7. Kim Haneul 180.49
8. Wi Seoyoung 178.41
9. Mo Jiwon 166.25
10. Choi Dabin 164.90

Unofficial 4CC team Korea:
Ladies- Kim Yelim, Lim Eunsoo, You Young
Men- Cha Junhwan, Lee Sihyeong, Lee Junhyeong
Ice Dance- Min/Eaton

Link for protocols, along with the senior men's, will be posted as soon as they're uploaded. Some comments of mine:

- Man the competition was tough
- Whoa Yelim won!! That's how you show them my girl, go skate at 4CCs like you did here and don't let them dare rob you of a second GP spot again
- Haein is definitely a phoenix, she is on fire
- Squirtle wasn't clean assuming by the scores, it's okay darling you're still on the podium and going to 4CCs
- Young presumably fell on her 3A, but she's also going to 4CC so go land it in February dearie.
- Haneul pulls herself up with yet another redemption free, never count her out.
- Jiwon is definitely going on the reserve team. Her first national senior competition and 9th place whoa
- Dabin is fighting for her spot on the main team, if she doesn't fall on her lutz at Nats maybe she'll get it. Otherwise it's the reserve team, which feels so weird considering she's the big sister here

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
- Man the competition was tough
- Whoa Yelim won!! That's how you show them my girl, go skate at 4CCs like you did here and don't let them dare rob you of a second GP spot again
- Haein is definitely a phoenix, she is on fire
- Squirtle wasn't clean assuming by the scores, it's okay darling you're still on the podium and going to 4CCs
- Young presumably fell on her 3A, but she's also going to 4CC so go land it in February dearie.
- Haneul pulls herself up with yet another redemption free, never count her out.
- Jiwon is definitely going on the reserve team. Her first national senior competition and 9th place whoa
- Dabin is fighting for her spot on the main team, if she doesn't fall on her lutz again at Nats I believe her spot will be secured

Wheee, Yelim! So proud of her. I know that first place here does not count for so much, but it's important for her to make her argument. And considering how tough this field is, she did that:).

Thank you for posting results. Per FSU, Eunsoo had a fall on the triple sal. And Young popped the triple axel but went clean otherwise. Still good skates for both if that was all. (Will wait & see the protocols for Eunsoo to see how the rest went). Yes, a very tough competition; and we go through it all again in less than a month. Yikes!

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
I am delighted for Jihun's score but I think I'll have to wait and watch the video before I can really believe it.
Such a surprise although I always knew she had the potential. ☺

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Wheee, Yelim! So proud of her. I know that first place here does not count for so much, but it's important for her to make her argument. And considering how tough this field is, she did that:).

Thank you for posting results. Per FSU, Eunsoo had a fall on the triple sal. And Young popped the triple axel but went clean otherwise. Still good skates for both if that was all. (Will wait & see the protocols for Eunsoo to see how the rest went). Yes, a very tough competition; and we go through it all again in less than a month. Yikes!

Damn that salchow :tantrum: Still, it's good to know she's cleanly landing her 3Lz-3T again (which I assume to be the case since she's on the podium), that means better confidence. And I assumed a 3A fall from Young, so it was a pop instead. Still, pretty good skates overall, man what a competition. Nats is going to be craaaaaazy

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
What matters is that Eunsoo didn't implode here like in NHK. Her score is lower than expected due to tacking a 2T instead of a triple for her 2A combo and to that UR call on her 3Lz-3T. Good for Yelim with the clean skates. Young looks tentative but I'm assuming she'd rather be in top form for nationals instead.

Korean Nationals will be fun regardless. I hope you bundle yourself and grab some hot choco/tea for the competition, Ichatdelune.
I still think the scheduling of this competition sucks though. It's roughly 3 weeks before nationals...:palmf:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
What matters is that Eunsoo didn't implode here like in NHK. Her score is lower than expected due to tacking a 2T instead of a triple for her 2A combo and to that UR call on her 3Lz-3T. Good for Yelim with the clean skates. Young looks tentative but I'm assuming she'd rather be in top form for nationals instead.

Korean Nationals will be fun regardless. I hope you bundle yourself and grab some hot choco/tea for the competition, Ichatdelune.
I still think the scheduling of this competition sucks though. It's roughly 3 weeks before nationals...:palmf:

Wait protocols are out? Why didn't I find them?? :confused:

Yup, it's a crazy schedule, no wonder Korean fans jokingly said that we should boycott this 4CCs to prevent this kind of insane schedule happening again... (deep sigh) Also, for Nats I'm taking HeeYuHee's advice and bringing a thermos with me along with tons of hot packs and my thickest winter coat, I know I'm going to freeze nonetheless but still :dance2:

bluefox

Spectator
Kim seoyoung was really good for one of the lower scorers. Shes really flexible.
Mo jiwon had a good performance and spins. Wi seoyoung looked great but maybe a little rushed.
Ji seoyeon and jihun were on point and jihun has such powerful jumps!
You young seemed out of focus on her sp. Maybe she is just trying to not take risk in rankings since shes having a long season one way or another. Eunsoo looked so practiced though. She was clean.
Yelim and haein were on fire though! They definetly deserve thier spots here.

Briananing

On the Ice
Haein looked so relaxed. It s really fun to watch her FP through out these season. Anyway eunsoo seemed to have problem with stamina, she always look so tired after her FP. But atleast she did her SP clean though her problem with jumping too close to the board seemed to resurface. By the way, many american skaters usually do their own hair and make up but what about korean ? Do they bring their own make up artist ?

seabm7

Final Flight
4CC all event tickets open tomorrow

http://4conti2020seoul.com/intro/

(Note: The official home page may be down due to traffic overload from time to time.)

All event tickets open on December 17, 13:00 KST and
Single tickets/practice session tickets open on January 2, 13:00 KST.

The sale sites for the all event tickets (including gala, main rink practice sessions, booklet, and gifts) are,

in Korean
http://ticket.interpark.com/Ticket/Goods/GoodsInfo.asp?GoodsCode=19016423

in English
http://www.globalinterpark.com/detail/edetail?prdNo=19016423

1,200 South Korean Won (KRW) = 1 US dollar (USD)

Gold package 242,000 Won = 210 USD
Silver package 176,000 Won = 150 USD

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm busy all day tomorrow but I have to find time somehow, I need a seat :dance2:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

seabm7

Final Flight
4CC all event ticket situation

* Gold (2nd floor)
A1 to A5: Not opened. Probably for the ISU family.
A6 to A17: Mostly sold out. However, I expect many people will cancel their tickets tonight, since there is no penalty fee for next 7 days

* Silver (3rd floor)
B6 to B7: Not opened. Not sure why
B15 to B17: Not opened. Probably for the athletes

B1 and B24: Mostly sold out. These seats are right behind the judges and the VIP area.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Had some time to watch the ranking competition.
Gotta say, I think this one was one of the best ever performances from Haein. She smiled throughout the performance and really gave her all.
Very good job for Yelim!
I'm a little confused with Korean scoring though. Aren't all countries supposed to score their home athletes higher at national competitions, at least compared to international competitions?
I mean, they're not supposed to, but that's what all countries do, home/nationals scores are generally big.
I sometimes think Korean home scoring is harsher than the scoring on international scene.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Had some time to watch the ranking competition.
Gotta say, I think this one was one of the best ever performances from Haein. She smiled throughout the performance and really gave her all.
Very good job for Yelim!
I'm a little confused with Korean scoring though. Aren't all countries supposed to score their home athletes higher at national competitions, at least compared to international competitions?
I mean, they're not supposed to, but that's what all countries do, home/nationals scores are generally big.
I sometimes think Korean home scoring is harsher than the scoring on international scene.
Korea always gives their athletes extremly low scores and sometimes questionable calls at national competitions. It is quite sad.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
After watching Yelim and Haein's LP I feel Haein could have own. Both skated clean, but Haein is much faster, more energetic and showed much more personality on ice. She does not look junior either. Could Yelim's higher score part of senior bonus? For me, Haein is the real deal. It seems she is a natural performer and truly enjoys skating.

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
After watching Yelim and Haein's LP I feel Haein could have own. Both skated clean, but Haein is much faster, more energetic and showed much more personality on ice. She does not look junior either. Could Yelim's higher score part of senior bonus? For me, Haein is the real deal. It seems she is a natural performer and truly enjoys skating.

I actually feel the same as you. I didn't see the protocols though, so I was hoping that Yelims win was due to a higher technical base value.

With the YOG qualifier a I already thought Haein could/should have won. If I remember correctly, You Young got slightly higher PCS in both segments, although I don't see why.

Haein's programs are so well crafted and executed... I might just be biased because I don't care as much for other programs but I also felt Haein has more transitions and therefore a program containing more elements to display her skating skills and doesn't spend 10-15 seconds preparing for a 3A.

Lzbee

Final Flight
Senior men's FS is over, senior ladies' FS has started. The top 4 is as follows:

1. Cha Junhwan 254.44
2. Lee Sihyeong 215.87
3. Lee Junhyeong 213.30
4. Cha Younghyun 200.50

Some comments of mine:

- The Cha-Lee National team is going to continue for yet another season, it seems
- My darling fell on the -3Lo but otherwise landed everything, and thankfully no 4F attempt. One step at a time, darling dearest.
- Happy birthday my homeboy, I read that you didn't go for your 3A here but you did go clean. A silver is a very nice birthday present indeed. Can I get to see a 3A-included clean free at 4CCs :pray:
- Sunghoon landed a 3A-2T :jaw: and then he fell on his second(!!) 3A and messed up his other jumps (per usual :sad4:), but wow Sunghoon you landed a 3A combo I am in shock and awe you just keep on evolving as a cactus don't you...
- Sejong also landed a 3A and proceeded to mess up his other jumps, oh what shall we do with these two hot messes (pun intended)
- Tesoro mio, I love you for being so consistent, but now it is so that you need a 3A to aim for the podium... Could you have one for next season, maybe? A fully rotated one, if you please

Who are "my darling" and "my homeboy" referring to? And "tesoro mio"?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Who are "my darling" and "my homeboy" referring to? And "tesoro mio"?

Oh, sorry :eek:: Junhwan is my darling, Sihyeong is my homeboy (he even went to the same schools that I did), and Younghyun is my tesoro.