2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Slightly :eek:topic: but if you aren’t sick of musicals yet (!) it is currently BFI Musicals season at a lot of independent cinemas across the UK just now if anyone wants to see some of the musicals we’ve been listening to on the ice on the big screen instead!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^
Thanks for the heads up! I definitely want to see Kiss Me Kate if it’s on.

I think it’s his first time at Euros, I hope he has fun!

I can’t imagine him not having fun anywhere he goes!

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Guys and Dolls is on at Sheffield Crucible, for anyone wanting some Javi nostalgia.... it's a fabulous production, too.

lizzyelephant

Spectator
Hi Ruthiepegs....this is Liz.....we met at torino grand prix! Finally made it on here....turned out I was already registered but haven't been on here since registering! Have tried adding you as a friend...hopefully here from you! Liz

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi Ruthiepegs....this is Liz.....we met at torino grand prix! Finally made it on here....turned out I was already registered but haven't been on here since registering! Have tried adding you as a friend...hopefully here from you! Liz

Hi Liz - great to hear from you - I've sent you a private message.

Miller

Final Flight
Just to let everyone know the inaugural Britannia Cup incorporating the British Synchronized Skating Championships http://iceskating.org.uk/index.cfm/...p-nottingham-england-11th-13th-january-2020/# will be on the BBC Red Button (Sky channel 981) this weekend and Monday. Programme times are Saturday 5.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m., Sunday 3.30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Monday 10.30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

How the programmes quite fit in with the schedule http://iceskating.org.uk/is/assets/File/TIMETABLE.pdf, I'm not so sure, except for Monday which clearly looks to be live - I would guess the others will be time delayed, but it's good to have it to be sure.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Graham Newberry is about to skate in Poland. If anyone has a season pass come over and chat with everyone!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Stephane Lambiel said today that Luke Digby is planning to switch to pairs but he hasn't got a partner yet.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Stephane Lambiel said today that Luke Digby is planning to switch to pairs but he hasn't got a partner yet.

Is that so? I wish him all the best. It’s been heartbreaking seeing his injuries.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For those of you that are interested in Synchronised Skating, the BBC’s coverage of the inaugural Britannia Cup starts in an hour from now on the Red Button channel and on the following page on the website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/50999892

It’ll be interesting to see who they get on commentary. Will it be Claire Youdale again and, if so, will she be as clueless about Synchro as she is about the other categories?

I’m not really into Synchro, so all being well I’ll be watching the Pattern Dances in the Toruń Cup instead. The only British representation in Toruń tonight is from Ashlie SLATTER / Atl ONGAY-PEREZ, who are competing in the Intermediate Novice category. The first Pattern Dance competition is due to start in 45 minutes from now.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

BBC Red Button 1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 601 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 981 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC (All times GMT)

Saturday 11[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2020
BBC RB1 17:30 – 21:30 Day 1

Sunday 12[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2020
BBC RB1 15:30 – 19:00 Day 2

Monday 13[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2020
BBC RB1 10:30 – 13:00 Day 3

GiGi23

Rinkside
some info about irish skating...

the board of the ISAI is voluntary, the two people mentioned are both on it as far as I know alongside Clara Peters' mother, two other members of the skating community and a development officer who i believe is involved with Lee Valley rink. Edward Alton is married to Anastasia Kuzmina and they both coach in Belfast. Sophia Tkacheva lives the furthest from the rink and is the most advanced of the skaters still training in Ireland since Conor Stakelum moved to Dundee. Should be a few for junior ladies at nationals as the Condon girls have recently started competing under an Irish club and Robyn Foster is due to move up as far as i know.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Thank you for the information! I’d love to see more Irish junior skaters.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Drat! :mad:

After finding out this morning that Lucy Hancock and Billy Wilson French had split (I posted about it in the splits thread earlier), now I have found out that Phebe Bekker and Theo Alexander have split too! :drama:

Nationals was the first time I had seen Phebe and Theo, and I was really impressed by them. So this has just come as a real shock to me.

some info about irish skating...

the board of the ISAI is voluntary, the two people mentioned are both on it as far as I know alongside Clara Peters' mother, two other members of the skating community and a development officer who i believe is involved with Lee Valley rink. Edward Alton is married to Anastasia Kuzmina and they both coach in Belfast. Sophia Tkacheva lives the furthest from the rink and is the most advanced of the skaters still training in Ireland since Conor Stakelum moved to Dundee. Should be a few for junior ladies at nationals as the Condon girls have recently started competing under an Irish club and Robyn Foster is due to move up as far as i know.

I was so impressed with Elizabeth Golding when she made her Junior GP debut at the start of the season. I had heard bits and pieces about her over the past few years, but was actually shocked with how good she was when I finally saw her.

So, given that I had been hearing a lot more things about Sophia than I had been about Elizabeth, I am really looking forward to when she comes into Juniors full time too.

And if all these other girls also move into the Junior Ladies field, I have to say that the future is looking very exciting for Irish Ladies skating.

Thanks for mentioning Edward Alton. It's been years since I heard anything about him (took a double take when I saw the name of his wife! There is a successful Biathlete who has been using that same name since she got married a few years ago). Good to hear that he is still involved in the sport. (Wish Tameron was too, but she has found success in a different field).

I got a real surprise when I was watching the Toruń Cup the other week and discovered that 2 of the Hegartys are now competing together in Ice Dance.

It looks like Laura and Kevin must be doing both Singles and Ice Dance this season, because in the autumn they were both competing in Singles at Skate Southern, the Volvo Open, and the Narva Cup.

Laura Hegarty Rink Results Bio
Kevin Hegarty Rink Results Bio

Do you know if they plan to continue doing both? Or if they are just trying Ice Dance out this season to see how it goes, before deciding at the end of the season how to proceed.

I have to say, the thought of an Irish partnership in Ice Dance is pretty exciting, because figure skating on this island has pretty much been focussed on Singles skating. Sure, we had Tameron and Edward in Pairs up here, but I can't think of any other partnerships in either category from this island.

Any word on the Ice Dome...?

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What happened to PJ? He almost made the free at Worlds last year. Not so close this year. And I thought his skating had been improving?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It has been but he messed up that spin. Imo he’d have made it through with the PCS increase a clean program gets.

Such is life.