2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Eunsoo earned and deserves 2 spots that is why she currently has 2 spots.
Young You deserves a second spot but unfortunately South Korea does not host GP, and if she continues deliver like this next season, she will get her 2 spots next season.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Congrats to Jun! Wow he keeps on improving each season. When he pulled out that 4F I thought I was hallucinating. Wow. Now Jun has 3 Quads in his arsenal and it would not surpise me if he had even more that we don't know of yet. Jun's Ina Bauer is also so beautiful, I could watch him do Ina Bauers hours upon hours. Just wow.

Briananing

On the Ice
Jun(车车菇) 的free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZ1UxKnP5I
watch how tech elements (jump and spin) matching music structure!! :love: genius!! also how to use silence to create suspension.:love::luv17::eek::
opening 4F and 3A here, tech element matches music structure (don't kr if people still cares about these things nowadays, but I love:love:)
https://youtu.be/NsZ1UxKnP5I?t=189
Whoever choosing jun's music program really know him best. It always suit him so well and bring the best of him.

I still cant believe this is the boy who were so expresioneless couple years ago. Hopefully seoyeong and yeonjeong would learn from him.

readernick

Medalist
Eunsoo earned and deserves 2 spots that is why she currently has 2 spots.
Young You deserves a second spot but unfortunately South Korea does not host GP, and if she continues deliver like this next season, she will get her 2 spots next season.

She might get a second spot if somebody withdraws. At this time, Eunsoo’s skating outside of jumps is better than Young’s. She should work on her SS and performance skills.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Jun Hwan is such a beautiful skater. What is it going to take for him to be a podium threat?

randomfan

Record Breaker
Korean ladies have always worn gorgeous dresses, but wow...so far there hasn't been a Korean lady this season with a bad or even average dress, junior or senior. Every single one is so good :love:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
She might get a second spot if somebody withdraws. At this time, Eunsoo’s skating outside of jumps is better than Young’s. She should work on her SS and performance skills.

Doubt any fed'll invite Young, her 3A is too strong a threat. Yelim's more likely to get her second spot first if there's a withdrawal, she's higher on the SB list too.

And while I agree on Young needing work on SS, Young's a performer. Judging her performance abilities on Lombardia is a bit unfair, it was her official senior debut there.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Korean ladies have always worn gorgeous dresses, but wow...so far there hasn't been a Korean lady this season with a bad or even average dress, junior or senior. Every single one is so good :love:

On that, well I'm waiting for Haneul's and Dabin's dresses to be revealed (Dabin's SP dress is out already, but still). I'm planning to do a Korean Figure Skating Dress Championships :biggrin:

---

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...DjDNm58hdXMBDPMnez4G0yjQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Okay, any ladies I'm missing? For junior ladies I've only listed the ones with JGPs, and senior ladies the ones on the main team for now.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
On that, well I'm waiting for Haneul's and Dabin's dresses to be revealed (Dabin's SP dress is out already, but still). I'm planning to do a Korean Figure Skating Dress Championships :biggrin:

---

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...DjDNm58hdXMBDPMnez4G0yjQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Okay, any ladies I'm missing? For junior ladies I've only listed the ones with JGPs, and senior ladies the ones on the main team for now.

ngl I wanna have this dress competition for all countries :luv17:
thanks Ichatdelune for creating it!

You can add
-Lee Siwon
-Choi Hyunsoo (her SP dress is one of my faves)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
ngl I wanna have this dress competition for all countries :luv17:
thanks Ichatdelune for creating it!

You can add
-Lee Siwon
-Choi Hyunsoo (her SP dress is one of my faves)

On they go to the list. I could list all the ladies who competed at the JGP qualifiers ;) but then the competition is going to take too long :laugh:

I'm taking suggestions until Nebelhorn, after Dabin's dresses are revealed y'all can be judges that decide the champion dress :laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

i think this is going to be my favourite dress of the season (and program too :laugh:)

---

you know i support a game like this, right? :laugh:

wait a moment...if yelim's costume is my favourite is this meaning i'm blessing her as well? :laugh:

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Given that Russia pulled Mozalev out of Italy and signed him up for Croatia, I really don't see a reason for Korea to send Lee to Croatia, whose men's event is now shaping up to be stronger than the one at the JGPF. Lee is a substitute for Italy, where Grassl and Gumennik would be his strongest competition for the podium, so if the KSU sends him there, he'll have a clear path to the JGPF.

Ugh, I hope they're reading this. Be smart!!!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Are they allowed to move their skaters around assignments that much?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Given that Russia pulled Mozalev out of Italy and signed him up for Croatia, I really don't see a reason for Korea to send Lee to Croatia, whose men's event is now shaping up to be stronger than the one at the JGPF. Lee is a substitute for Italy, where Grassl and Gumennik would be his strongest competition for the podium, so if the KSU sends him there, he'll have a clear path to the JGPF.

Ugh, I hope they're reading this. Be smart!!!

Don't expect any signs of intelligence and/or basic competence from KSU, you'll only be disappointed. I'm going to buy lottery tickets if Younghyun and Sihyeong switch spots.

Are they allowed to move their skaters around assignments that much?

All participants at the JGP qualifers are listed as subs for every JGP, so it's just switching subs and therefore within the rules. But you can't underestimate KSU with their incompetence, I sincerely doubt that they actually have the maneuvering ability.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Wi and Ji currently 5th and 6th after the SP in Gdańsk.

I was expecting a little more for both of them but they still have a shot at the podium.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
All participants at the JGP qualifers are listed as subs for every JGP, so it's just switching subs and therefore within the rules. But you can't underestimate KSU with their incompetence, I sincerely doubt that they actually have the maneuvering ability.

ah the flashbacks to the clashing assignments of Young and Yelim at JGP Italy in 2017

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well, the most brutal JGP for ladies just finished and both Seoyoung and Seoyeon delivered under immense pressure. I have... quite some words I could say, but as this thread is not going to be a warzone I just want to say I love both of them so much for being this brave and wonderful. But one thing I can say: Seoyoung's stunning green dress was the dress of the night, I will gladly argue pointlessly with anybody on that ;)

Speaking of beautiful dresses, Haneul's lovely chocolate brown SP dress is now added to the upcoming Dress Championships. Now that should be a fun competition without predestined results

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I thought they were a bit underscored in my opinion but even accepting the scores, i don't understand how Tomoe finished above Seoyeon, and i loved the SP from the japanese but the free was a complete mess.

Certainly they both need to improve the interpretation and facial expression, and there were some underrotations.