2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Not archived yet, and several archived streams have been stricken because of music copyright claims. You shouldn't play all those old hits during breaks in a continuous broadcast ;-)

Dundee Ice Sports did well, it was a nice event.

Andrea82

Medalist
PJ said he broke the British record with a score of 215.05 at Sheffield Q2. Does that qualify him for worlds?

If you mean in terms of TES score, scores achieved in national competitions don't count towards minimum scores for ISU Championships. However, if needed, Hallam can use last season's TES scores as they are still valid for this season.

Are there any other special requirements set by British Fed? Did they set out some rules in case of more athletes getting the minimum scores? It may be not relevant for Worlds (but I think more than one ladies have the minimums), but it will be surely the case for Europeans.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Peter James Hallam has a crowdfunding page up, has anyone posted it yet? I wish him the best of luck competing this year.
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/peterjames-hallam

If you mean in terms of TES score, scores achieved in national competitions don't count towards minimum scores for ISU Championships. However, if needed, Hallam can use last season's TES scores as they are still valid for this season.

Are there any other special requirements set by British Fed? Did they set out some rules in case of more athletes getting the minimum scores? It may be not relevant for Worlds (but I think more than one ladies have the minimums), but it will be surely the case for Europeans.

They have an international selection manual published. It looks like they mainly go off Season's Best total score, but looking at the previous links they might consider other skaters who are likely to produce a better performance at the event in question.
http://www.iceskating.org.uk/index.cfm/athletes/figure-skating/national-team-performance/

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Here's the most up to date list for Team GB at each of the JGPs announced so far:

JGP 1 Courcheval
No entries

JGP 2 Lake Placid
Men - no entries
Ladies - Molly Robotham, (Sub: Genevieve Somerville)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Sasha Fear/George Waddell, (Sub: Lucy Hancock/Billy Wilson-French)

JGP 3 Riga
Men - Edward Appleby, (Sub: Joseph Alexander Zakipour)
Ladies - Genevieve Somerville, (Sub: Anna Litvinenko)
Dance - Erin Gillies/Joshua Tarry, (Sub: Lucy Hancock/Billy Wilson-French & Emily Phillips/Jayin Panesar)

JGP 4 Chelyabinsk
Men - no entries
Ladies - Elena Komova, (Sub: Amy Morris)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Emily Rose Brown/James Hernandez (Sub: Erin Gillies/Joshua Tarry)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
^

If she could get her movements to flow just a little more I’d quite like her SP. I wonder if she came over from New York?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So in the CS assignments we have the lists for Lombardia and Autumn Classic:

Autumn Classic:
Men, Harry Mattick (as per) and PJ Hallam for GBR. No Connor Stakelum or Sam McAllister for IRL this year unfortunately. I’ll try to find out why.

Ladies, Nina Povey GBR

Ice Dance, Lewis and Gibson GBR

Lombardia:

Men, PJ Hallam GBR (to think he’d not had any last year and two this year!)

Ladies, Natasha McKay and Kristen Spours GBR

Ice Dance, Tweedale and Buckland GBR

Go to see T/B are still competing considering they weren’t at the Nationals qualifyer. I think if we get any late additions for ACI they’ll be from team Ireland as Connor Stakelum has been a regular at ACI iirc.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
So in the CS assignments we have the lists for Lombardia and Autumn Classic:

Autumn Classic:
Men, Harry Mattick (as per) and PJ Hallam for GBR. No Connor Stakelum or Sam McAllister for IRL this year unfortunately. I’ll try to find out why.

Ladies, Nina Povey GBR

Ice Dance, Lewis and Gibson GBR

Lombardia:

Men, PJ Hallam GBR (to think he’d not had any last year and two this year!)

Ladies, Natasha McKay and Kristen Spours GBR

Ice Dance, Tweedale and Buckland GBR

Go to see T/B are still competing considering they weren’t at the Nationals qualifyer. I think if we get any late additions for ACI they’ll be from team Ireland as Connor Stakelum has been a regular at ACI iirc.

:yahoo:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I’m so happy for him! It’s been a long time coming! Hopefully he can get a proper ISU season best score now.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if anyone's already covered this here, but in case it's been missed, Kristin Spours will be skating at the French Masters de Patinage in late September as an invited guest: https://ffsg.org/evenement/39708/, click on the 'Participants' tab to see the list of skaters.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are the French Master the french version of test skates?

Sort of, but mostly they're a team-building thing and an excuse for DG to hold court...and possibly dig up a few extra sponsors. There are always one or two invited skaters to help make up flight numbers in Seniors - Davide Lewton-Brain has skated there for several years. Kirsten skating gives them a full flight in Senior Ladies.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Well it’ll be cool to see Kristen’s new programs in competition. I think she’ll suit the jump to senior.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Here's the most up to date list for Team GB at each of the JGPs announced so far:

JGP 1 Courchevel
No entries

JGP 2 Lake Placid
Men - no entries
Ladies - Molly Robotham, (Sub: Genevieve Somerville)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Sasha Fear/George Waddell, (Sub: Lucy Hancock/Billy Wilson-French)

JGP 3 Riga
Ladies - Genevieve Somerville, (Sub: Anna Litvinenko)
Dance - Erin Gillies/Joshua Tarry, (Sub: Lucy Hancock/Billy Wilson-French & Emily Phillips/Jayin Panesar)

JGP 4 Chelyabinsk
Men - no entries
Ladies - Elena Komova, (Sub: Amy Morris)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Emily Rose Brown/James Hernandez (Sub: Erin Gillies/Joshua Tarry)

JGP 5 Gdansk
Men - Joseph Alexander Zakipour, (Sub: Edward Appleby)
Ladies - Anna Litvinenko, (Sub: Molly Robotham)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Sasha Fear/George Waddell, (Sub: Lucy Hancock/Billy Wilson-French & Emily Phillips/Jayin Panesar)

JGP 6 Zagreb
Ladies - Amy Morris, (Sub: Genevieve Somerville)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Emily Rose Brown/James Hernandez, (Sub: Erin Gillies/Joshua Tarry)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
^
Thanks for the link!

JGP 5 Gdansk
Men - Joseph Alexander Zakipour, (Sub: Edward Appleby)
Ladies - Anna Litvinenko, (Sub: Molly Robotham)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Sasha Fear/George Waddell, (Sub: Lucy Hancock/Billy Wilson-French & Emily Phillips/Jayin Panesar)

JGP 6 Zagreb
Ladies - Amy Morris, (Sub: Genevieve Somerville)
Pairs - no entries
Dance - Emily Rose Brown/James Hernandez, (Sub: Erin Gillies/Joshua Tarry)

Poor Luke getting injured again and missing out. But good luck to everyone! Every competition is a step closer to becoming the best skater you can be!