2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Young has a GREAT chance of scoring silver at COC, and racking up a monster score if she nails her 3A in both programs this time. I just loved her enormous grin of delight after she landed it in her SP at Skate Canada 🤗

yyyskate

Record Breaker
lots of Chinese skating fans petitioned for YoungYou on weibo, and contacted Cup of China and asked them to invite her.
Everyone wanted it to happen, and it happened :luv17:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Young has a GREAT chance of scoring silver at COC, and racking up a monster score if she nails her 3A in both programs this time. I just loved her enormous grin of delight after she landed it in her SP at Skate Canada ��

YAS! oh god, it was such a moment. I was overjoyed for her, she deserves it so much. She was so happy!
She's a very talented skater and I was rooting for her ever since I saw that little 11 year old girl being named the next Yuna :biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm so happy for her! she totally deserves it! congratulations! now take this medal home :cheer:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Update on team Korea for Asian Open Trophy (I'm still not sure whether I'm getting the name right, the CS in China) for juniors:

junior men: Jeong Deokhoon, Lee Donghyuk
junior ladies: Ji Seoyeon, Wi Seoyoung

All the higher powers above, Seoyoung and Seoyeon is going to dominate the field for sure (no offense but well I don't see any other JGP top 5 finishers...) And what is with this competition, my darling squirtle, my tesoro Younghyun, and now my beloved Seoyoung :drama:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Young has a GREAT chance of scoring silver at COC, and racking up a monster score if she nails her 3A in both programs this time. I just loved her enormous grin of delight after she landed it in her SP at Skate Canada [emoji847]

and the way tuktamysheva is getting ur calls and low pcs, it definitely is a possibility!

frida80

Record Breaker
I’m giddy about the GPF, but nervous about the proximity to slotting. What is the dates of slotting?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Update on team Korea for Asian Open Trophy (I'm still not sure whether I'm getting the name right, the CS in China) for juniors:

junior men: Jeong Deokhoon, Lee Donghyuk
junior ladies: Ji Seoyeon, Wi Seoyoung

All the higher powers above, Seoyoung and Seoyeon is going to dominate the field for sure (no offense but well I don't see any other JGP top 5 finishers...) And what is with this competition, my darling squirtle, my tesoro Younghyun, and now my beloved Seoyoung :drama:

this should be a walk in the park for you, Ichat. basically the girls have no competition, about the men i couldn't tell, but my baby boy is doing the senior event, so one more shot for your tesoro

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
this should be a walk in the park for you, Ichat. basically the girls have no competition, about the men i couldn't tell, but my baby boy is doing the senior event, so one more shot for your tesoro

My tesoro is doing seniors too :drama:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well, the Hong Kong fed's not doing its job and I'm still trying to access the stream :dance2: but in the meanwhile, some videos:

Younghyun's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vpHLayZWAs

Sejong's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRF3opRB8_Y

Sihyeong's SP: https://twitter.com/with_jandi/status/1190527349810352128 (part 1) / https://twitter.com/with_jandi/status/1190527904393785344 (part 2)

Eunsoo's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsF3mIqMO_I

Siwon's SP: https://youtu.be/59G7-DyGB88

I have no idea why Haneul's SP is geoblocked, still digging

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Asian Open Trophy results: My darling Eunsoo won, Haneul was second, and Siwon got 6th. With the men it was Sihyeong 5th-Sejong 6th-Younghyun 7th.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So I'm a bit preoccupied trying to find an excuse to get off work other than a slight cold (damn you China I work on Friday :gaah:) so I only managed to find Young's SP runthrough in the weibo stream, the cam was really shaky but she did not have a good runthrough (fell on her 3A and 3Lz, only landed her flip) and looked tired throughout (understandably so). Hoping she gathers herself and kicks derrière as she can for the actual thing :pray:
As for Yujin, I have to find and see her (after I get off from work :dance2:), but since it's her first comp of the season and her senior GP debut I just want her to enjoy the competition, no pressure.

No men's practice footage I could find so far, well I just want my darling to be happy with himself and his skate. Great heavens above I hope his boots fit him still

frida80

Record Breaker
So I'm a bit preoccupied trying to find an excuse to get off work other than a slight cold (damn you China I work on Friday :gaah:) so I only managed to find Young's SP runthrough in the weibo stream, the cam was really shaky but she did not have a good runthrough (fell on her 3A and 3Lz, only landed her flip) and looked tired throughout (understandably so). Hoping she gathers herself and kicks derrière as she can for the actual thing :pray:
As for Yujin, I have to find and see her (after I get off from work :dance2:), but since it's her first comp of the season and her senior GP debut I just want her to enjoy the competition, no pressure.

No men's practice footage I could find so far, well I just want my darling to be happy with himself and his skate. Great heavens above I hope his boots fit him still

Well when you look at her schedule it makes since. She’s done four competitions in a six week period. Plus she probably nervous about this week since she could makes the GPF. My poor girl.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

don't worry! it has happened a lot that what you see in practice doesn't match what the skaters acually do in competition. anyway tomorrow i'll be here to cheer you up with silly comments and share our anxiety (my booooooooooooooy):ghug:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
don't worry! it has happened a lot that what you see in practice doesn't match what the skaters acually do in competition. anyway tomorrow i'll be here to cheer you up with silly comments and share our anxiety (my booooooooooooooy):ghug:

^^^^

This is very true!

Alena Kostornaia had rough practices in France, and burst in to tears several times.

But she delivered in the competition and blew everyone away!

I love Young's SP and if she skates clean she could get a huge score, she was 77+ at Skate Canada.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
^^^^

This is very true!

Alena Kostornaia had rough practices in France, and burst in to tears several times.

But she delivered in the competition and blew everyone away!

I love Young's SP and if she skates clean she could get a huge score, she was 77+ at Skate Canada.

also the field here is not very different from the canadian. let's just trust her :dev2: