could do for Zhao.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If we're talking about someone to take on a Rohene program, I would like to see him with Nicolas Nadeau. For a US man, I'd be interested to see Andrew Torgashev try him.

Tom Dickson or Jeff Buttle for Evgenia Medvedeva and Alena Kostornaya.

For Jason Brown, Jeff Buttle or John Zimmerman.

I'd also like to see Hubble/Donohue with Charlie White.

lappo

Final Flight
In the past Yuna Kim was rumored to be getting choreo from Shae Lynn...I wish we could have seen this combo and, in general, Yuna working with someone other than DW.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mao Asada to Tom Dickson. TAT's choreos were empty most of the time. And Dickson isn't known for making empty programs.
Yuzuru to Antonio Najarro for a flamenco program

Claudalie

Rinkside
Mao Asada to Tom Dickson. TAT's choreos were empty most of the time. And Dickson isn't known for making empty programs.
Yuzuru to Antonio Najarro for a flamenco program

Masquerade suite is considered Asada's best program and that was choreographed by TAT :) All programs Choreo-ed by TAT were considered Mao's top programs, so it's a mystery why they are empty ...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Masquerade suite is considered Asada's best program and that was choreographed by TAT :) All programs Choreo-ed by TAT were considered Mao's top programs, so it's a mystery why they are empty ...

By who? Professionals i guess?
Well it's a mystery for you, i understand...
But not for me. It's my opinion. Most of TAT's programs were empty. I'm glad you disagree.

Claudalie

Rinkside
By who? Professionals i guess?
Well it's a mystery for you, i understand...
But not for me. It's my opinion. Most of TAT's programs were empty. I'm glad you disagree.

You guessed correctly - Professionals as vs to amateurs. It's easy to open the info on Asada's achievements and her program rankings to see what I mean but then again, there is no accounting to taste. I am glad our tastes differ...