2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Graham Newberry, Danielle Harrison and Karly Robertson are all competing today in Slovakia. Good luck!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Graham Newberry, Danielle Harrison and Karly Robertson are all competing today in Slovakia. Good luck!

After the Ladies SP:

Karly Robertson (SCO) is 9[SUP]th[/SUP] with 50.03
Aleksandra Golovkina (LTU) is 15[SUP]th[/SUP] with 44.42
Danielle Harrison (ENG) is 16[SUP]th[/SUP] with 44.05

Alika and Danni are continuing the trend from the British competitions of being very close to each other. But, the significant thing is that Alika fell twice, whereas Danni didn't fall (nor did Karly, for that matter).

In terms of the British season, this is kinda concerning for fans of Danni, and encouraging for fans of Alika. (And confusing for people like me that fall into both camps! :laugh: ) Because when Alika does go clean, she should be a good bit ahead of Danni.

It should also be noted that the gaps between each skater from 8[SUP]th[/SUP] downwards are very small. So, there is plenty of room for movement in the FS.

So, it'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Danni’s jumps weren’t there but it’s nice to see the judges recognised her last spin was stellar!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
^

Me too! 6th after the short is great all things considered. Hopefully he has a clean Free. I really hope this is the season he brings his 4S...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watched the Ladies FS from the Nepela Memorial delayed this afternoon, and there was indeed a lot of movement. But not the way I expected.

Ladies FS scores:

Aleksandra Golovkina (LTU) was 12[SUP]th[/SUP] with 86.95
Karly Robertson (SCO) was 13[SUP]th[/SUP] with 84.57
Danielle Harrison (ENG) was 15[SUP]th[/SUP] with 78.99

Which meant that they finished:

Karly Robertson (SCO) was 12[SUP]th[/SUP] with 134.60
Aleksandra Golovkina (LTU) was 13[SUP]th[/SUP] with 131.37
Danielle Harrison (ENG) was 16[SUP]th[/SUP] with 123.04

That was a real disaster of a FS from Karly. 4 falls! :eek: And whereas the first three falls were on jumps, the last one was very odd. She was just gliding along in a straight line, and managed to trip over herself. But, although she dropped down a few places, her score in the SP was enough to keep her as the first of the girls from British clubs.

Alika also had a fall and, to quote our PBP poster sequinsgalore, "some messy landings". But, on the whole, I thought she did very well.

Although she didn't fall, Danni was also having problems with her landings. But, I'll be honest, although I agree with her being lower than Alika in the FS, I wouldn't have had her that much lower.

I hope that there are lots more competitions over the next few months where as many skaters as possible out of Natasha, Karly, Danni and Alika get to compete against each other. Because I am enjoying watching how they are progressing compared to each other in the run up to Nationals.

(Of course, I realise that Alika will be competing in her own Nationals. But, it is still interesting watching her progression in relation to the skaters that she is up against on the British domestic competition scene).

EDIT: Oops! :eek:: I knew that there was somebody significant that I forgot to mention in my list above of skaters who I want to see competing against each other in the run up to Nationals. So, thank you to DSQ for reminding me that it was Nina. And sorry to Nina for missing her out. :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It was such a shame about Karly but like you said she still has the second highest total score of all the senior ladies so far this season after Nina Povey.

Graham Newberry had a stellar FS and was the third highest scored in his spins in the FS out of all the skaters. He’s now has beaten PJ’s total score from Lombardia by almost 3.4 points and came 6th. Nationals is going to be very interesting. I wonder where they’re all, including the ladies, going to compete next?

I do know that team Ireland will be at Nebelhorn, both Connor and Sam McAllister will be competing! Plus Fear and Gibson!

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Watched the Ladies FS from the Nepela Memorial delayed this afternoon, and there was indeed a lot of movement. But not the way I expected.

Ladies FS scores:

Aleksandra Golovkina (LTU) was 12[SUP]th[/SUP] with 86.95
Karly Robertson (SCO) was 13[SUP]th[/SUP] with 84.57
Danielle Harrison (ENG) was 15[SUP]th[/SUP] with 78.99

Which meant that they finished:

Karly Robertson (SCO) was 12[SUP]th[/SUP] with 134.60
Aleksandra Golovkina (LTU) was 13[SUP]th[/SUP] with 131.37
Danielle Harrison (ENG) was 16[SUP]th[/SUP] with 123.04

That was a real disaster of a FS from Karly. 4 falls! :eek: And whereas the first three falls were on jumps, the last one was very odd. She was just gliding along in a straight line, and managed to trip over herself. But, although she dropped down a few places, her score in the SP was enough to keep her as the first of the girls from British clubs.

Alika also had a fall and, to quote our PBP poster sequinsgalore, "some messy landings". But, on the whole, I thought she did very well.

Although she didn't fall, Danni was also having problems with her landings. But, I'll be honest, although I agree with her being lower than Alika in the FS, I wouldn't have had her that much lower.

I hope that there are lots more competitions over the next few months where as many skaters as possible out of Natasha, Karly, Danni and Alika get to compete against each other. Because I am enjoying watching how they are progressing compared to each other in the run up to Nationals.

(Of course, I realise that Alika will be competing in her own Nationals. But, it is still interesting watching her progression in relation to the skaters that she is up against on the British domestic competition scene).

CaroLiza_fan
Labas [emoji847]
I am so proud of Alika for yesterday and today, yup there were a few falls and some messy landings but overall I'm feeling pretty good about her programmes. I'm so disappointed I couldn't watch it live as I am away camping with school and the signal is very strange! Most if the time there is nothing and then at some random points there'll be 4G for like a minute [emoji23] but I managed to watch both her programmes tonight. I think that if Alex beat Danielle when Alex had falls and Danni didn't, if Alex skates clean at some point this season, she may surprise us all. She may even beat Karly at some point. Karly and Alika were very close with their scores at the Tayside Trophy so who knows what might happen [emoji16]
Yeah, Alex will indeed be competing at Lithuanian nationals, they are in December in Kaunas, Lithuania and she says she is pretty sure that at nationals she will find out if she can go to Europeans again in January 2020.
Well done Alex for this competition, you did great and I'm really proud of you. Keep working hard, doing what you love and believing in yourself [emoji173] We all believe in you!! See you on Saturday! Iki pasimatymo Alika [emoji119][emoji1151][emoji173][emoji960][emoji8]

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Graham Newberry had a stellar FS and was the third highest scored in his spins in the FS out of all the skaters. He’s now has beaten PJ’s total score from Lombardia by almost 3.4 points and came 6th. Nationals is going to be very interesting.

I just got caught up on Graham's FS and had to come over to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching him skate both programs - he's really coming into himself, you can see it in how he moves and how much more confidently he handles it when things go wrong. What a great start to the season for him! Hope it continues to get even better. He and PJ must be having fun challenging each other.

And Fear/Waddell did very nicely in Gdansk, I see - I haven't seen their FD yet but am about to go catch up.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just got caught up on Graham's FS and had to come over to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching him skate both programs - he's really coming into himself, you can see it in how he moves and how much more confidently he handles it when things go wrong. What a great start to the season for him! Hope it continues to get even better. He and PJ must be having fun challenging each other.

And Fear/Waddell did very nicely in Gdansk, I see - I haven't seen their FD yet but am about to go catch up.

Fear and Waddell have definitely progressed and are skating with more confidence, but he wears this glove on only one hand in both the RD and FD and I find it enormously distracting. It's funny how little things like that pull focus.

bytheriver

On the Ice
Fear and Waddell have definitely progressed and are skating with more confidence, but he wears this glove on only one hand in both the RD and FD and I find it enormously distracting. It's funny how little things like that pull focus.

I agree he should wear two gloves, but after their incident at the previous JGP with him bleeding in the middle and getting blood all over himself and Sasha, I completely understand why he is wearing one. He probably doesn’t like the gloves and is only wearing them out of necessity. I hope he heals up soon!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agree he should wear two gloves, but after their incident at the previous JGP with him bleeding in the middle and getting blood all over himself and Sasha, I completely understand why he is wearing one. He probably doesn’t like the gloves and is only wearing them out of necessity. I hope he heals up soon!

I'd forgotten about him cutting himself. He may still have stitches in and be wearing the glove to protect them.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
That was so grim there was blood everywhere. I’m glad they had a more successful competition this time. Their Character Step Sequence was lovely and the one foot lift looked great.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Please can someone tell me all the results for the whole of the senior ladies section? Thankss

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Please can someone tell me all the results for the whole of the senior ladies section? Thankss

Here's the Entries / Results Page for the Ondrej Nepela Memorial:

http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2019_2020/20190920_mon/

Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols
Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Senior Ladies: Results

By the way, since you didn't get to see it LIVE, I wanted to let you know that I have already updated the Original Post of Aleksandra's Fan Fest, and it now includes a video of her SP from the Nepela Memorial. Unfortunately, the FS video hasn't been uploaded yet. :disapp:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So Fear & Gibson along side Nette & Westwood who train at Ally Pally and of course special mentions Hawayek & Baker and Smart & Diaz will all be competing at Nebelhorn! Helpfully AlexRus has organised the teams by SB:

Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 189.87
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN CAN 189.36
Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO USA 188.47
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 184.09
Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP 181.51
Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 173.89
Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU 168.06

It’ll be interesting to see how the actual results compare. I think if F&G can sneak a bronze medal they’d be on track for doing really well this season. Let’s hope for a more successful Rhythm Dance than at ACI!

In the Men’s Sam McAllister and Conor Stakelum are both competing in a very competitive field. For both I’m hopeful that they can get their minimums for Worlds this season so we can see a flag from everyone in Montreal!

I just realised at Nepola Graham Newberry was just one point off getting his FS minimums for Worlds and he had a one point deduction for a fall, so close!

pesto

On the Ice
That looks like a quality dance field, with a lot of very closely-matched teams, with different styles. Should be a very interesting competition.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Especially the H&B and FB&S, who wins here will be very interesting.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So Fear & Gibson along side Nette & Westwood who train at Ally Pally and of course special mentions Hawayek & Baker and Smart & Diaz will all be competing at Nebelhorn! Helpfully AlexRus has organised the teams by SB:

It’ll be interesting to see how the actual results compare. I think if F&G can sneak a bronze medal they’d be on track for doing really well this season. Let’s hope for a more successful Rhythm Dance than at ACI!

Wow! They do have a good chance. Fingers crossed. :biggrin:

And thank you for mentioning Nette / Westwood, because I liked them at the Lombardia. And I didn't realise that they trained at Alexandra Palace, or that he was English. (Apologies to Eron and his former partners, but I can't say I've ever come across any of them before).

In the Men’s Sam McAllister and Conor Stakelum are both competing in a very competitive field. For both I’m hopeful that they can get their minimums for Worlds this season so we can see a flag from everyone in Montreal!

Sam is going to be kicking off the whole event!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Oh, it would be a dream to have a skater from Northern Ireland in the Majors again! :luv17: It has been a long 5 years since Jenna was at Worlds.

But, Conor had the advantage the last time they competed against each other at the Tayside Trophy. That said, for both of them Dundee was their first competition of the season, and Oberstdorf will be their second. So, you can't make any judgements yet about their form.

I just realised at Nepola Graham Newberry was just one point off getting his FS minimums for Worlds and he had a one point deduction for a fall, so close!

That is promising, so early in the season. I can see a very exciting battle emerging in the Men to see who gets to go to the Majors.

By the way, is Jack still skating? It has been a good while since I heard anything about him.

Anyway, all the best to all the skaters from the British Isles competing this weekend! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan