Favorite Warhorses | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Favorite Warhorses

rinkside_user

On the Ice
I always kind of shake my head and wonder - when asked to list your FAVORITE anything and someone lists 10+ whatevers.

In general, I agree with you but in this particular case the thread title reads favorite warhorses (of course, can be interpreted as a plural due to multiple responses) but OP also reads "what are some of the warhorses that you don't mind skaters skating to?"

CarolPooh

Rinkside
Les Mis (but please someone use Stars or Empty Chairs at Empty Tables soon, just for variety's sake!)

I like Les Mis very much and especially Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.

Actually I don't mind warhorses as long as the music is good. Sometimes I search skating programmes by my favorite songs to watch different skaters skating to the same music.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Les Mis very much and especially Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.

Actually I don't mind warhorses as long as the music is good. Sometimes I search skating programmes by my favorite songs to watch different skaters skating to the same music.

Just for the record Viktor Petrenko & Todd Eldredge both skated to "Empty Chairs @ Empty Tables" during their careers. Viktor did it one season in the Champions on Ice tour. Todd skated to it in a show we attended in Philadelphia, PA (October 1998) called "Skaters' Tribute to Broadway."

CarolPooh

Rinkside
Just for the record Viktor Petrenko & Todd Eldredge both skated to "Empty Chairs @ Empty Tables" during their careers. Viktor did it one season in the Champions on Ice tour. Todd skated to it in a show we attended in Philadelphia, PA (October 1997) called "Skaters' Tribute to Broadway."

Thanks! I will check it out.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Oops! "Skaters' Tribute to Broadway" took place in October 1998. I corrected it!

kallirroe

On the Ice
Planets from Gustav Holst. It is not that much a warhorse , although Mars is used more frequently. Satoko Miyahara had a programm dedicated whole to the planets and it couldnt be more pleasing to the ears and eyes ! :luv17:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Love this thread and delighted that we have so many beloved warhorses in common! Classical music is close to my heart, so...
[...]
I’m just gonna go with your list. *thumbs up*
I am a classical pianist, and also love playing piano solo arrangements of classical music like ballets, so I would have a big problem if I didn’t like classical music warhorses. :biggrin:

And, yes, I even like Carmen!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Planets from Gustav Holst. It is not that much a warhorse , although Mars is used more frequently. Satoko Miyahara had a programm dedicated whole to the planets and it couldnt be more pleasing to the ears and eyes ! :luv17:
Whole apart from the Star Wars part. Which was also very nice, of course. ;-)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:luv17: the whole "Planets," too! I also loved when Fumie Suguri skated to music from it! She had a beautiful silvery costume with stars on it, too. :cheer: