Feet hurt - is it my new boots or is it me? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Feet hurt - is it my new boots or is it me?

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
As a matter of fact, I did get some yellow superfeet, they actually made the pain worse. What's funny is that they are almost identical to the Jackson insoles I already had, but the Jackson ones had more spring and a bit extra padding on the heel. So I put the original insoles back (and $50 down the drain).

I suppose an update is in order- the intense sole pain I was experienced has dissipated. I do have some lingering plantar fasciitis, but that is gradually getting better. I believe it was mostly my feet needing to get used to the boots.

It was complicated by the fact that around that time, my boots began to shrink a bit from their original heat molding (took me a while to figure that out). They are currently a bit too tight around the balls and I will be getting them punched out soon. And additionally, I had let my laces get twisted up and had been lacing the flex notch eyelet from underneath, and now I've got some lace bite/tendonitis that's bothering me. If it isn't one thing, it's another. I had no idea until googling it yesterday, that twisted laces and lacing from underneath can cause pain.

Hope my lace bite clears up soon. 8 weeks of skating with pain of some type or other, I am looking forward to the day (soon??) when there won't be any.

jf12

Final Flight
For what it’s worth it’s pretty normal to have to go back 2-3 times for punching and heat molding if you need more than a little done to them. Good luck.

daniiltimin

Rinkside
It’s not unusual for the new boots to hurt because it could take a few weeks or even more to break them in

stillc

Spectator
My son bought a pair of new boots. He used it several times and each time he had some pain after it. He says that there are stitches inside that cause pain. I consider repairing it myself as I have a shoe machine, but not sure if it can handle these boots. Did anyone of you try to fix boots on your own?

shumaislife

Rinkside
My son bought a pair of new boots. He used it several times and each time he had some pain after it. He says that there are stitches inside that cause pain. I consider repairing it myself as I have a shoe machine, but not sure if it can handle these boots. Did anyone of you try to fix boots on your own?
It's really unfortunate if a seamline on the boot is hitting your son's foot, because that can be really irritating. A skate fitter or tech should be able to take a look and repair/patch. Like Ic3Rabbit says, it's not really a DIY thing. It's also possible that the shoe is too narrow or otherwise poorly fitting, which is why there's boot material rubbing. Is it possible to go back to the fitter?

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
What boot is it? Did you buy it from a pro shop or online? Most major boot makers have a limited warranty (varies with maker, typically at least several months) covering defects in manufacturing. I would first go that route: get in touch with the pro shop (if applicable) or boot maker to (a) determine whether the problems with the stitching are due to a manufacturing defect or just bad design and (b) if they are due to a manufacturing defect, check out any applicable warranty coverage.