2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It has been but he messed up that spin. Imo he’d have made it through with the PCS increase a clean program gets.

Such is life.

Hopefully he’ll have a better skate at Worlds.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating

Is he definitely eligible for Worlds - has he met the TES requirement? I've been trying to find this information, but had no luck.

There was a list on this board, which of course I can’t find now, of Worlds eligible skaters. He was on the list. I found it. It is pinned to the top of the board.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is he definitely eligible for Worlds - has he met the TES requirement? I've been trying to find this information, but had no luck.

There was a list on this board, which of course I can’t find now, of Worlds eligible skaters. He was on the list.

Throughout the season, Nirti has been keeping track of who has achieved the minimums for each of the Majors in the original post of the "Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES" thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81581&p=2423601&viewfull=1#post2423601

Senior Worlds is the final table.

But, to save you the bother of scrolling down what is a very long post, here are the bits that are relevant for this thread:

As a reminder, each skater/pair has to earn minimum technical scores (TES) in order to be eligible to compete at ISU championships. These TES are the following and can be reached in 2 different events during both 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 season. They must be reached before December 30th for Europeans, January 14th for 4 Continents, February 10th for Junior Worlds and February 24th for Worlds.

WorldsEuros/4CJ. Worlds
SFSFSF
Men346428462342
Ladies305123402338
Pairs274425422334
Dance334728442337

I create this topic to provide an easy and quick view on which skater/pair meet which TES… And to have the possibility to update it easily.

The following tables list all the active skaters/pairs who have reached these minimum technical scores. When a name is written in italic, it means the skater/pair only reached one segment's score (S = Short program, R = rhytmic dance, F = Free program/dance).
Officially retired skaters or split pairs have been removed from the lists.
The lists will be updated after each weekend. Last update : 26/01/2020.

European/4 Continents championships

At this point of the season, the expected entries for the European championships are 38 men, 41 ladies, 21 pairs, 27 dance teams (Last season 37-36-11-25).
The expected entries for the 4 Continents championships are 28 men, 24 ladies, 13 pairs and 15 dance teams (Last season 25-22-8-12).

CountryMenLadiesPairsDance
GBRHallam, Newberry, Mattick (F)Harrison, McKay, Povey, Powell B, Robertson, Spours, Powell K (S)Jones/BoyadjiClarke/Roselli, Fear/Gibson, Tweedale/Buckland
IRLMcAllister, Stakelum

Junior World championships

At this point of the season, the expected entries for the Junior World championships are 41 men, 48 ladies, 18 pairs, 33 dance teams (Last season : 38-46-17-31).

GBRAppleby, Digby, Bray (S)Komova, Litvinenko (F), Somerville (F)Fear/Waddell, Gillies/Tarry, Hancock/Wilson-French, Rose Brown/Hernandez, Pallu-Neves/Roselli (F)

World championships

At this point of the season, the expected entries for the World championships are 33 men, 37 ladies, 25 pairs, 32 dance teams (Last season : 35-40-19-27).

GBRHallam, Newberry (S)McKay, Robertson, Povey (F), Spours (S)Jones/BoyadjiFear/Gibson, Tweedale/Buckland
IRLStakelum

So, to answer the question, PJ's all good! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

pesto

On the Ice
I was very pleased to see Lilah and Lewis grab a top 5 spot at Europeans. That is about as good as they could have possibly hoped for, seeing who finished in front of them.

Zoe and Chris put in a creditable performance.

Otherwise, I thought Europeans were slightly disappointing for GB skaters. Like PJ, Robynne and Joseph just missed making the free, Natasha just squeaked into the free, but made a lot of errors, and I thought looked a bit less energetic than her best.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Throughout the season, Nirti has been keeping track of who has achieved the minimums for each of the Majors in the original post of the "Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES" thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81581&p=2423601&viewfull=1#post2423601

Senior Worlds is the final table.

But, to save you the bother of scrolling down what is a very long post, here are the bits that are relevant for this thread:

So, to answer the question, PJ's all good! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you, CaroLiza_fan - PJ was skating/teaching at the public session at Sheffield rink on Wednesday, but I didn't want to ask him as (1) he was teaching and (2) I didn't want to make him feel bad if he wasn't going. So it's great to know he's still on course to go to Montreal. I only wish I had a ticket!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoot. I need to find someone who’s going to Worlds to throw him a stuffie for me. I love him!

GiGi23

Rinkside
I hadn't heard about Laura and Kevin doing dance, not sure it would work out because she only has one more season age eligible in novice. To the best of my knowledge they're being coached by Edward Alton in Belfast and Clara Peters in Dublin winter season. I don't know his wife's background but as far as I knew Edward only teaches singles. I'm presuming their dance training came from a camp or coach abroad. My guess is the ISAI wants a junior dance couple so they have more skating disciplines as far as the ISU is concerned. They removed the pre-novice dance levels in the test structure and dont currently have a pass mark for the dance championship tests so this is new territory. Lots of rumours about the hockey guys reopening the ice dome but doesn't look like it will be soon. Irish nationals starts today and Tkacheva is doing junior. She is the skater with the least access to ice time out of the juniors. Watch out for her younger sister in basic novice. Been hearing a lot about her and this is her first nationals.

Drat! :mad:

After finding out this morning that Lucy Hancock and Billy Wilson French had split (I posted about it in the splits thread earlier), now I have found out that Phebe Bekker and Theo Alexander have split too! :drama:

Nationals was the first time I had seen Phebe and Theo, and I was really impressed by them. So this has just come as a real shock to me.

I was so impressed with Elizabeth Golding when she made her Junior GP debut at the start of the season. I had heard bits and pieces about her over the past few years, but was actually shocked with how good she was when I finally saw her.

So, given that I had been hearing a lot more things about Sophia than I had been about Elizabeth, I am really looking forward to when she comes into Juniors full time too.

And if all these other girls also move into the Junior Ladies field, I have to say that the future is looking very exciting for Irish Ladies skating.

Thanks for mentioning Edward Alton. It's been years since I heard anything about him (took a double take when I saw the name of his wife! There is a successful Biathlete who has been using that same name since she got married a few years ago). Good to hear that he is still involved in the sport. (Wish Tameron was too, but she has found success in a different field).

I got a real surprise when I was watching the Toruń Cup the other week and discovered that 2 of the Hegartys are now competing together in Ice Dance.

It looks like Laura and Kevin must be doing both Singles and Ice Dance this season, because in the autumn they were both competing in Singles at Skate Southern, the Volvo Open, and the Narva Cup.

Laura Hegarty Rink Results Bio
Kevin Hegarty Rink Results Bio

Do you know if they plan to continue doing both? Or if they are just trying Ice Dance out this season to see how it goes, before deciding at the end of the season how to proceed.

I have to say, the thought of an Irish partnership in Ice Dance is pretty exciting, because figure skating on this island has pretty much been focussed on Singles skating. Sure, we had Tameron and Edward in Pairs up here, but I can't think of any other partnerships in either category from this island.

Any word on the Ice Dome...?

CaroLiza_fan

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Excited that we have 2 young pairs teams with potential! With a globally not as strong pairs field just now, time to strike while the iron is hot!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Ice Dundee, Natasha McKay and Conor Stakelum’s home rink, are doing daily workouts on Instagram to keep healthy during this crazy time.

Also Graham Newberry and his dad/coach are using their daily exercise to do some off ice skating on roller blades!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Luke Digby and Anastasia Vaipan-Law are the UK’s newest pair team!