Performances you can’t stop watching? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Performances you can’t stop watching?

StephenGfan

Final Flight
The ice dance GOATS of their generation and my personal favorite ice dance team
Virtue/moir: Farrucas 2010 olympics OD just jaw-dropping gravity-defying technical brilliance
Virtue/moir: Moulin rogue 2018 olympics FD Emotionally raw sensual unforgettable program filled with amazing lifts
Virtue/moir: Pink Floyd 2009 worlds FD underrated pure fun and insane difficulty, fast-paced (Knowing tessa performed this when she had painfull shin injuries makes it even more amazing)
Virtue/moir: Valse triste worlds 2007 FD some of the best executed lifts I have ever seen beautifully ethereal and beautifull lines when I think of art on ice this comes to mind.

Besti/bukin: Carmen FD 1985 euros criminally underrated and the best rendition of carmen by far IMO
A/P: Romeo and juliet FD worlds 1998 just gorgeous, beautifull and timeless

Mao asada: Rach no 2 FS 2014 olympics this performance proves that medals aren't everything
Mao asada: Madame butterfly FS 2016 worlds proof that she still had it. I tear up everytime she goes into the spilt eagle. moving performance.
Ma asada: Nocturne 2014 worlds Beautifull redemption skate, Just pure sublime artistry.

Yuna kim: Bond girl 2009 olympic SP I just love this. Pure fun. Pure badassery.
Yuna kim: Tango de roxanne 2007 GPF This was peak yuna sassiness and when she had her flexibility so her spins were sublime here The flow of this program is insanse. The part where she slowly draws her hands across her face while in her spiral sequence still gets me.
TLDR dark sassy short program yuna over light airy freeskate yuna

Michelle kwan: Aranjuez 2003 worlds FS killer spread eagle perfectly timed to capture the emotion of the music, one of my favorite spiral sequences ever and i love the ending pose.

Sui/han- Rain in your eyes FS worlds 2019: overwhelmingly beautifull, Gorgeous ending lift and some beautiful breathtaking jumps and pulling it off cleanly on top of Sui having serious injuries just a few months prior makes this performance all the more special to me.
Sui/han -Turandot FS 2017 NHK trophy: only place where they skated this program to the fullest. And it was just great. the coolest badass beginning pose i have ever seen in skating.

Yagudin: 2002 winter olympic SP- A must watch for newcomers to skating and hands down the best step sequence and footwork in mens I have ever seen. A wonderfull amazing combination of technical and artistry.

Yuzuru hanyu: seimei FS 2018 olympics chills. everytime.
Yuzuru hanyu: romeo and juliet FS 2012 worlds: so young here but so artistically sound full of passion and grit a must watch for newcomers.
Yuzuru hanyu: Origin FS 2019 worlds: not my favorite program from him by far but him holding it together and putting this performance down after a lackluster short in front of his home crowd after a season of disappointments just moved me.

Sasha cohen: Malaguena SP 2004 worlds musically on point, Fabulous charlotte spiral and some of the best spins I have ever seen, full of sass/personality and a killer step sequence.
Sasha cohen: Dark eyes SP 2006 olympics

Kaetlyn osmond: Edith piaf SP 2018 olympics She was her character here. Like i forgot it was kaetlyn for a second. One of the best portrayals of a character i have ever seen. love her hand movements they went faboulously timed with the musicial accents.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yuna Queen's programs (All of them).:love::luv17:
Vincent's programs, because I am obliged to :biggrin::biggrin:
These two skaters' programs, I could not count how many times I watched.:biggrin:
other than that,
I watch programs that I like, to name few, Nathan's last dancer, LandOfALL, Satoko's tango etc. besides these, I watch almost all figure skating programs, and repeatedly watch many.:luv17::biggrin:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mao Asada Nocturne 2014 worlds.
Yuna Kim Danse Macabre 2009 worlds.
Satoko Miyahara Sayuri 2018 olympics.
Alena Kostornaya the departure 2018 JGPF
The four best ladies SP performance that i've seen.

Akiko Suzuki "O" 2012 NHK.
Wakaba Higuchi skyfall 2018 worlds.
Mao Asada fantaisie impromptu 2007 GPF.
Mao Asada Czardas 2007 Worlds.
Mao Asada Rach 2 2014 olympics.
Rika Kihira beautiful storm 2018 NHK.
Anastasia Gubanova R&J 2016 JGPF
The best ladies FS performances that i've seen.

Yuzuru Hanyu Chopin 2018 olympics & 2015 GPF.
Daisuke Takahashi iIn the garden of souls 2012 worlds.
Boyang Jin Spiderman 2017 worlds.
The best SP in history and my personal favs.

Yuzuru Hanyu R&J 1 2012 worlds.
Yuzuru Hanyu Seimei 2015 NHK.
Yuzuru Hanyu Hope and legacy 2017 worlds.
Shoma Uno Loco 2017 worlds.
Denis Ten 2015 4CC FS.
Daisuke Takahashi Blues for kook 2012 worlds.
My favs men free skates.

Sui/Han blues for klook 2017 worlds.
The GOAT of pairs SP.

Savchenko/Massot de la Terre vue du ciel 2018 olympics.
Stolbova/Klimov man and shadow 2015 GPF.
Sui/Han bridge over troubled water 2018 worlds.
Sui/Han rain in your black eyes 2019 worlds.
Volosozhar/Trankov Jesus superstar 2014 olympics & 2013 skate America.
Everything is gorgeous in these programs.

rain

Record Breaker
All of these (previously posted in the Top 10 thread):
Ladies:

1. Kaetlyn Osmond SP Edith Piaf Olympics 2018
2. Michelle Kwan Lyra Angelica U.S. nationals 1998
3. Carolina Kostner Ave Maria SP Olympics 2014
4. Angela Nikodinov SP worlds 2001 (she was robbed)
5. Kaetlyn Osmond LP Black Swan Olympics 2018
6. Lu Chen SP spring breeze
7. Sasha Cohen Malaguena SP Olympics 2006
8. Lu Chen LP 1996 worlds
9. Joannie Rochette Firebird LP Canadian Nationals 2005
10. Liz Manley LP 1998
Honourable mention to Yuka Sato LP worlds 1994 and Michelle Kwan Aranjuez worlds 2003.

Mens:

1. Patrick Chan LP 2012 Canadian Nationals Aranjuez
2. Kurt Browning Casablanca LP Worlds 1993
3. Alexei Yagudin Winter SP Olympics 2002
4. Patrick Chan LP 2011 Canadian Nationals (I had the privilege of watching this live, and the electricity and perfection of it made up for the ugh, Phantom, music)
5. Jeff Buttle LP 2005 Canadian Nationals Nagoygatsi
6. Patrick Chan LP 2013 La Boheme
7. Jeff Buttle LP 2008 Worlds Ararat
8. Stephane Lambiel 2006 LP worlds
9. Daisuke Takahashi 2008 SP cyberswan
10. Stanick Jeannette 2002 SP worlds

Pairs:

1. Mishkutenok/Dmitriev LP 2001 worlds
2. Sui/Han LP 2019 worlds
3. Sui/Han SP Blues for Klook 2017 Worlds
4. Sui/Han SP Spanish Romance 2016 worlds
5. Sale/Pelletier LP Olympics 2002
6. Sale/Pelletier SP Olympics 2002
7. Duhamel/Radford LP 2016 worlds
8. Underhill/Martini 1984 LP Worlds
9. Kazakova/Dmitriev 1998 SP Olympics (I know people thought the music choice was weird, but I thought it was out of the box and I liked it.)
10. Peng/Jin 2019 SP worlds

Dance:

1. Virtue/Moir 2010 Olympics FD Mahler
2. Virtue/Moir 2018 Olympics FD Moulin Rouge
3. Torvill/Dean 1994 Rhumba OD
4. Hubbell/Donahue 2018 worlds FD
5. Virtue/Moir 2017 worlds SD Prince
6. Virtue/Moir 2007 worlds Valse Triste
7. Weaver/Poje 2011 Grand Prix Final FD Four Seasons
8. Gilles/Poirier 2018 Skate Canada FD Vincent
9. Gilles/Poirier 2014 Worlds FD Hitchcock
10. Davis/White 2010 OD Bollywood

***EDITED because of HUGE omission: How could I forget the Duchesnay's Missing FD from 1990 Worlds?

I realized I really do appreciate modern ice dance. Honourable mentions to Davis/White Die Fledermaus and Papadakis/Cizeron, pretty much everything, Shibutanis 2016 Fix You. Oh, and Bourne/Kraatz Riverdance.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness, how could I forget to mention Adam Rippon’s “Let Me Think About It” short program in my previous post?! I still fangirl the hell out of that one. It gives me life! Even on days that I’m in the worst mood ever, I can pull up any of that program’s performances on YouTube, and instantly, I turn that frown upside down. :)

Honourable mention to one of the best layback spins in men’s figure skating. :love: