Does Edea boots have looser ankle for over the boot tights? | Golden Skate

Does Edea boots have looser ankle for over the boot tights?

stepbystep

Spectator
Watching the Olympics, I couldn't help but notice that anyone who wears over the boot tights normally wear risport while anyone who wears edea would just show the boots. Personally I like the over the boots style since it gives an illusion of longer legs. Is there such a difference in the fitting around ankle?

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The over-the-boot tights that I buy are stretchy enough to go over any boot. I think it's a matter of skater preference as to what tights they wear - over, under, or just hitting around the boot hooks. I have Harlicks and wear over-the-boot tights for competitions and shows.

Edea boots are (for lack of a better word) "puffy" so over the boot tights might make the foot look chunky and clunky.
The traditional style boots are sleeker so you get more of a continuous leg line with these tights.

I"m speculating here but it also wouldn't surprise me that if an Olympic skater is wearing Edeas as an endorsement, then Edea may have some sort of clause that the boot must be showing and not covered up. They are a distinct looking boot.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I personally found Edea (ice fly) very loose around my ankle compared to Jackson (elites). Edea never fit me properly - Jackson’s were much better but I had lumps and blisters, and they were much heavier than Edea. Now I use Aura skates.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Watching the Olympics, I couldn't help but notice that anyone who wears over the boot tights normally wear risport while anyone who wears edea would just show the boots. Personally I like the over the boots style since it gives an illusion of longer legs. Is there such a difference in the fitting around ankle?

The way a skater wears their tights is personal and has nothing to do with their boot brand at all.

I hate seeing footless tights over boots in competition, it looks bad and unfinished. If they want the long leg extension look they need to get full over the boot tights not footless tights that they stretch down to the heel.