2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I agree that Haein's free skate score was way too low, I thought it'd be close to her season's best for sure. She was on fire today! I had the biggest smile on my face during her skate, she was just fabulous.

Either way, she should be so proud of herself. Skating two nearly clean programs in your first JGPF is a great accomplishment!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I felt Haein is underscored too, but we already know it, against certain group of skaters, you have to be technically much stronger to win, if you are using the same lay-out, they will always better in artistic or quality stuff...

bluefox

Spectator
Haein had me remembering why i love figure skating today. I almost burst into tears seeing her be so happy and excited at the end of her performance. When she is in the zone it is a truely remarkable sight.

Fluture

Record Breaker
She was great in the free, i'd say she could have received a SB.

She did well, but got only 59 pcs, was 4th in the free and 5th overall.

Thank you, I just watched her. Just amazing, I‘m so proud of her! The scores make me incredibly mad, of course, but what‘s new. She should be proud of how she did and she still has her two golds from the JGPs. And I know I‘ll be rewatching those performances in the next few weeks!

gotoschool

Medalist
I liked Haein's performance the best in the LP and thought it was as impressive as the one in her last Grand Prix event, smooth skating, musical, graceful and expressive with her arms without extraneous cluttering movements and fine crisp edges in her step sequence where she showed a lot of emotion. Yet she was unjustly underscored receiving 5 points lower overall and 3 points lower in PCS than in her last Grand Prix freeskate. Young You was likewise underscored a lot relatively in her last Grand Prix event in the Cup of China especially the long. It will be exciting to watch Nationals, but on the other hand, I wish they could get a chance to rest. I hope they along with Eunsoo and the other skaters have great performances,

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Was watching video of haein lee from last year’s jgp, and wow, she’s certainly grown a lot for a 14-year-old skater. Usually in this sport I don’t see girls hit puberty until 16 or 17.

I hope haein gets better scores and more love from the judges going forward. Her pcs at jgpf was so wrong.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The Ranking Competition has started, seabm7 made a thread here: https://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?83684-2019-South-Korean-Ranking-Competition

Go there for details, so far the senior men's and the juniors' SPs have taken place. Waiting for protocols while I watch videos uploaded by the blessed fancam folk, some comments of mine:

- My darling went clean, finally a smile on his face as he skates. Oh darling, that's all I want, besides fitting boots and safe ankles of course.
- What is with the success rates of 3As here :eek: Junhwan's is of course his most consistent jump, but wowza Sejong, Junhyeong (hands-down but nonetheless not a splat), and even Sunghoon's made its appearance!! My tesoro Younghyun didn't go for it, which was good for my nerves but not so good for his JW ticket (Sihyeong did fall on his 3A, but it was fully rotated). Oh well, he's only 16 anyway, let my homeboy who has to move up next season go this time. Maybe next season he'll actually have a 3A for JW
- Junhyeong's step sequence had me in goosebumps, man he is one heck of a PCS skater. He's already choreographing programs for some novice skaters, I have no doubt he'll be marvelous when he becomes a full-time choreographer. Who knows, he just might be great as the great Yeji Shin (all hail)
- It's nice that I'm in my early 20s for once, I can unashamedly admire Sejong's hotness :biggrin: According to site reports he and Sunghoon were the two most cheered for (after Junhwan, of course) from the local crowd, can't blame them for liking the good-looking ones :laugh:

Edit: Protocols have come out: http://www.skating.or.kr/download/download.do?fileName=figure_201912132200547290.zip&dir=game

Well of course the judging's salty in general, but my darling's getting some proper PCS for once. Nonetheless c'mon that -3Lo was borderline you didn't really have to ding it... But positive news with Younghyun's -3T consistently being rotated, and while with low GOE he got all level 4s for his spins!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Senior ladies' SP has just finished, the top 10 is as follows:

1. Lim Eunsoo 72.68
2. Lee Haein 70.23
3. Kim Yelim 68.61
4. Wi Seoyoung 65.64
5. Ji Seoyeon 64.60
6. To Jihun 63.10
7. Choi Dabin 60.36
8. Mo Jiwon 58.21
9. You Young 57.46
10. Choi Yujin 54.64

Will post protocol links once they're uploaded, some comments of mine:

- My darling squirtle (weeps with joy)
- Attagirl Yelim, go get your 4CC ticket
- A clean Jihun is such a pleasure to watch, do keep it up dearie as you move up to seniors
- Dabin's 3Lz-3T is back!
- Haneul fell on her lutz, hence her low standings, but she's shown that she can have one hell of a redemption free. Don't count her completely out yet.
- Young didn't go for her 3A, so it was kind of a surprise when she fell on her lutz and lost her combo. She wants that 4CC ticket so she's going to fight for it with the free, quite possibly with her 3A.
- Yeonjeong didn't make the free :sad4: She's gonna have to put up two great skates at Nats if she wants to keep her spot on the National reserve team, other 13-year-olds and soon-to-be-13 12-year-olds are coming up. See: Jiwon, the newly 13 yo who was one of the strong novices for quite some time now, ranked 8th now.

Edit: http://www.skating.or.kr/download/download.do?fileName=figure_201912142307493970.zip&dir=game

Finally the protocols are out, some additional comments of mine.

- Salty judging per the norm, but PCS is, like, as salty as the Uyuni desert. Like, they gave 32.16 for squirtle :noshake:
- Considering that Haein jumped a loop and Yelim jumped a flip, the 2 point difference between the two of them was that Haein got a StSq4 while Yelim got a StSq2. Yelim my girl, you need some tinkering there, you can't have that again
- Only Squirtle, Haein, Haneul, and Jihun got all their level 4s, and that brings me to Jihun. Gaaah Jihun I kinda give up on the URs, but you can't get a ! on your flip again you are better than that
- My beloved Seoyoung is rotating her -3Ts consistently now :yay: But seriously judges how did you give her layback only 0.76 GOE like look at her biellmann c'mon
- Dabin's -3T is under as expected, which is fine because I'm just happy that it's back, but her lutz edge is consistently getting !s. Did her break off-kilter her edge? :think:

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
After watching many of the run-throughs (bless heeyuhee and icescaperasu for uploading so much), I am really in awe of Haein’s consistency.
And what’s more, Haein seemed to be the only one doing complete run-throughs all the time.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
After watching many of the run-throughs (bless heeyuhee and icescaperasu for uploading so much), I am really in awe of Haein’s consistency.
And what’s more, Haein seemed to be the only one doing complete run-throughs all the time.

With the men my tesoro Younghyun always does complete runthroughs, and the 05 trio tends to do full runthroughs mostly. Seoyoung, my beloved one, only skipped her layback spin (considering she had heaps of tape on her right knee and had numbing patches on her back, no wonder :sad21:) for example. I think it's a matter of style, the little phoenix herself has said that she's the 'work, work, and then work some more' type and so she always works through everything, i.e. do full runthroughs. Her stamina is impressive for sure though, don't get me wrong.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
"But seriously judges how did you give her layback only 0.76 GOE like look at her biellmann c'mon"
@Ichatdelune echo this and she even have a beautiful "pearl" transition.:love: and arm movement perfectly timed to music.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Yeonjeong is still young so I guess it’s okay, but her inconsistency is getting pretty worrisome. A JGPF spot was basically hers and she missed it by melting down in the SP of her second event. Then she didn’t even qualify for the FS here. It’s frustrating because she’s so great but can’t seem to skate a good SP. :(

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Senior men's FS is over, senior ladies' FS has started. The top 4 is as follows:

1. Cha Junhwan 254.44
2. Lee Sihyeong 215.87
3. Lee Junhyeong 213.30
4. Cha Younghyun 200.50

Some comments of mine:

- The Cha-Lee National team is going to continue for yet another season, it seems
- My darling fell on the -3Lo but otherwise landed everything, and thankfully no 4F attempt. One step at a time, darling dearest.
- Happy birthday my homeboy, I read that you didn't go for your 3A here but you did go clean. A silver is a very nice birthday present indeed. Can I get to see a 3A-included clean free at 4CCs :pray:
- Sunghoon landed a 3A-2T :jaw: and then he fell on his second(!!) 3A and messed up his other jumps (per usual :sad4:), but wow Sunghoon you landed a 3A combo I am in shock and awe you just keep on evolving as a cactus don't you...
- Sejong also landed a 3A and proceeded to mess up his other jumps, oh what shall we do with these two hot messes (pun intended)
- Tesoro mio, I love you for being so consistent, but now it is so that you need a 3A to aim for the podium... Could you have one for next season, maybe? A fully rotated one, if you please

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Didn't know Korean Nationals is going on right. I am glad to see that Haein is second after SP. I feel she is the real Korean's answers to Russia and Japan dominance. The trio of Eunsoo, Young You and Yelim showed great potential three seasons ago but so far have been consistently inconsistent.

I hope Haein wins and builds up her reputation for her first senior year.

Senior ladies' SP has just finished, the top 10 is as follows:

1. Lim Eunsoo 72.68
2. Lee Haein 70.23
3. Kim Yelim 68.61
4. Wi Seoyoung 65.64
5. Ji Seoyeon 64.60
6. To Jihun 63.10
7. Choi Dabin 60.36
8. Mo Jiwon 58.21
9. You Young 57.46
10. Choi Yujin 54.64

Will post protocol links once they're uploaded, some comments of mine:

- My darling squirtle (weeps with joy)
- Attagirl Yelim, go get your 4CC ticket
- A clean Jihun is such a pleasure to watch, do keep it up dearie as you move up to seniors
- Dabin's 3Lz-3T is back!
- Haneul fell on her lutz, hence her low standings, but she's shown that she can have one hell of a redemption free. Don't count her completely out yet.
- Young didn't go for her 3A, so it was kind of a surprise when she fell on her lutz and lost her combo. She wants that 4CC ticket so she's going to fight for it with the free, quite possibly with her 3A.
- Yeonjeong didn't make the free :sad4: She's gonna have to put up two great skates at Nats if she wants to keep her spot on the National reserve team, other 13-year-olds and soon-to-be-13 12-year-olds are coming up. See: Jiwon, the newly 13 yo who was one of the strong novices for quite some time now, ranked 8th now.

Edit: http://www.skating.or.kr/download/download.do?fileName=figure_201912142307493970.zip&dir=game

Finally the protocols are out, some additional comments of mine.

- Salty judging per the norm, but PCS is, like, as salty as the Uyuni desert. Like, they gave 32.16 for squirtle :noshake:
- Considering that Haein jumped a loop and Yelim jumped a flip, the 2 point difference between the two of them was that Haein got a StSq4 while Yelim got a StSq2. Yelim my girl, you need some tinkering there, you can't have that again
- Only Squirtle, Haein, Haneul, and Jihun got all their level 4s, and that brings me to Jihun. Gaaah Jihun I kinda give up on the URs, but you can't get a ! on your flip again you are better than that
- My beloved Seoyoung is rotating her -3Ts consistently now :yay: But seriously judges how did you give her layback only 0.76 GOE like look at her biellmann c'mon
- Dabin's -3T is under as expected, which is fine because I'm just happy that it's back, but her lutz edge is consistently getting !s. Did her break off-kilter her edge? :think: